Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi all

Though I would join in ! I am also using Karen at lindos weddings.

My wedding is on the 27 Aug (yes it will be about a milliom degrees!)
We have 50 people booked so far staying at the Pefki island resort.

I cant wait to meet Karen and arrange the reception, I think it will be about 70 people in total .

Has anyone had a reception that size?

Thank you !

Julie
Hi Ian and Jenni

Got back about 2 weeks ago and our wedding at St pauls was wonderful (although rather hot) tho the ceremony is over in about 5 mins!!! But wouldn't have changed it for anything.

We held our reception for 20 people at The Acropolis Roof Garden taverna and it was excellent, food, service etc couldn't fault it and for 390 euros inc starters main, 6 bottles of wine and enough Sparkly for everyone it was a bargain as well. We ate on the roof overlooked by the acropolis and overlooking the bay, the view at night was beautiful. i was recommended this restaurant from a friend of a friend (had her reception and her daughters there)and I'm now passing this on.

1 downside to the 2 weeks......... Don't stay at the Montemar beach Resort in Lardos- what a disapointment, too much to moan about so I wont start.

But a great day had by all and will be remembered for ever.

Bev and Nick
Bev and Nick

Do you have a website or email for The Acropolis Restaurant. Or does anyone have details of a good restauant that they have used.

We have got in touch with the Kalypo Captain House but havent heard any reviews about it yet!

Ta

Lisa and Alan
Hi Lisa

Found the website for you http://www.hellas-guide.com/rhodes/acropolis-taverna/

We visited Symposio a few weeks ago as recommended by Marcuschap, we had a lovely evening out. Take a look on the tour here http://www.symposiorestaurantlindos.gr/ .

I`m sure you will have a great time wherever you decide on and congrats to you both.

Don 8)
Hi
Lisa
We had a Bar be que in the Lindian house after our wedding

http://www.thelindianway.com/lindian_house_bar.html

Dee and Nico were fantastic as was the food the place and the staff
I would highly recommend to anyone

If you want any more info be glad to help
Paul
Hi Everyone,

Just been reading all your notes about weddings in Lindos. Me and my husband got married at St Paul's Bay in May this year. The day was absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of getting married abroad.

Anyone thinking of getting married out here should really think about using a company to make all the arrangements, as this way everything is taken of, including all the legal side. We used a company called Exquisite, which are based in Lindos. Charlotte from Exquisite was excellent, she was very professional and everything was perfectly planned for our day. We really couldn't have done it without her and felt comfortable from the minute we booked that everything was being taken care of, which meant no stress for us!

We had 92 people come out to our wedding, so anyone who has been to Lindos can appreciate how hard it must have been to find a venue large enough to hold that many people. However, Charlotte picked the most amazing restaurant down on the main beach (Nefeli's), which we had exclusively for the whole night. Exquisite had decorated the restaurant beautifully and someone from the team were at the restaurant to make sure everything went to plan. Anyone thinking of getting married out there should definitely consider contacting Charlotte at Exquisite, they really did help us have a wedding day to remember!

Hayley
Hi

Sounds lovely ! 92 people !

i have sent you a private messgae with my e mail would you have a look ..

thank you !

all these messages are very helpful I really cant wait now for he big day.

Has anyone used Ceasers or had the beach bar b q for the reception?

thanks julie
Hi Julie

I couldn't see anything in my private messages?

Thanks
Hayley
Hi Hayley

Sorry I have just tried again it did not go through I am new to all this !

I wanted to ask you a few things but did not want to post my e mail on here

Thank you !

Julie
Hi there. I've booked Karen at Lindos Weddings and am getting married on 6 Sept 07 at the Lindos Memories Hotel. I've got my meeting with Karen on 8 Dec to go over the arrangements and am sooooo excited. I haven't even started looking at dresses!! So this is where you all come in. I need HELP in finding a dresss. I don't want a traditional wedding dress, more on the lines of a bridesmaid, cocktail, evening dress type thing-something floaty, not floor length. Anyone got any ideas???? :D :o
Have you looked in Monsoon?--------or try the Hitched website, the girls on there are experts!!!
Hi Jo jo

I am getting married on the 29 Aug 07 meeting Karen on the 19 nov
we might be there at the same time.

