Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi ya Thank you for warm welcome an information I shall keep a look for the IFE, by the way what your take on the seats we have booked?

Cheryl :sun2 :)
Cheryl,

If you go back a page you will find a link to that I put on a posting about IFE for Nov.Dec.

Hope this helps.

Angie.
Hi All,

I am flying out on TOM092 from gatwick to cancun on 12/11/09 and am wondering if I will be on a Thomson Airways flight or an ex first choice flight. (and whether first choice or thomson would be the better option) I flew premium with first choice previously in 2006 and I was extremely disappointed with the service and the cabin that was provided.

We are also flying in the bulkhead rows in premium and I am not sure if this is meant to be a good thing or a bad thing. Can anyone share any experiences?

Can anyone help?!

Thanks,
Adrian
Your on TOM092 3 weeks before me and its an Ex First Choice aircraft.

Gavin
Gav678 wrote:
Your on TOM092 3 weeks before me and its an Ex First Choice aircraft.

Gavin

Thanks very much Gavin. Ive chosen bulk head seats in premium but not sure ive made the right decision. Have the planes been resprayed/re designed on the outside and inside yet do you know? One major fail when I last went with them was the tray that lifted out of the arm rest!
phoenix2k,

Planes have not changed or been resprayed/redesigned on the outside or inside. And trays are still the same they lift out of arm rest.
phoenix2k,

Welcome onboard :tup
The aircraft haven't changed since the merger and are unlikely to since they are being replaced when the Boeing 787 is eventually put in to production after all it's problems. You'll find further aircraft information on our What aircraft? guide.

Darren
chez1230 wrote:
by the way what your take on the seats we have booked?

Seating is always personal preference, but the seats you've booked are fine and I'm sure you'll have pleasant flights.

Darren
Hello, can anyone tell me if it will be an ex First Choice or Thomson aircraft on flight TOM136 from Manchester to Punta Cana on 25 November, returning the following week on TOM137. Is it too early to know where the aircraft is flying in from so we can check for delays?

Thanks very much
Jayne
Has anyone any idea whether bulkhead C and D in premium first choice aircraft are any good? I have had these booked but I am not sure whether to cancel and choose normal premier seat. :-)
phoenix2k,

Seating is personal preference. The bulkhead seats are fine but those with long legs may find the bulkhead gets in the way as you can't put your feet under the seat in front like the rows behind. They offer plenty of room though and I'm sure you'll have a comortable flight.

Darren
Jayneheppy,

It'll probably be a former Thomsonfly aircraft. I'll be able to confirm it for you tomorrow.

Darren
not sure if this is in the right place
went to Tunisia 25/10 returning on the 01/11 flew on a thomson plane going over , coming back was a first choice plane much bigger aircraft, talking to the stewards and they said that they flew over from Bristol on a empty plane and that if passengers had known we could have departed at least an hour earlier than we did , as they were just waiting around , does this happen often , false economy to fly an empty flight i would have thought . also thinking it could have been the last flight to Bristol because of the season .
Llindy,

It does happen at the start and end of the holiday seasons where a flight has to position (no passengers) as it's either the first flight out so no returning passengers, or the last one of the season so no outbound passengers. Airlines will try and minimise positioning flights as they cost money, although they'll often have cargo on them as well so aren't totally empty.

Llindy wrote:
went to Tunisia 25/10 returning on the 01/11 flew on a thomson plane going over, coming back was a first choice plane much bigger aircraft
Were you on the TOM394/5 (Bristol-Monastir)? You outbound flight was operated by G-BYAD and inbound by G-OOBC, both Boeing 757-200.

Darren
thanks Darren , thought it might have been something like that , and yes it was flight tom394/5 . Now Monastir airport thats another story ......... a nightmare more like .
Just wondering how we can find out what sort of aircraft and whether it is ex First Choice or not we should expect on our flights to and from Sharm el Sheikh SSH from Manchester later this month - details are TOM 818 departs at 10.30 am from Manchester on 26.11.09 and the return leaves Sharm on 3.12.09 at 19.05 and is TOM 819. Will the plane have overhead CRT or not and what is the seating format please ? :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.