Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Well Bawbee, only a few days to go now for us.

Still looks settled for the next few days at least, we get there Sunday night.

The long range forecasts seem to indicate a poss breakdown in about a weeks time, but I suppose beyond then is pretty much impossible to predict.

Playa Blanca is possibly the most sheltered/sunny part of the island I believe, so at least we are giving ourselves the best chance possible!
Yes too early to predict 8/9 days ahead.

For the moment :sun :sun :sun
Hiya Bawbee once again!!
Still looking fairly sunny for at least first few days next week (we arrive on Sat morning) so what are these winds doing then? I believe they have to come from the East - is that right to bring the warm sunny weather in? Think thats what you said before but I can never remember!! :duh ;)

Jan
You could check:

Lanzarote weatherlink. It's a Davis weather station someone (not me) has setup at La Concha beach. It's accurate for temperature / wind / baro etc as I have checked it against the airport metar data. Not a huge ammount of info but a reliable high & low for the day.

It's more weather information than a 'ditto' comment!

If you want to see for yourself there's beachbar-lanzarote.com/de/webcam. A couple of fairly new webcams setup in C.T.
Hi Jan

Winds will stay NE for some days to come, so plenty of sun, although it could get a bit windy next week.

As for today, another ditto, which if you check back means another sunny day. Not too sure what I can add to that Siftersam - maybe the sky was blue, the sun rose in the east and set in the west, it was round and gave off heat, it's diameter is about 870,000 miles wide, it's the closest star to the earth, it was formed over four and a half billion years ago, if you stayed out in it too long it burned you, it was about 93 million miles away, it's surface was 10,000F etc ;)
Guess what! Another wonderful day, courtesy of our friendly golden ball. And with lighter winds, feeling very warm. :hot
More warm and sunny weather.

All change later on in the the week though. :(
Winds increasing again so cooler, but still sunny apart from northfacing coasts. :sun2
Very windy so feeling very cool in exposed areas. Plenty of sun again away from the north and northwest. 23C. :cheers
The wind dying down but still a lot of cloud, although some sun especially later. Still cool.

Weather patterns now reversed, so high pressure over northern Europe with low pressure to the southwest making it unsettled for some time to come. :cry
Much brighter with sun for many, although cloud building in some places. Still cool 20/21C. :think
Heavy showers early on but most of the day dry with a mix of sun and cloud, best sun in the south and west. 21C. :( :)
Any showers clearing again to give sun and cloud. Light winds so warm in the sun.

The low pressure to the north and its associated weather getting closer now, so more in the way of showers to come. :(
1 or 2 showers overnight, but staying just to the north in the daytime, with a mix of sun and cloud, best sun in the southwest. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.