Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
somewhere lively and for teens
Albufeira is probably ideal Porker, central location and the best of both worlds, the Old Town for Mums & Dads, the Strip for teens. That's not to say there are not plenty of bars and music pubs in the Old Town, but the Strip is loud and brash, the kind of thing young people like these days i understand... :wink:
thanks alot we dont like it too quiet
Hi Porker, If you like it loud and brash The Strip would be ideal for you, depends when you are going. In July August Sept its very busy, months of May June & October are busy but nicer. I prefer the Old town & St Eulalia myself lots going on also but not as loud more family orientated. I like The Strip in small doses so to speak.Whichever you choose to visit i'm sure you will enjoy yourself If you do decide to pick Albufeira try Algarveaddicks bar its called Floyds Bar very cosy & friendly, its worth a visit, Perry & Karen will welcome you, its situated in-between the old town & the Strip. Cheers Jayjan
the kind of thing young people like these days i understand...

now all chant
perry is a fogey,perry is a fogey
Mr Pot... a call from Mr Kettle for you...
:rofl
Mr Pot... a call from Mr Kettle for you...

Tee Hee
well last time i saw him he was sipping pints of london pride, all that was needed was a pipe and some slippers.
Have heard that there was an earthquake off the coast of the Algarve measuring 6.1 on the Richter scale. did anyone feel this? All ok?
Apparently the epicentre was 150km south of Cap St Vincent.
This link will give more details,from which it appears that there have been no damage reports at this time:
http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/ous/STORE/X2007ysam/ciim_display.html
Fingers crossed !!!
Our Portuguese friends from Lagos have just 'phoned in response to my text message.Their kitchen table shook a little but there are no signs of any damage or injury in the town,thank God !!
I felt the tremor quite clearly - I was sitting on my chair in front of PC at the time. The epicentre was in the place where it is supposed the devasting earthquake of 1755 originated. There are tremors every few days but usually only 1 or 2 points on the Richter scale and therefore not noticed by humans.

No reports of damage or injuries anywhere.

However as one of my friends has gleefully pointed out the Algarve is overdue for a 'big one'. Nice friend.
What sort of idiot would consider building a new island off the coast under those circumstances ? :)
I was in Olhos d Agua on Monday when earthquake occurred. There was five of us in the apartment and 1 downstairs. I didn't feel anything but just heard a weird noise like someone pulling a suitcase over cobbles. I went in to kitchen and two of my mates asked if I felt the earthquake, I said no, they then pointed to an empty bottle of coke on the kitchen table that was still vibrating. Two of the others came in and said they clearly felt a slight loss of balance. Was weird because the night before at dinner I had mentioned that the area is in an earthquake zone and some of the guys thought I was winding them up.
For all of those who missed me :lol: over the last 2 months, I'm back and counting already the days till 24 th May when we go to Cabby yet again!!!!!
Thailand was great and our son's wedding was brilliant.
The Thai people are as friendly as the Portuguese and although I get by with the Portuguese lingo, the Thai lingo is a nightmare to try to master. It didn't stop hubby ordering his pint of lager though.......even though it wasn't sagres!!!!!
Good to be back and lets get the old banter going, eh, Sagres???????
Pat
:glynis
Hi Pat, Welcome back, glad you enjoyed your sons wedding,and now looking forward to your trip to Cabby. Cheers Jayjan
Welcome back Pat and congratulations to your son and new daughter in law.
Hi Pat,

Welcome home! What a trip you must have had. We know some youngsters who've been to Thailand, but no-one of our advanced years!!
:wink:
Welcome back Pat,

I reckon two months is worth a good report in the new Thailand forum. Tesco are selling Singha if your missing it :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.