Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure *
1176 Posts
hi im thinking of taking travelers checks with us are they easy to cash at the hotel :?: and do they have a cash machine to draw money from a card .

any advice would be great :D
Im sure they do change TC , they changed english money for me. There is no cash machine, but we were told that there was one in the hotel next door we could use.

We had a great holiday im sure you will love it.
thankyou :D :D
im sure we will 8) 8)
hi all just returned from lti ....what can i say...?fantastic resort,food excellant ,good choice,very varied staff friendly and fun,small tip expected....comes in handy for coffee and tea in the room!no tummy bugs at all and we ate everything...!slides ,pool,grounds ,toilets on site all well maintained,very clean,beach is coral,but we knew that before we went out,do not complaining there.we did meet a woman who had the hotel doctor out for her and her husband because thay were ill with the runs,she said she had done her teeth in the bottled water and the local tap water had not passed her lips once,but she confessed to using it in her kettle for a cuppa in the morning,i was told you need to boil water for ten minutes to eradicate all bacteria,etc,we used bottle water in the kettle,its free and lots of it about.there were plenty of people without the bad tummys,so dont listen to all the negative reviews posted on here. this is a five star hotel,i should know,ive travelled all over the world.i was definatly go back again,so if you have booked it ,look forward to it and go.if you listen to the bad reviews on here youl be missing out on so much.oh an thanks for the post ozzy...got back this morning at five..cheers mate...!
Thanks for you comments, as far as you know was there a bus to a sister hotel in Naama bay in the evenings?
hi yes there was a shuttle bus,free of charge,it ran almost every hour till three am!it dropped you off at the roseetta hotel in maarma bay,thats the sister hotel,2min walk from there into naarma area.
going 1st july to lti so please tell me how much to tip, ie a uk pound for a drink. i wish not to offend :oops:
I usually tip only for good service.
I will tip the bar staff a fiver when I first arrive and make sure they know my face! I never have a problem getting service for the next week and just tip maybe a pound a night then on at the bar.

A pound a drink is a lot to tip, maybe tip the first time then after a couple of hours if you are still getting decent service but I wouldn;t tip every time.

I usually tip the room service a tenner nad the pool lads a quid a day.

This all adds up but it is their main income, even above the wages.
I dont tip in the self service food area but I will tip a pound or two in the restaurants per meal.

Just my own ammounts, its a very personal thing mate, you will still receive decent service even if you dont tip at all, but you will be hand served all the time (first) if you tip well and are polite.
Manaja <----- Can you use the services at the Rossetta if you wish ie All Inclusive drinks, Pool, food etc..
to be honest,we never went in the roseeta hotel,we tipped the room boy a fiver...and also the bar man a fiver,fifty egyptian that is,that was at the start of the jollys, ahmed in the main bar,he pretty cool,look after you all week for a fiver,the room boys make sure you always will have plenty of tea coffee and sugar,creamer etc,use the bottled water for the kettle and for your teth and youl be fine,were thinking of going again in nov for week.
thanks for the tip tips, i have been reading about the lti since oct 05 when i booked, it is a great site. i am still unsure of what trips to do. six of us goiing for our 25th. :D
Hello, I've been reading this site recently and found the info very helpful, we're flying out on 19th June for 2 weeks and staying at the LTI. Just got a few questions, concerns and would very much appreciate it if anyone could set my mind at ease.

Do we have to buy a visa on arrival regardless of whether we plan to travel internally? I don't think that we are planning to leave Sharm so won't be purchasing a visa if this is an option?

For spending money we were planning to take a small amount of Egyptian pounds in with us (is there a limit on how much you can take in or is that a myth?) but we were planing to use cash machines and withdraw money as and when required. Are cash points readily accesable in the resort or would we be better taking travellers cheques?

Finally and most importantly will I be able to pick up coverage of the World Cup either in the hotel or in any local bars / restaurants? I would hate to think that I would not be able to see any England games and just need somebody to put my mind at rest / recommend somewhere??

Many thanks.
You dont need to buy a visa just say 'Sinai only' and they will just stamp your entry card.

There are cash machines over the road from the hotel (at the bank). We took about 50 quids worth of Egyptian Pounds to pay for taxi and tips on arrival then just used the cash machine - better rate there than here! There is also a machine you can convert sterling (£5 upwards) which was quite useful.

Not sure about the TVs - there were definately sports channels (my son footie mad) but the premiership matches tended to be a few days later after they were played. There was also a big screen in the VIP Lounge - looked like it just had the news on most of the time!

Hope this helps - you will have a great time!
Thanks very much Lucie123, very useful.
Thoroughly looking forward to it now!
Hi all!

My name is Margo, I'm a Russian student and I'm going to work at the animation team in this very hotel. I've read all of your posts and commets with great interest and I was really confused by these troubles with Russian folks you had written about. The main problem is that it's true.. I really feel ashamed for my compatriots. They act like they are the best and everyone has to take off their hats in front of them.. Thanx God, I know some foreign languages, so I can be easily confused with a French or Italian lady. Not Russian, that's it.

But that was only a cry from my heart. Actually I wanted to find out some information which can be useful for my further work. As far as I know the animation team of LTI Grand Azure is really inactive and sluggish. Is it true? How many members of the animation team is working there now? What activities are there during the day?

P.S. Excuse my English :roll:
Can anyone tell me how you "pay" at the grand azure? I have been AI were you have to use your room card and sign the recipet,just sign the recipet and one were there wasn`t a till at all! What is the score at this hotel.Thanks
If It's like it's sister hotel Tropicana Grand Oasis

then you sign a chit and pay on Check out OR pay cash (Egyptian preferable) and the group hav eseparate cashiers to the bar staff wierd setup as they tend to sit on their backsides doing nothing for 99% of their shift -- I want a job like that :lol:
could you explain what kind of things you have to pay for we going all inclusive to lti grand and was under the impression food and drink were free .

any help would be great :)
Food and drink are free - the only thing you have to pay for are branded drinks such as Baileys, Smirnoff etc - you soon get used to the 'local' version. :lol:. You only need cash for tips etc. Only had to sign for drinks when had Baileys.

Hope this helps!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.