Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
The Sony PSP's are now available, there are 8 movies, some short tv programmes and games, supplied with headphones for £7.50 per person/per flight.
The screen on the PSP is tiny though! It was bad enough trying to enjoy a film on the 7" seat back TV.
The screen on the PSP is tiny though! It was bad enough trying to enjoy a film on the 7" seat back TV.

True but its much more personal than the overhead entertainment.

I also believe the headphones are then yours to keep.
Im not sure how much profit TC will make from the psp as most people now have a psp or an iphone or portable dvd player of their own with their own choice of movie. I load movies onto my iphone and woila. Apparently the iphone is meant to be turned off on Thomas cook but this isn't enforced if the phone is on airplane mode.
hey, i'm flying to hurghada from manchester on tuesday with TC, 9am flight out, cant find the flight number right now but the ticket booklet had the 2-4-2 seating layout on it. does anyone know if this is still the correct aircraft for that flight, as i believe that this aircraft will still have IFE?
Hi,

Yes it will be a B767-300 with the 2-4-2 seating, there should be IFE but i know there have been a few problems with the IFE on one of the B767's.
thanks for the swift reply, knowing my luck we will end up with the one with the IFE problems :cry
am assuming that if this is the case they will have sorted out the backup psp option for film watching etc?
I believe its fixed now and psp should be available.
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
jayesh wrote:
The extra legroom at the front of the plane will probably be twice that

Extra legroom seats are extra legroom seats. There isn't an extra premium for seats in the forward cabin.

Darren

The seats are varied in price at the airport, normally between £20 and £30. As the flight is booked fulll usually, you HAVE to try and make the seats attractive to sell, or you end up giving them away, not fair on the ones who have paid!
Hi

After my concerns last Friday about our outgoing flight from Glasgow Airport to Tenerife South (TCX985K) not showing on the Glasgow Airport website, I am delighted to see it on the 'departures' today, due to fly at 6.30pm. I am wondering if anyone knows which incoming flight will then be going to Tenerife. Looking at arrivals, I would guess either TCX519L from Tenerife or TCX165L from Dalaman, with the Dalaman one being the more likely. Hope someone can confirm this for me. We actually go 6 weeks today, counting the days now! :cheers

theyoungcrew
Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated. One final question, do you guys know the registrations of the A330's configured with 354 seats for short haul?

Thanks again.
Had a quick check on forum for this flight MAN - RHO (TCX461K) 30 june and found A321 listed. Not questioning info given in good faith, however needed to pre book seats and TC have offered seating plan in 2-4-2 layout, have they changed aircraft during season, also does that mean IFE will be available?
stanhoney,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-RHO-MAN (TCX461K/L) are operated by a Boeing 767-31K/ER (winglets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). As this is a wide bodied aircraft, IFE will be available.

Darren
Got our Thomas Cook holiday tickets today, wooooooooooo! 3 weeks on Monday, can't wait!!! :D
Hi can anyone tell me what sort of aircraft TCX48K 1st July MAN to PUJ returning 15 July TCX48L cheers :cheers
dinner-lady,

MAN-PUJ-MAN (TCX048K/L) are operated by an Airbus A330-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
thanks Dazbo, my daughters first longhaul without me .... :cry :cheers :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.