Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Has anyone been to this hotel? We are going in 6 weeks time and would love to hear anyones tips/comments etc. We are going bed and breakfast with a 14 and 12 year old - is it reasonable to eat out and what's the quality of the food? Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.
i am going to this hotel not until november. it does look fantastic. i have found some reviews on it all good you'll be pleased to know. if you haven't already done so go to http://www.tripadvisor.com there are some reviews here there is also some info in the forum pages. when you get back prehaps you could write a review on this website. thanks happy holidays ps its much cheaper to eat in naama bay but it is a short taxi ride away. :P :D :lol:
Thanks very much medot, have looked at the site and am much relieved. :lol:
Mmm i think i might have already seen you on this website oh well.
try this one http://www.egypttoday.com. if you go into back issues for august 2004, scroll down to "culture" and open the page headed star attractions there is an egyptian review of the hotel. if its anything like this how can we go wrong! :roll:
Hi, this is my first time on the forum, not too sure about it!
I'm going to Renaissance hotel in June with my hubby and 2 children (11 & 16).
I've read so many conflicting reports, please please let me know how you get on.
I'm a little worried that there won't be much to do in the evenings.
I'm planning on going into Naama Bay as I've read some great reviews.
Hope you have a fantastic time.
Caroline :lol:
Caroline/Jules01 see the topic headed "has anyone read the news of the world today" this hotel has now appeared on thomsons satalite tv channel the family mentioed won their holiday to the renaissance. even though its not mentioed by name the presenter is deffinatly walking round that hotel as ive seen some pictures of it. :P :wink:
Hi Medot

You are correct in the paper it said thats where the winners of the competition were staying . I just wanted to watch it cause they took you about Sharm , Did you watch it? was it any good?
By the way cheers for letting us know ive checked every day and couldnt find it i had given up last couple of days.

Debs :yipee
of course i watched it like you i have spent the last week looking at thomson tv now how sad is that :cry: i thought the programme was really good it was nearly the whole half hour about sharm. not only was the renaissance featured, where we are going in november but so was the sonesta club which we have just come back from. :lol: i think as well they must have gone round some of old sharm i cant remember seeing some of those shops in naama bay. the only down thing was that they recommended the dolphin show which i dont think is supposed to be very nice try and watch it if you can. :wink: ps message for debs just read your last note headed "sharks bay" opps! is that a slight spelling mistake ha ha ha ha
Oops Medot !!

Yes it was a wee mistake must have been all that going topless talk.

Debs :oops: :oops: :oops:
Hi..Going to tay here in 3 weeks time has anyone been there recently could you tell me more about the hotel Thanks...
I'm going there on Sunday, so will let you all know what it's like on my return!

CG :D
Myself, partner and 12 year old son went to this hotel for Christmas and loved it! In fact we have booked to go back this July. We are a bit scared now because we have been told that we are going to 'fry' in July! But as for the hotel, it is lovely and the staff are fab! The pools are all great and the snorkeling is good in the sea. We got the courtesy bus down to naama bay in the evening and got a cab back. We were bed and breakfast so we ate at a different place every night. The buffet at the hotel is lovely (especially the breakfast)! Anyway, not sure if I've answered your question but I hope you have a wicked time! :wink:
What date in July are you going?

Will you be flying from Gatwick? :D
nadditude. thanks for the above. i'm back to looking forward to going to this place. how about writing a review on the hotel on this website there aren't any at the moment :P . just one quick question. i know you have to get in to the water from a jetty. how deep is the water here. are we talking WOW thats deep :yikes
Hi, everyone has nothing but fantastic praise for the hotel and area around. Is there much entertainment in the evenings for an 11 year old boy and 16 year old girl?
We're going June 20th, so will let you all know what we think. Can't wait!
All of Sharm is hot in summer but at least here you should get some nice sea breezes and the views are superb. The owners are the developers of Iberotel Grand, Mexicana, Grand Resort and so on and so on. Rooms supposed to be excellent. The snorkeling there will be out of this world.
Oh... and it is on the edge of Hadaba where Alfa Leila oriental show and its bazaar is located as well as other attractions. Just maybe 7 - 8 km from Naama, and less to Maya Bay.
Pippy - We are flying from Luton mid July.

Caroline G - The entertainment in the evenings is rather low-key. It depends what you like. It was Christmas so we had a few special things on but normally I think there are singers on and local dancing and stuff like that. There are a few different bars and restaurants at the hotel as you will know. There is table tennis and tennis courts etc. We tended to go to naama bay for a stroll along the front, shop, eat and then come back for a few drinks and spend the night looking for our room! (There are a lot of them - we didn't get hammered!) Hope this answers your question. ??

Medot - I have been meaning to write a review on here since I got back and will get round to it soon! I'm a wee bit shy! :oops:

About the jetty - I was a little bit apprehensive at first as I like to just paddle in to the sea until I get more confident (watched too many Jaws films). It is deep out at the jetty but there are 2 ladders that you can climb down or you'll find you just jump in! The water is beautifully clear and you can see lots of lovely fish! Don't know if that answers your question, but yes it's deep - but not that deep - how deep is deep?! - the reef is all around you.

And while we are on the subject of 'Jaws', from that very jetty we were 'lucky' enough to see to little sharks and a dolphin! It was awesome but a wee bit scary as we were supposed to be going snorkelling. I sent my partner in first for a good ten minutes to be sure that they had gone!

Anyway, try not to worry all! Have fun! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.