I am staying in pefkos but have booked 2 suites at the memories for myself and the bridesmaids to get ready so if you are there on the 29th come say hi ! you will not miss me I have 6 bridesmaids.

I got my dress last month it is a proper wedding dress but very light weight. Have you looked at a company called watters? they have some lovely bridesmaid dresses and they all come in lots of colours I tried some on myself -

they also have a beautiful dress in the bridal collection (i tried that on too!) style number 5037b

Also a company called Alfred Angelo do a range called destinations.

let me know how you get on

julie
Thanks Anne and Julie I have looked at Monsoon and they are on my list to try again cos I did see some nice things. The ones you listed Julie I've not tried so I'm going to start this weekend! One of my friends suggested getting one made so if I don't find anything I might just do that!

Julie you've got the same number of bridesmaids as I've got coming out for my wedding!! Its both of our second marriage and we only wanted a small do so thats what I've got!! Unfortunatley we won't bump into each other cos we fly out on your wedding day so you'll be a married lady by then! :D

Anyway I'll let you know how the dress plans go I might even wait until after xmas yet before I buy depends what catches my eye...
Hi

I have looking for a light dress also. Julie I looked up the Watters website, is it American? I aslo found House of Brides which looked good but it was in dollars!! :?
Hi

The waters people are based in the USA I think but they have shops that stock them England
I went looked up the stock list and they have a few in my area I went to a shop in Tunbridge Wells and tried their dresses on.

Their dresses are great prices too.

I got my dress from the wedding oulet in Kent http://www.theweddingoutlet.net

I am meeting with Karen in 2 weeks cant wait !

Julie
Hi all

Just placed this 'wedding report' as well on Tripadvisor.. thought I place it here as well as you all helped me out when I was planning my wedding

It is about ime, I know.. but I really had a hard time being back here and having to go back to work etc. But hey.. that is life!

sorry if this is going to be a long read...

Our Wedding Day in Lindos was on the 26th of October 2006.We actually stayed from the 14th - 28th)

In the months before our holiday we planned most of the wedding day already and used Exquisite Lindos to help us coordinating the day and looking after the legal stuff. In the first week of our holiday we met up with Charlotte. She has het office next to the Post Office just on your right before the Donkey Station. We went trought the timings of the day and finalised some of the detail. She also told us then that we were the last couple of the season to get married in Lindos!

We also met Suzanne at the Atrium Palace. We wanted to have our Reception at the Atrium Palace and Suzanne is the wedding coordinator in this fab 5* hotel just up the road in Kalathos.

First our wedding would be at 4.30 PM. This because we really wanted to have a boat trip afterwards to bring us to the Atrium. As boats are not allowed to stop in the bay anymore until after 18:00 we then planned to have some drinks at the taverna on the beach to kill time (I really did not want the wedding to be any later as I wanted sunny pictures.. this was my biggest worry when still in England... now I know that there was no need to worry!)

When we met up with Charlotte she already said that because it was the end of the season it would not be an issue for boats to enter the bay before 18:00. Great! because now we could bring the time forward to 15:00. The biggest worry now was the weather.. In our first week there we had one day of almost constant rain and a night of heavy storm. It did not spoil our holiday at all as when stopped it cleared up straight away. We were just at the time not sure if it would be fine on the 26th. And even if the sun was out... If the sea would have been to choppy still.. we had to forget the boat trip and have a plan B.
We were lucky though (again) as the weather got better and better and the sea stayed calm!

We had friends/family staying all over the Island and have done a lot of driving around. It was great! Especially as I normally do not see my family a lot (they live in Holland).

When we arrived in Rhodes we booked one of the 'Superior Villa's' at the Atrium Palace for the night before and after the wedding. We got a huge discount. I can really recommend these Villa's (Private Pool, FOC Room Service, Free access to the Spa etc). We also booked a room for my parents for one night (also with massive discount - due to it being end of season) as they stayed in Rhodes Town.

