Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi I picked my dress today :D my date is the 21/09/07 so thats another think off my mind! My invitations are ordered and hopefully will be here soon, my mum wants them out early to give people the details! Just the paperwork now :roll:
Hi, I wondered if anyone who had been married in Rhodes could tell me what shoes they wore. I've heard that heels are impossible! Im getting married at St Pauls Bay. Thanks
not impossible.. depends what you are used to.. the way down is paved properly but steep

I only had to go down hill, afterwards we were picked up by a boat.
Hi Katz100
I took a pair of flats with me, white fip flops, there is no way i could have walked down the hill in the heels i was wearing, but i am one of them clumsy people that can fall over nothing :lol: I know i would have taken a tumble i had i tried it in my heels lol. Once at the bottom i left the flip flops there and slipped my shoes back on.
Hi Marcuschap,

Hope you don't mind me asking for more information but do you recommend booking a couple of nights away from Lindos?. I was thinking of booking a night in Rhodes Town and a night in Falaraki or will there be enough to do and see in Lindos for 14 days?.

Any help greatly appreciated

Tommy
No problem!

Well Lindos is a very chilled out resort and once you've seen the Acropolis, checked out the church, the bays and the shops there's not really alot else to see. Plenty of restaurants and bars to keep the 2 weeks occupied if your holidays are like mine and in the main consist of sunbathing, eating and drinking.

I'd say hiring a car for maybe 3 days is the best way to go. There's alot to see on the island and a car is the easiest way to check out what you want to at your own pace. If you fancy a night in Rhodes Town you could book a hotel for the night, i've done that before rather than get a taxi. Alexia Hotel is fairly cheap but clean, friendly and in a great location (v close to the beach and nightlife).

I wouldn't book a night in Faliraki as you're then stuck there for the evening and May can be very quiet. If i go i normally get the last bus from Lindos (around 6pm), go for dinner, out for drinks and then get a taxi back when i'm ready.

http://www.alexia-hotel.com
Hiah everyone :D

Does anyone know of any companies offering good but reasonable wedding insurance and or holiday insurance. I've always gone with the post office before but I'm thinking I should be shopping around a bit this time :?
jo jo please see the insurance thread in the general enquiries forum

thanks

wizard
Hi Marcuschap,

Many thanks for the advice!!. I couldn't book the hotel that you mentioned but managed to get another (Hotel International) for Rhodes Town. I may just book a night in Faliraki as there is a studio going for £16 for the two of us at Strevos Apartments so for that price even if we don't end up staying then it's cheap enough!!.

Many thanks for the information, greatly appreciated

Tommy
Hello there everyone
Well this is my first time on this site,
There is 14 of us flying out to Rhodes on the 27th of june o7 as me and my partner are getting married at st pauls bay. We are staying in Pefkos and just wanted to know if anyone knows of anywhere nice that we could go for a meal after the wedding. It will be our first time to Pefkos and carnt wait (just 9 week on wednesday) Helenx
Congrats on your forthcoming marriage.

The Coliseum in Pefkos is worth looking at, food fabulous, service is excellent, the the setting lovely for a wedding.

You would need to book in advance for a large group

the phone number is +30 22440 48080

Paul the owner is an excellent host.
Hi Fermat62
Thank you very much for your reply, do you have an e-mail address for this place?
I take it that you have been to this place before then?
What kind of food do they do?
Sory for all the questions :?
Helenx
Thank you for that Wizard :)
Hi everyone

Not much been happening here recently has there!!! Whos getting married in May then - are you all sorted out or just a bag of nerves :? Its 19 weeks to my big day I'm pretty much sorted really or at least I think I am :) Has anyone walked from Lindos Memories Hotel to Lindos reception??? how long does it take. I know its easier to get a taxi but I have to walk of my gyros and alchohol intake at some point :D
Hi Helen

The restaurant has an extensive menu ranging from pasta dishes, fish dishes (the salmon is fab), steaks, chicken dishes, traditional greek dishes, and simple dishes like "fish and chips" . The desserts are homemade ( the banoffi pie is to die for ! ) Overall there is plenty to choose from to suit most tastes. Have eaten there many times and have always really enjoyed it.

Hope this helps.
Hello Jojo

mine is in August but still very excited..
are you having your reception at Lindos memories ?

I have booked a suite there for me and the bridesmaids to get ready on the day.

you must be really excited now 19 weeks will fly by
you must send me some photos when you get back
Hi Everyone
Nine week today and we will be there, getting really excited now. Just about got everything sorted, dress should be here in a couple of week. :D

Anyone else getting married at the begining of July :?:

Helenx
Hi Fermat62
Thank you for your reply, my mouth was watering just reading that. I love greek food ( thats one of the reasons we keep going back to greece)
We will have to try it when we get there.
Thanks Helenx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.