Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
hi maegi, Yes her number would be great thanks for that it would be really helpful to organise before i go. :lol:
Ok. Here the details:

Her name is justine and her mobile number is: +30 6947326218. Her home number is: +30 22410 85819

And - in case you and your bridesmaid want a facial or manicure or pedicure or what ever, Justines friend Carol has a shop called Pinkies and both shops are at the same road. Carol is English too and does a very good job. Her phone number +30 22410 85691 or mobile +30 6946358171

They also have very good prices.

Tell them you got the numbers from me

Good luck!
thanks a lot for that it will really help me out :lol:
Yes Julie i am the same Helen that is on the Friends of Pefkos site, i joined this one first then found the Friends of Pefkos. I found the friends of Pefkos better
Helen
Hi,
My partner and I got engaed recently and want to get married in Rhodes. We were initially going to use First choice, however, we are now considering using a local wedding planner for the more personal touch.

We would like to get married at St Pauls in Lindos, though neither of us have been to greece before.

Has anyone else married there? Can you recommend a wedding planner? or reception venue?

Any recommendations would be greatly recieved.
Cheers
if you take the time to read through this subject you will find several recommendations, and ideas

wizard
There is so much info on this thread, and some of which is a few years old now, was just wandering if anyone had got marreid more recently, and had any reccommendations?

I am glad we have chosen not to book our wedding with a large tour operator, as the discussions had on here definately seem to point towards local wedding planners.

There will only be about 10 people coming with us, but that includes children and a father-in-law to be with poor mobility.

We are torn at the moment between getting married in June or sept 08. Is there much difference in temperature etc?
Hi

We have just got back from a fantastic two weeks in lindos. We got married at st Pauls bay on the 9th of June at 6:30 pm and it was truley amazing I can't begin to tell you how romantic it was. Anyone who gets married there will have a great time. Our wedding was booked through Airtours weddings and was just what we wanted. I had already arranged a reception venue over the internet at the lindian house bar as there were 58 of us in total. We got our date for the wedding about 3 months before we went but didn't know what time the wedding would be untill we got to resort and had a meeting with the wedding planner, Effie. This didn't bother us as we already knew they only do weddings in the evening because of the heat. We stayed at the Lindos View apartments and they were fantastic with fab views of the acropolis.
When we arrived we got a letter from Effie saying we had a meeting with her the next day to discuss the time of the wedding and any extras we might want. At the meeting she gave us our wedding time of 6:30 and I choose my flowers ( which were beautiful) cake and buttonholes. I didn't need anything else as I took everything else with me ie hairdresser, photographer and beautician :lol: We could have choose lots of other extras such as a boat to take us there, a muscian, reception options etc but we had already organised a reception and didn't want anything else, but it's all down to personal choice you can have as little or as much as you like out there. We did see a couple of other wedding that had wedding planners from lindos arranging them and everyone was lovely so whoever you are booked with it will certainly be a day to remember.
We had our reception at the Lindian House Bar which i booked through e-mail with the owner Dee who is just a fantastic host. I took some decorations with me but I didn't have to as she could have organised everything from there. We had a champagne reception when we arrived from the chapel which lasted about an hour which gave us lots of time to chat to all the guests, then we went up on to the roof terrace and had a BBQ which was great, the food was delicious and there was lots of it! The tables were decorated lovely and the view of the acropolis and the ampitheatre were stunning. After we had finished eating we went back downstairs to dance the night away in the air conditioned bar. We didn't choose to have any speaches or cake cutting but all this can be done if thats what you want. We made our way back to the apartments around 2:30am. We had to walk through lindos to get to the taxi but even that was great as everyone was coming out of the bars and congratulating us and clapping. It truley was a magical day and I spent all of our honeymoon saying I want to do it all again :D I still do! All our guests went home after the first week so we had some time on our own. We hired a car and went all over the Island it is beautiful. The only down side is that on our wedding day there was a Think Floyd concert at St Pauls bay ( A UK tribute band to Pink Floyd ) and they were practising when we were walking down and during our ceremony I didn't notice it too much on the day, must have been the excitment but everyone was mentioning it and on the wedding video that's all you can hear most of the time. If you are planning to get married next year make sure that they are not going to be there as I believe it is an annual event. I must stress that it in no way spoiled my day nothing could have. Good luck to anyone getting married you will have a fab time xx
Hello minimin

The temperatures for June and September are virtually the same. I think the sun might set slightly earlier in September than it does in June. Either time of year are a wonderful time to visit Rhodes
hi all thought i would drop in amd say hello, me and my partner are getting married at the lindian village hotel as thats where we are staying next may but havent realy been given much help from tomas cook on aranging it all. at the moment all we know is we fly out on the 24th and thats about it realy, can anyone help?
if you look back through the early pages of this thread you will find a couple of recomendations for wedding organisers
Hello

Lindos Weddings come highly recommended. If you google them you will find their web address. Karen and Laurence will meet up with you in the UK in the winter months and then they go over to Rhodes in April for the summer. They have extremely good links with the locals and have organised more weddings than all the other companies alone this year. If you speak to them please let them know that Sarah from Villa Aegean View has recommended them.

Thanks
thankyou guys i shall call them on tuesday ill keep you all posted xx
hi helen, i hope you dont mind me asking but i was curious about which restaurant you eventually decided upon for your wedding reception? and.....being as nosey as i am...how did your big day go at st pauls bay?..i am getting married there in august 2008 and have read so many write ups on st pauls bay...mostly fantastic...just a few baddies!!! we have considered nostalgia restaurant..but still not sure. it would be great if you could offer any suggestions about where to eat!! thankyou. miss p :wave
Hi miss p just thought i would reply on behalf of my daughter Helen. She got married in St Pauls bay on July 5 at 4.oo the wedding was perfect and everything went to plan, it was really hot on the day 42 degrees. There were 19 of us there and we wouldn't have missed it for anything. The taxis arrived on time the flowers were perfect and the cake was deliverd to Hellas resturant whichshe picked for the reception. We had eaten at the Hellas before she decided to hold the reception there as she wanted to see what the food and service was like. Everything about the reception was great the owner and the staff were fantastic,she couldn't have asked for a better day from start to finish. After the reception we made her walk back to the Lindia Thalassa in her wedding dress, poeple were congratulating her and clapping as we walked back through pefkos. I will tell her to look at this sight so she can send a reply too. Have a lovely wedding. Sandra
hi
i'm hoping to get married in lindos next summer but am having problems finding a villa - or two/three villas near to each other to rent for a week.

there are 6 adults and 5 children and ideally we would like a 5 or 6 bed villa with a pool either in lindos or pefkos.

anyone got any suggestions/ links/ villas you have used? - i cant book the wedding til i know we can get accommodation!

thanks, daisy
Hello Daisy

I have sent you a PM, not sure if you have received it or not
we wanted to book villas to keep everyone together but was told that they dont have villas in rhodes so most of our guests are in one hotel while were in another hopefully the hotels arent to far apart as i cant seem to find a resort map of the island
Hi
There are definately private villas on Rhodes that are rented out to holidaymakers. There have been some around for several years but lots more have been/are being built as I write. If only we'd known about them when we married there in 2005, instead we where scattered around Lindos as everyone was working to vastly different budgets.
Wendles
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.