Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi scully27 we took our 9 yr old last year and year before he loved it couple of aqua parks, bungee jumps small ones for kids, quad bikes,crazy golf, some small rides down on the front (beach) at night some bars have entertainers on eg magicians, singers dancers so i`m sure you will be okay hope this helps a little. :wave
It would be helpful if someone could give me an idea as to the availability of baby nappies in Sunny Beach as we do not want to be bringing them all the way from UK. Not sure if they have the same brands i.e. Pampers, Huggies etc. but a similar 'non-leaky' variety would be just as good! Also, can the ususal baby toiletries be found in supermarkets or chemists? You can tell that this is our first time abroad with a baby...paranoid or what!

:rofl

Thanks
Hi Marcola,

You will find disposable nappies in Minimarkets in Sunny Beach - can't recall if they were the brands with which you are familiar from the UK though.

Pampers Duo are available from 'Metro' cash & carry stores in Varna and, probably, Bourgas.

Baldur
are there any supermarkets in sunny beach.we will be staying at the sun village[/list]
Hi,

I've read a few resort reports saying things were a little quiet aroind early - mid May. Also that there was a lot of construction going on at this time. We're a group of mid 20's singles looking for a decent nightlife (when I say decent I mean lively bars, clubs etc - not looking for the puke fests in Ibiza, Ayia Napa etc).

Have the choice of the last week in May or something in mid June. Can anyone tell me if there's a major difference in Nightlife for these dates? Is the resort busy at the end of May?

Thanks for your help....
Things are beginning to open in May but the official start to the season is mid June. I would definitely recommend the June option.

Patka
Hi Allison,

The answer to your question is HERE

Asking the same question on two threads leads to confusion.

Peter
Hi Ryan,

I would agree with Patka that mid-June is a much better option.

Baldur
Hi Joanne R..thanks for your information...we have decided to go to benidorm instead...could not get the right dates for bulgaria, husband has got set holidays :( ... will try again next year...thanks a lot.... :D
Thanks for the reply guys.
As it turns out the mid June option is not a runner anymore, looks like we'll be going with late May, the 29th to the 5th of June.

I take it there'll be some sort of life around the place then?
And decent weather?
Hi Ryan,

I've never been to Bulgaria in May, but have some neighbours who went to Albena for a week in May 2005 and said that the weather was good.

Baldur
Good Morning Baldur, I for five years always went around 25th May to Albena, always had a great time and some good weather, the only reason I changed to first week in June was to allow parents to get holidays with their kids also fitted in with plans to orphanages. Cheers Tonyt.
Good morning Tony,

Thanks for that - I have been to Bulgaria in February, March, June, July, August & September, but never May (so far).

Regards,

Baldur
Hi Tonyt,

So was Albena busy around that week of May?
Were all the bars, shops, restaurants etc open at that time?
Hi, Yes everything appeared to be in full swing. My Daughter and family fly down on 26th May to Albena. I am only a few days behind you, I leave Gatwick on 2nd June. Must warn you, Albena is not such a big partying resort as Sunny Beach. Cheers Tonyt.
we are going 23rd may its nice to know that things will be open in sunny beach first time to bulgaria.
Hi

I went to Sunny Beach 23rd May to 5th June two years ago,plenty of Restaurants open(mainly with singers or duos)but not much in the way of shows.I was told by the locals that many of the shows dont open till the first weekend in June.It might be different now that there are more hotels and apartments been built since then.
The disco's were open at that time of year but not over crowded so i was told,but there are plenty of lively bars around.
Dont let this put you off your holiday,because i still had a great time.
Thanks for the info Basil.....
hi
went last year you can get pampers over there if you look in the pharmacys, you may have to look around for the right size as we found it diffcult finding a size 4,there is a big supermarket on the front of sunny beachthey had cow and gate food jars swim nappies quite a lot really .
hope this helps
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.