Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi,

I am travelling to Antalya on June 21st from Manchester with Thomas Cook flight number TCX 103K will this be using the Airbus A330-2/300? therefore will I have inflight entertainment?

Thanks!

Emma
We were really messed about by something chronic by TC on our recent flight to Sanford....It was the start of our honeymoon

Having had the original flight on the Tuesday cancelled, (meaning I had to work for 3 days after the wedding, instead of starting honeymoon) we were put onto the Thursday flight without any notice or even the courtesy of a phone call and had we not bothered to check our paperwork when it arrived we'd have been none the wiser....

Day before we were due to fly..The Aircraft was changed and we were told there was no premium cabin on the plane being used, I emphasised the hope that I wasn't going to be getting on the plane and seeing a handful of people seating in the better seats, to which I was assured NO !, I was also told that there would be no premium check in available, and we would not get so much as a drinks or headset voucher by way of an apology...I could not even book an extra leg room seat ...I would just have to turn up early and hope for the best

Arrived at check in approx 8.15 for an 11.30 flight (Premium check in, which we had been told would not be there) checked in and were told, plane delayed next advice is 11.45, we had pre booked the lounge so wnet to relax,

No sign of any delays were coming up on the flights board and having spoken to the lounge staff about 11am we decided to walk down to the gate to see what was happening, the plane was getting ready to board and had been changed again this time to include the premium seats but not the service etc etc, the crew just called people's names out alphabetically and allocated them the premium seats, my wife went to ask if there was any possibility of being able to get 2 seats due to the fact that it was our honeymoon, I am fairly tall and after all we had pre booked premium cabin in the first place, she was blatantly lied to and told that it had all gone, I went over to explain the situation to another member of staff and was given 6 seats to chose from in the premium cabin !! fair play to the gentleman who helped us out !

Finally when all people had boarded, we ended up being sat on the tarmac for 90 minutes whilst the cabin crew counted all the passengers umpteen times as they had let people on the plane without checking them onto it (Due to the aircraft change, everyones original ticket at check in was invalid) ! about 30 minutes before we took off a family of 5 came aboard saying that they had been tunred back at the depature gate saying the plane was now full, and they were 2nd in line to check in when the gate opened in the morning..after some people were moved about wer were able to squeeze them on although the 5 were split up at different ends of the plane....

I have to admit that in fairness the return to the UK was great,

Good luck to anyone travelling with them in the near future

Danny
emmabray88,

Welcome onboard :tup
It's only the narrow bodied aircraft (A320 & B757) that won't be showing IFE. The wide bodied aircraft (A330 & B767) will continue to show IFE. Further aircraft information is available on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darrem
Hey guys. It's four weeks before my departure to Paphos (on an A330) and now I can book my seats online. I'm just looking through the seating plan however and I cannot pick any of the "premium economy" seats which are highlighted in blue. Do I have to ring up to book these or are Thomas Cook not offering them? (I know it's just classed as extra legroom for the flight which no other advantages). Secondly according to the seating plan on the website, there are only 6 rear 2-3-2 seats, not 5 or 7 which are mentioned in the "What Aircraft Guide". Anybody know why?

Regards.
jayesh,

You can't choose the premium economy seating online as these are sold as extra legroom seats and need to be purchased seperately. You can't choose them online even if you've pre-booked them, you need to call Thomas Cook. There are slight variations to the seating plans. The ones we have linked on the What Aircraft? guide is the long haul aircraft where a row of seats in the rear cabin has been removed in order to increase seat pitch by 3". The higher density configured aircraft (354 seats, old long haul) used on short haul flights have that row replaced for the summer season.

Darren
Thank you Darren. One final question; do you know the exact price of the "premium economy" extra legroom seating?
jayesh,

You'll have to call Thomas Cook for pricing. As far as I know, it's the same as normal extra legroom seating so will be from £35.00 return per adult for a short haul flight, £60.00 for a mid haul and £80.00 for a long haul flight. Paphos is a mid haul flight.

Darren
Thanks Darren. I've tried three different numbers, and each time I've been redirected to another number. With the number I have now (0844 855 0515), it just keeps saying "We're experiencing a high volume of calls" and then I'm being cut off.

I'll keep trying, thanks again.
The problem is they only have 1-2 staff answering calls at the moment, keep trying, you could also try emailing if you booked your holiday online or visiting your travel agent.
Just got back on Sunday from the Dominican Republic on TCX062L aboard G-MLJL which is the first time ever seen the forward view cameras working throughout on a TC flight! Anyone know which aircraft worked the outbound flight on the 15th May?
Even though paid for Your Seat Your Choice in Premium (there was 5 in the party) we got split over 2 different rows on both the outbound and inbound flights!

We went to a Thomas Cook Travel Agents today to try and book again for next year, but the sales advisor informed us that TC Premium is to be abolished in 2011 following a team brief she had received. Can anyone confirm this, as neither the Travel Agent or the TC Website are displaying the option of premium for 2011?
Hi,

15th May was OY-VKF of TC Scandinavia, and yeh TC Premium is being removed from Summer 2011 to be replaced by extra leg room.
Thanks for the prompt reply. It's a shame they are getting rid of Premium as we've always used TC on Long Haul for the Premium Cabin benefits. The service we received from the Cabin Crew on the outward flight was excellent, and the inbound was exceptional!

Will the full aircraft benefit from extra leg room, or will it just be the previous premium section that will be sold as extra leg room seats next year?
All seats will benefit from 33" seat pitch, also worth considering Thomson Airways if you want that premium experience.
smoggy,

Welcome onboard :tup
In addition to BEfreeTODAY's posts, you may find useful information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
I've emailed Thomas Cook, and tried ringing my local travel agent, all to no avail. I'm starting to ponder as to whether booking with Thomas Cook was the right option; their customer service is shocking.
All you can do is keep trying some people find ringing just at 9:00am works as thats when the office opens.
Ok so I just managed to get through, only to be told I can't book the "premium economy" extra legroom seats 'at this moment in time', as they've all been taken. Eventhough there was no option to select these seats when making the booking.

Ahhh well, thanks anyway chaps.
Great, thank you. Now I just need to know the price. Check this: img697.imageshack.us/f/29016792.jpg. Exit seats are £36 each way which I think is a bit much. The extra legroom at the front of the plane will probably be twice that. TC wouldn't tell me the prices over the phone so I still don't know the exact price.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.