Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Yeh I'm even luckier, I look like Steve McQueen. :)
...and modest too !!! If it weren't for the failing eyesight, I'd say you were just about perfect !! :roll: :rofl
He is Sagres Ive met him and his lovely wife Sue and honestly he's a ringer for Steve Mc Queen ( with rose coloured glasses on) Ha Ha, sorry mick no offence pal all in good fun. Cheers Jayjan
..............about this get-together..........is there a Specsavers in Albufeira where we could all meet ?? :rofl
Actually JayJan did say I look ok with a bag over my head. :)
Perhaps when I last looked in the mirror I had my beer goggles on. :)
My Brother in Law flew back to Portugal on Thursday, so he had to put his mobile in his suitcase. Guess what? his case had been broken into when he arrived in Faro and the mobile stolen. Lots more your electric items in cases will prove a big temptation to thieves. I expect a lot of this will be happening over the next few weeks.
Security not such a major issue the other side of the barriers then. If they are employing petty thieves it makes you wonder who else they might be employing! It must be just as easy for them to slip something into a suitcase as well as take something out.

I hope your B in L made a big fuss about it.
Cheers, addick,
That's just what we needed - someone to calm our nerves before the September flight !! :shock:
I know, am already starting to worry about the implications for our Sept flight too :omg
Yet if we have to put everything into our suitcases and we lose our mobiles etc through theft, it's got to be by the baggage handlers in UK. or point of arrival, so what do you do??????????
It's all very well taking all these safety precautions but it surely opens doors for the common thief.......although, given the choice, I'd rather lose a few valuables than be blown up mid-air :lol:
Pat
:glynis
I know it's too late to be of any use to Judith's brother-in-law,but for anyone else travelling under the new security measures:pack your mobile phone in one case and the battery & SIM card in the other. It won't stop them being nicked, but they'll be no use at all to the thieving b******s who've nicked them. :twisted:
  • Edited by Sagres 2006-08-15 18:15:12
Knew I could depend on you, Sagres, to come up with a sensible idea to try to make things more difficult for them :lol:
:glynis
..........just trying to help my fellow travellers and spread a little joy at the same time. :lol: :lol:

P.S. For the return trip,try wrapping the phone in the old man's boxers from the previous evening....... let's see how badly they want that b***** phone !!! :rofl
'fraid the old man still prefers the "Y's"..........but I'm sure the principle remains the same................
:rofl :glynis :rofl
I'd already had the same idea about splitting the phone into two cases on my next flight, unfortunately B in Law is staying down in Portugal all summer and had flown to the Uk on a flying visit to visit our 87year old mother who was in hospital, so he only brought one small case. I haven't talked to him as yet, just received an SMS sent from his new Portuguese phone.
I thought of the same thing Sagres but also another safety precaution is putting a pin lock code into your phone also then it is completely useless. I always have my phone on a lock code. The guy at the phone shop said the only person who can unlock it is the owner who knows the code. I definateley wont be taking my digital camera this time or any other expensive piece of technology.Cheers Jayjan.
Nice idea,jayjan,but ,with my memory I couldn't possibly cope with another pin code !!! :lol:
just stick the sim in your wallet or purse.!
Which wallet's this - the one that'll be nicked along with the phone ?? :lol:
Sagres, are you retired, or just a lazy B? :)
You never seem to be off these boards.
Although I value your nuggets of wisdom. :)
BTW I'm just a lazy B.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.