Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
can anyone please tell me the flifgt time from scotland to bulgaria
Balkan Holidays quote a flight time of 3 1/2 hours from Scotland.

Peter
thanks peter great name
we are going to bulgaria for a week end of may without our children, we are staying at the bellevue hotel would appreciate any info on hotel also how much spending money like to eat out and have afew drinks ,also as we our on our own any romantic resturants in sunny beach thanks in advance
my friend has booked to go to sunny beach late sep early oct with three kids 11, 9, 7 is unsure as to what weather will be like has anyone been this time of year ? if so some info would be great thanks,[/b]
Hi Loulabelle,

You will find weather statistics for late September HERE

I have never been that late in the year,but you will find that most of the shops will be closing down,(great for bargains :D ) but not much for the kids to do, as most of the kids entertainment will be closing too :? .
Hi Loulabelle, we have been late September on a couple of occasions and found the weather ok. Mostly warm ( early 70's) days, some rain( not much) but it is quite cool in the evenings and a cardi/jumper is generally worn.
We did find the place to be a bit quieter with some shops and restaurants closing down as this is the end of the season. However, there are a lot more hotels and apartments now being built that it should bring more people to Sunny Beach and so shops etc may stay open for a couple of weeks longer.

8) The Toonman
There's a whole thread on weather here -

weather

In our experience going back years, late September/early October is rather too late in the season, unless like us you don't have children with you.

No one can predict the weather with any accuracy, but we have experienced rain towards the end of September, and downright cold and wet in October.

Things closing down can be a real problem. If the bars, restaurants, and stalls have made their money earlier in the season, they just close down towards the end and that's it for the year.

Peter
thanks all for your info do u have anything particular to add about the victoria palace (not sure if apts or hotel).
Hi
We have reviews of Victoria Palace hotel http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/bulgaria/sunny-beach/victoria-palace-hotel/
Have to say I would not recommend a holiday in late September/early October. You may strike lucky but there is far more liklihood that the weather will not be good. Bulgaria's beach holiday season is a lot shorter than the likes of Spain.
We went to sunny beach 18th sept 2004 for 2 weeks and the weather was lovely and it rained once the whole time we were there. Didnt notice anything closing down had a great time.
We were in the Hotel Fiesta Beach right beside the Victoria Palace back in Sept 2005 according to people talking the food in the Victoria Palace is not very good. There was more complaints to our holday rep about the Victoria Palace than any other hotel in the resort. Weather can get cold in evenings but you will more than likely get the most wonderful lighting storm as an added bonus. This was our third time out in Sept and yes you will find things closing down in late Sept.
looking at booking for july 2006.would like to know are there plenty of bars and discos etc for two 17 yr old girls in sunny beach.
loads of bars and clubs in SB you can party 24/7.
Plenty of bars and clubs. Orange nightclub being one of them which is signposted from the main front. Also, most of the beach bars do BOGOF offers on all cocktails evey night of the week. You will have plenty to choose from.
hi thinking of going to sunny beach in august, taking my 10 year old son, i would like to know if there is plenty of entertainment for him during the day and night . thanks...scully27 :)
i am going to sunny beach injuly 2006.i would like to know how much the istanbul trip is and is it worth going on. and are there any more excursions that are worth doing
Hi Alison,

The Istanbul trip has been discussed in several threads, which you will find if you use the site's "Search" facility, e.g. http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/istanbul-trip-t51166.html

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.