Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
sunny beach- Q&As
235 Posts
hey there guys. i went to sunny beach middle of september and we had 4 nice days and the rest of the time i thought it was freezing and it poured of rain. but that didnt stop me having a wicked time hiring golf buggies to get around n going on the trips. still a good holiday! dunno if id go back though. but see im not having much luck with holidays just now cos im supposed to be going to jamaica in january. might not get there yet!

Louise x
Ah! Memories - my hubby and I had our first holiday together in Sunny Beach!
When we visited it was the last 2 weeks of September and the weather was gorgeous. We too visited Nessabur - it was really nice. Is that wacky English pub still at the end of the resort on the way to Nessabur?
We got back from SB on 11th October.

We were being told by all of the stall holders & bars that they would be closing on 15th Oct. Lots of places closed on the Sunday 9th and we lost some of our favourite cocktail bars :roll: (Probably for the best eh? :roll: )

I must admit, it was quite sad at times to see the boarded up shops and the bars emptied of the chairs and fittings :(

But there were lots and lots of bargains to be had, as the shops tried to empty their shelves :D

I still wonder now, if the dogs and cats that you see round about are ok?
Oh yep

I forgot to say - the weather was Fab! In two weeks we had one morning of a bit of drizzle and on the very last day (10th) we had an afternoon torrential downpour - The rest was warm, sunny and a little bit breezy 8)
hahah,yes for the dogs i don't know but today when i was sitting on a bench in Sunny Beach two cute cats came to me,they are fine:)the previous week i saw a horse eating the grass at the beginning of the resort where is the monument!hahah,rediculous but a fact!the resort is already empty,there is nothing open...:(i should accept that the end has come:(
Here is a link to some pictures of Sunny Beach in November, bit of a contrast to the summer season.
http://dreamville-bg.fotopic.net/c759737.html
Wow - Great pics :D

Really looks strange, being so deserted! Brings back good memories of my hols there only a month ago! (We left SB on 11th Oct)

Thanks for sharing :)
Just cannot open the photo pics I just get 14 jpgs on blue background but no pics at all!! Can anyone help me!! Thanks

Stuart
Hi,

Cant get in either.

Yours,
Brad
Hi, just tried all ok. Tonyt
Hi Tony brill site lets you remember what s/b used to look like,
Gee thanks pals for helping Brad and I see the pics!! Your real gentlemen

Stuart
I just clicked on the link and it worked, doesn't it look quiet? If it doesn't work your firewall must be stopping it.
nice and quiet by the kuban i see :lol:
great to see it again,sweet memories
A selection of winter photos, Look out for the penguins on the beach. Paul.
http://dreamville-bg.fotopic.net/p24003628.html
Hi all.
Looking into going to sunny beach this summer, 1st timer.
A few questions about the resort.
Whats the weather like in august , I like it hot and the wife loves a good tan.
Whats the sea like,is it clear/warm.
whats transfer time to airport.
There is quite a good choice of hotels/apartments alot half board,is this ok with fussy kids aged 9-13 as i dont know what the local foods like.
We like a quite bussy resort with lots to do, love shopping and going out as much as sitting around the pool.

thanks in advance forany help.
Steve
:D
Click on 'Resort Reports' above, and you'll soon find Sunny Beach. Likewise 'Hotel Reviews' and home in on the Sunny Beach Hotels, there are entries for the main ones.

Your specific questions -

I think you'll find it hot enough in August, take plenty of sun cream

Don't think you'll have anything to complain about in respect of the cleanliness of the sea and beach

Transfer time from Bourgas about 40 minutes depending in the order of drop off

Food in the hotels and restaurants is pretty much typical European holiday resort, if that's what you want.

You'll find it very busy in August with plenty on the stalls to buy, and also in nearby Bourgas

These are only very general answers, other contributors will have a more detailed knowledge of Sunny Beach

Peter
For weather click here.
Find the trip planner part and key in your holiday dates and this will give averages for every day you are there.
As Peter says, we have resort reports of Sunny Beach here
We have a topic about food here
Hi, As Peter says the weather in August will be quite hot( like Turkey ).
You will find the resort very busy, and expanding every time we go there. it is very clean and the beach area is excellent.
As for the food, you will find lots of variety, English,Chinese,Indian,Mexican,local and like everywhere else McDonalds.
No one will go hungary.
My one piece of advice, do not go below a 3* rating hotel. Get the best you can afford and you will not be disappointed.

8) The Toonman
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.