Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
lindos lass

I thought that was strange too! I looked at the link she posted and it is a new wedding company.

I Suspect there may be some self advertising going on there. Which is sad really as the reason we use these kind of forums is to get unbias opinions.

They should not really be used for people to advertise their business.

As I said only a suspision so if I am wrong I apoplogise..

Julie
Julie I was thinking the exact same thing! :(
Hi,

I thought that to but didn't like to make a fuss. It doesn't set any questions or even answer any. Are you allowed to post adverts on here? I heard this summer that there were a couple of other peolple starting wedding businesses in Lindos, and there is at least one other shop already open. I remember when I first came to Rhodes there were no companies doing this, now it looks as though they are all doing it.
The post above it is a bit strange also, the lady who made it has been straight onto another site saying how good another company is and even though I worked in Lindos for 5 years until this year, I've never heard of them. But like I say, new companies are opening all the time(just in case I'm wrong, sorry)
Hi to everyone

Well what can I say! We had our meeting with Karen from lindosweddings yesterday and wow she is brilliant. I have every faith in her and she most definatley knows her stuff. Anybody out there considering getting married I would most definatley recommed Karen and Laurence at lindos weddings. She is a lovely genuine person and makes you feel so at ease you come away knowing everything will be brilliant.

I only have 6 people coming to my wedding and I am getting married on the beach at Lindos Memories Hotel. I am having balloons and petals as decorations, we are going to say some of our own vows, then we're having bubbly on the terrace and moving down the terrace for our wedding breakfast. I can picture everything in my mind and it is just what I wanted. Still haven't got my dress yet though so after xmas I'll be full steam ahead!
Hi Jo jo

sounds fantastic!

The Lindos Memories is a great hotel.

Let us know when you get your dress

Julie
Hi Julie

Think I may have found my dream dress its by Emma Somerset who designs for French Dressing. As I don't want a traditional dress this is just perfect for a beach wedding - only thing was I didn't try it on cos I'd spent about 5 hours christmas shopping and was ready to drop. Anyway going back next weekend so fingers crossed.

Will let you know....
Hi Jo jo

Just looked at the website , they look amzaing. what colour is it ?

mine is called Coco by charlote balbier http://www.charlottebalbier.com
I might not fit in to it if i keep eating this much over Xmas!!

keep us updated

Julie
Hi Julie

The one I like isn't on the website yet as its for spring summer 2007. Its pink and lilac chiffon really floaty and girly. Just hope it looks ok. Think I better count the mice pies over christmas too!

Just had a look at your dress its really beautiful I haven't seen this website before so I might just have a good look through.
Hi

Just to let you all know if you go on to the friends of pefkos webiste and look at the phots link there is tons of wedding pics!

http://groups.msn.com/FriendsofPefkosRhodes

Julie
I'm so excited got my dress today. It is absolutley amazingly beautiful - well I think so. :D :D :D . Its pastel pink and lilac on chiffon in a flower pattern that kind of merges into each other very delicate. Cinderella hem and tiny sequins which just catch the light. I also picked up my wedding ring up today too - Wow what a day!!!!!!!!! Just had to tell you all I'm so giddy.
Wow Jo Jo. No wonder you're excited. Your dress sounds gorgeous.
WOW

its sounds fantastic where did you get it ??

DO you have a photo?
Julie
Its from French Dressing designed by Emma Somerset. I haven't a picture yet and its been altered slightly so when I get it after the new year I'll post a photo of it but it might be on the website after christmas as its a spring/summer 07 dress.
Happy New year everyone !!

now the festive season is out of the way the weddings will come round in a flash!

Who is first on this forum ? have we got anyone in May ?
Is everyone getting giddy yet - I am!!! :)

Don't know where to start need bridesmaids dresses, shoes, sort paperwork out, book extra baggage, get confetti and all sorts and theres only 8 of us.

I've got a photo of my dress now but it hasn't come out very well so it doesn't look quite so wow as I'd hoped.

So anyway who's all organised and waiting to go or whos like me and doesn't know where to start? :?
Hi everyone,

Im new to this forum and have spent ages reading through these threads for weddings in Rhodes, which has been really useful. Thanks :D

I am really keen on getting married there next year, however, our children will only be 3 and 2 years old.
Im wondering if it will be an ideal place for young children (there will be lots more in the party!)

Does anyone have any experience of weddings with young children in Rhodes? Would you recommend it?

Z
Hi Welcome to the forum!

I have 7 kids coming to my wedding .. i would recommend staying in Pefkos as the hotels and apartments are more child friendly and it is only 5 mins in a taxi from Lindos.

We are stying at the pefki island and they have lots of facilities for children.

Jo Jo - I am not organised ! i am trying to do one every 2 weeks. as i have so much stuff I am trying to get it all DHL to Karen so I dont have to carry it all with me..

Juile x
Hello everyone

Getting married 23/7/7 at St Pauls Bay! Wondering if anyone can recommend any tavernas (beach ones would be good) for a reception of 20-25 people? We are going there in May to have a look at some but would be handy to have a list!

Still have no dress and am starting to panic!!

Any help would be good :D

Claire
Hi

I'm new to this site, great to hear lots of success stories of weddings in Greece. We are getting married at The Atrium Palace on 07/09/07 - really excited - have my dress but theres still a fair bit to sort out.

We are hoping to do everything at The Atrium Palace to keep it simple - getting married, reception, disco etc

We've never been here before - has anybody else experienced the whole package at The Atrium or had a reception there? Any pics or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also if there are any pictures that I could have a look at - for me to get even more excited! - that would be fab.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.