Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
kos aqua beach club
1908 Posts
we have booked almond village resort in barbados
fc put towards it £900 and so did we
Just pleased to have it sorted and kids clubs and creche available as well as 24 hr all inc.
Can't wait now
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL KOS AQUA BEACH CLUB MEMBERS FROM ROS FERNIHOUGH TRAVEL LAW LAWYER.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=73371

Please copy this post across to the next pages so that all members can read the link.

Thanks.
ok well today i was told by a regional manager when she rang me to cancel that i would get 150 per person extra if i needed it to change my holiday and 20 per person compensation...whilst they have now booked my holiday to Mexico now my original holiday cost to KAB was 2099 for 2 adults and 2 children...now they said my new holiday will cost 2677 to mexico...so the first choice rep said that i should be ok because of the 150 i am allowed per person...hope i am making sense here hehe...but whilst she booked it she could not actually give me any of the details because that has to be done monday with the call centre...it wasnt making much sense to me to be honest...i am over the moon i have an alternative holiday and somewhere pretty special but i am really concerned come monday first choice will all of a sudden go back on what we have been told
im off to mexico next year....cant wait....you must be well excited.......
to be honest i was in complete shock when i walked out the travel agents i walked in close to tears thinking oh god whats gonna happen i aint gonna get a decent holiday now to finding that holiday in mexico and well it just looks a dream...will be even happier monday when they sort this compensation rubbish out and can finally say ok you have no more to pay on your holiday....like most folks i am on a budget and this close to the holiday date i really cant afford to be stung for heaps of cash just to get a nice holiday when i thought that was what i was gonna get at KAB...thats why i was asking about the compensation if it sounds like what others were told hehehe
Well i want my £100 admin fee back now they have pulled the Kef ABC for the whole year......
I will see on Monday too......
i aint bothered about getting money back ive paid the holiday so its money spent now...but i am simply refusing to put anymore extra money into first choice's hands perhaps i expect too much but they should be bending over backwards to help us at the moment not treat us like the enemy .. ive very rarely used any other tour operator i have always found first choice fair and honest....after this year i will now never book an holiday on a artists impression and will perhaps think twice about using first choice again ... i just hope come monday there is some solution i really dont want a refund i want a holiday i dont have the patience to sit watching the teletext etc to get a late deal...i shall try to think positive hehe
Genise
They should pay that extra for you. Roll on Monday then you can relax and look forward to your hols in Mexico.
Karen
Genise hope it all goes well on Monday then you can relax.
Genise, stick by your guns. If they can do it for one family they can do it for another!

Good luck and let us know!

Kath HT Admin
genise - I think you will be ok, we booked last year direct through the booking line, when we changed both time to turkey on wed night and then to costa del sol on thursday both times the booking line were able to check availability and give us the decision on wether the move would incur more money etc, but both times we still had to go through to customer services as they are the only department that can physically make changes to your original holiday (well thats what we was told anyway) we were told on the costa del sol change at the booking line stage that there was only 8 seats left on the plane, and we needed 6 of them, it was a worrying hour and half on the phone waiting to be put through to CS (of which we spent scouring through the brochures for yet another holiday just in case) and really expected those 8 seats to have gone by the time they answered, but luckily for us we were ok, fingers crossed for you and your family.
just wondering who is still going on 5th July who was originally booked for this date? and roughly how much did you pay?

I ask this as ive just priced it up and for my mob to go this date its only £1556.60 thats for 3 adults 1 child and 1 infant, for one week, it then goes up by over £600 on 12th July, If it does open on 5th and is 100% ready, thats a really good price, they must have had so many cancellations now to have reduced the price by that much.
Hi Michelle from essex

if they are charging 1556 its a good deal if all amenities are top class.
we were charged 2069 for 5 july 2 adults 2 kids. 13 months ago.

decided to cancel and now going to egypt but can't leave this forum alone.
so all us cancelees are havin our hols sold with a 500 quid discount good job they changed us foc but they are re-couping their costs so hope the complex is ready for them who are willing to be first in.
but we're not.
have a good one

Mrs grahamedw
Genise, I'm sure you will get it sorted on Monday, we too are off to Mexico and fc paid approx £500 and are giving us £60 back, so all in all it's worked out okay and it will do for you also, I'm sure :D
why are some of you paying more i chose another holiday and fc priced it up at £4500 (17 of us) more than i had paid for kabc and they upgraded us to family suites and also paid the difference it was their fault not all of ours so they should pay not us, just argue it out with them
I have just got through to firstchoice first time this morning, asked them if i could change my holiday but she said that they wouldnt cover the costs only admin fees as we not due to go until 30 th Aug and everything she priced up was more expensive and we cannot afford to pay the difference whoever the same holiday that we have booked just to go on the 5th July is £234 cheaper for exactly the same room flight late checkout so we may get some money back and go 5th July instead she has just quoted me £1749 for the KABC on july the 5th and at least this way if it doesnt open i may even get a better holiday when they cancel me and it is less time waiting around to see what will happen.
Yeah join us on the fifth of July. It will be great, i just know it!
Dargas. Sorry, misread your post! Thought you had only paid £4500 for KABC! Where are you off to now?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.