The night before our wedding Mark stayed at the studio we booked for the two weeks we were there (Anastasis Studios - have created a review on these). I stayed with a friend in our villa at the Atrium.

Mark met up in the morning with some friends to have a nice breakfast at our usual breakfast place 'Yannis'. They then went of to the beach where they chilled until about 2PM when he had to collect the buttonholes for him and his best man. They were delivered at Lindos Reception.

Almost all the women of our party (including myself) had appointments booked that morning at the Spa in the Atrium Palace and we all had our hair and nails done. I also had my make-up done there. They did a fab job!

Charlotte delivered my bouquet and other buttonholes at 2.15 PM at the Villa. By then I was nearly ready and getting nervous... hehe..
At 2.30 all the guests that by then had arrived at the Atrium were picked up by taxi's that we arranged via Charlotte (Exquisite Lindos).

When they arrived at the chapel they were handed bottles of water, which was really appreciated by all as even though it was the end of October it was still quite warm.

At 2.45 me and my dad were picked up by a taxi and when we arrived at the St Pauls Bay an accordionist accompanied us down hill towards the chapel. It was so nice!

When we were almost near the entrance I got a bit emotional, but kept myself together. hehe. Mark was waiting with the best man with there back towards me.

We had written our own vows on a card and started reading these to eachother after being prompted by the registrar. Then the registrar did his bit in Greek & English.. about our duties towards eachother and future family (but to be honest I can't remember the detail). He then asked us 'Mr Mark.. do you want to take Miss Herma as your wife' and the other way around.. and we answered.. exchaned the rings.. He then congratulated us and left on his scooter;-)) Then my brothers did a reading we asked them to do.

We had all the time in the world to have loads of photo's taken as we were the only couple that day and the last one of the season!

Then we walked in the direction of the beach where a huge boat was waiting for us. We booked a glass bottom boat. But apparantly they were all out of the water that day and Charlotte arranged this one to come all the way from Faliraki. It was so good! We all had two or more glasses of Bucks Fizz on the one hour boat trip.

Everybody absolutely loved it!

When we arrived at the beach in Kalathos where the Atrium Palace is we walked down the beach straight into the 'Asterius Restaurant' of the hotel where they welcomed us outside with more champagne and the wedding cake arranged by Charlotte.

After that we started our meal. We booked restaurant inside as we did not want to take any risks with the weather (some nights it could be quite windy) The table was decorated exactly as we wanted it. We took lots of bits and bobs with us ourselves. (favours, balloons, menu's, place cards etc) and handed everything over to the coordinator of the hotel. She did a perfect job.

During the meal we had great speeches and a very funny song made up by my brothers.

After the meal we went to the bar area of the hotel to have some drinks and just chill. We did not hire any entertainment and unfortunately the hotel has a 'entertainment free' night every Thursday.. but we knew this and were fine with it. The day was just as we wanted!

I can really recommend the services of the Atrium as well as Exquisite Lindos. Both went really out of their way to make our day perfect!

The following day we went with both sets of parents back to Lindos to the Town Hall to sign the register. Had a coffee at 'Yannis' and then my parents went back to Rhodes Town, Mark's parents to the Atrium and we went on to spent the day together!

It was a fab holiday! and our Wedding Day was just perfect!

I already have some photo's online, but there are more to follow:

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/4312256

Sorry for the long read... but I know that when I was doing my research to plan our wedding I loved to read reports like this, as they helped me such a lot! Hope this was usefull for you as well!

xx

Mrs H.
wow !! sounds fantastic

I love reports like this ! it really helps with the planning

I have had my meeting with Karen at Lindos Weddings and booked my venue and all the extras.

I am very excited now !

Julie
Hewy, its so good to read your report cos it is other peoples reports that give the rest of us our ideas :lol: .

Like you julieb I've booked Karen at Lindos Weddings and I've got my meeting on 8 Dec. I've got loads of ideas and stuff but when I speak to Karen I'm sure some of that will change!
That sounds really great!!! I loved reading that :D I was thinking of getting the boat with my dad and bridesmaids to St Pauls but the accordionist sounds lovely aswell, I am not sure now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.