Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
sunny beach- Q&As
235 Posts
Going to SB on 26 May and have discovered that the aquapark does not open until 1 June. Have been informed that the Hotel Kumar has a small park of its own with water slides etc. Might be of interest to those taking water babies with them!

Alio :D
Hi alio,

Have been informed that the Hotel Kumar.....

I suspect that you mean the Hotel Kuban? (Don't think it's 'number 42' on the map!) :wink:

Baldur
Thanks Baldur, well spotted! Doubt if my daughter would worry too much it was No 42 as long as it has some slides and a pool!

Cheers
Alio :D
I thought it would be good to have a thread all about Sunny Beach and members' views on it - the good and the great( and the negatives!) Who wants to go first?

PS
feel free to start new threads on other resorts!
This is me and the wifes 4th visit to sunnny beach in as many years. I love the place, cant put my finger on why i keep wanting to go back but I do.
The other half says that this year is our final visit to SB but I`ll try and convince her before next year to go back :)
My advice to people thinking of going for the first time is "dont listen to all the negative things that you hear and read about" The pro`s far outweigh the cons.
If we must add the cons to holidaying there, the only 2 i can think of that annoy me is the guys with the snakes and bear and the security at the airport.
Hi Fitzy

What is the problem with the airport security?I look nothing like my eight year old passport photo.Is this likely to cause a problem?Any advice would be welcome :D

Regards

Sharpy
Hi Sharpy.

Dont worry about airport security with your passport photo I certainly dont look like my photo . We have been going back and forward to to Sunny Beach for the last 17 years we first went out in 1989 after hearing a radio advert for the country , and can honestly say that people we met then are still friends the people are the friendliest we have met and the country has changed a lot but the people are still the same and try to be helpful if possible yes s/b has changed the hotels have got better the transport has changed (not so many lada's or skoda's as taxi's) now there are lots more shops and restraunts to choose from but still there is that something which draws you back year after year we have also said a few times that we would try somewhere else again but have yet to find somewhere with people who are so genuine as long as you don't treat them like servants and at least try to learn some of there language and a bit about their culture. 8) :lol: :roll:
Went to Sunny Beach last summer and although we had a good holiday (but I'm not hard to please on holiday) I wouldn't go back there. It just wasn't my ideal holiday. Too many shops of the same kind, too many motorized vehicles dodging you on the streets and the weather was unpredictable. I know there's not much can be done about the weather but taking everything into consideration not a place I'd re-visit. For all you first timers, I'm sure you'll have a good time as there's nothing to hate about the place, it just wasn't our cup of tea- It might be yours.
I am going to Bulgaria for the first time on the 23rd of June. Cant wait!!! :D Does anyone know if there are any nice fish restaurants in Sunny Beach. Also, are there any kiosks or stalls that sell local snacks? I like to taste the local food as opposed to eating things such as McDonalds. After all, thats what going abroad is all about, isnt it??
On holidays in Turkey they done lovely boat trips and was wondering if there are any in Sunny Beach.
Hi David,

You will find kiosks selling kebaps & other snacks and many Bulgarian restaurants. I personally dislike fish, but other posters have highly recommended fish restaurants in Nesebar - there are also fish restaurants in Sunny Beach itself.

See bombhead's post in this thread for information on one sailing trip.

Baldur
Heya can anyone tell me wat its goin to be like for a bunch of 4girls going over to bulgaria-sunny beach? were not too sure wat the nite life is like and we love our clubs?.. two of us also have to get a taxi from the airport does anyone no around how much it would cost? and one last thing EVERYONE says its cheap but is it really?? :?
Hi, No need to worry about nightlife. There are a number of clubs in the resort staying open until the dawn hours as well as numerous bars.
As for the taxi, agree a price at the airport,but expect to pay about 25-30 lev ( approx £8-£10 ).

As for how cheap. Compared to the Costa's etc., you will find it incredibly cheap, although prices are starting to rise with the influx of tourists compared to a couple of years ago. You will find a thread on this page on day to day prices. As a rough guide I can tell you that the amount of money we take for a week in Tenerife is more than enough for 14 days in Bulgaria, and that includes eating out everynight and living like a king.

8) The Toonman
Hi

We paid 45 lev from the airport to Sunny Beach and 40 lev for the return journey. This was in August 2005. We spoke to several other people at the airport. All paid the same amount. I would love to have details for a taxi driver charging only 20 to 25 lev if such a driver exists.

ronl
Hi Ronl, We were there in Sept last year and i can only tell you what it cost then. Maybe as it is slightly later they were fighting to get fares from a lesser number of people.

8) The Toonman
Hi Toonman

I expect that you are right. Your comment certainly makes sense. Thanks for the reply. We are going out in August. As there will be seven of us, requiring 2 taxis we have found that it will work out slightly cheaper to book transfers with Balkan Holidays- £7/person each way. This also could be useful as we may meet fellow Brits staying where we are. An alternative might be to get hold of a minibus driver but so far we have not found any leads. We looked at the airport both in June and in August last year but none were available.

ronl
Some advice please.We(2 adults and 1 child 8years old) are going to Sunny Beach for 2 weeks stopping in Riu Helios. We are going allinc. but as we are all football fans we will be out quite often to watch football so does anyone know of good bars to watch football? Alsowe are looking to take around 600 pounds will this be enough? Lastly I have read the hotel reports and it sounds good is this really the case? :oops:
Hi, we are going 20th June to the riu Helios, I have read excellent reports from last year but no one seems to have been there this year yet!
Hi , You will find the Helios to be an excellent choice and shouldn't have any worries.
I would imagine that reports will start to come in soon as the first wave will have now just about got back.
As for the footy, you will find it played on tv all over the place as the Bulgarians love their footy too. The Happy Duck on the sea front for starters shows a load of sport.
We normally take £1000 for 2 of us for 14 days, however we always come back with £200-£300 and we eat/drink out every night so you should be fine.

8) The Toonman
I am travelling to sunny beach on the 19th of june woohoo :lol: . I am going with my other half, his parents and his two brothers who are 14 and 16, i was just wondering if there is plenty to do for all of us. Also, could anyone recommend how much spending money me and by boyfriend will need, we are thinking of taking about £700, we are going for a week.
Any info would be great

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.