Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
That sounds really good! We have about 35 people coming and I was worried cause St Pauls only holds 25-30.
35 is a good number just right, I am worried about not being able to spenf time with everyone .

Karen said the numbers will not be a problem at the Chapel they have had bigger weddings than mine there so you will be fine
I am flying with Thomson to Lindos.

I asked about extra baggage and they said I had to book the wedding package via them to get extra baggage allowance (i have not)

Does anyone know if this is correct ?

Thanks

Julie
We flew to our wedding with Thomson but booked the weddign with Lindos Weddings. They said I could put my dress only in a separate case and that woudl be carried free of charge but if there was anything else in it, itn would be classed as excess baggage. In the end, I paid for extra baggage allowance anyeay - prebooked it for about £50. It was great when we met Karen and our wedding was perfect. Hope you have a wonderful time xx
Thank you ! I think I will just pay also

Did you have to book before and was it very expensive.
I just want to take an extra case (just a small one) with favours and decorations in.

Thanks Julie
I booked it in advance, it was (I think!) £50 for an extra 10 kilos each way. I got my favours out in Rhodes but took the giftbags with me. I got mini ouzos, those blue glass eye things they have out there for good luck, a bookmark with a pic of st pauls on it, a Rhodes shot glass and plus a bottle opener for the men and an olive oil soap for the ladies and put them in bags for everyone as favours.
Hiya, Im also flying with Thomson and booked through LindoWeddings.

When I booked the holiday, I was told I would have to pay extra baggage for my dress! Was it the travel agent who advised you about taking your dress free of charge?
Hi to everyone

I'm meeting Karen on 8 Dec can't wait but I've got loads of questions for her!!. My wedding is on 6 Sept I've booked my holiday through Argo. I'm going to pre-book my seats £24 each and with this you get extra 5kg baggage allowance each so I'm hoping this will enough for my dress etc. Argo know I've booked my wedding independantly but they've been really good asking for room upgrades etc
Hi Julie, we booked the holiday online then I just phoned thomson up and asked them about carriage of the dress. We actually booked our accomodation with First Choice but went on Thomson flights.
thanks everyone - i am going to take my dress as hand luggage I have ordered a box from http://www.emptybox.com they size them so they fit in the overhead lockers.
we love rhodes and are thinking of getting married there next year. we dont want any fuss or drama, just a simple ceremony. not too keen on lindos but quite fancy the cross - can we get married inside the monastry?
any help is appreciated.
:D
I booked my wedding in Lindos for next year and was wondering about flowers and all the little things that are easy to forget...was looking on the internet and found www.infinityweddingslindos.co.uk which is opening a florist for flowers and wedding accessories....what a relief..I don't have to worry about squashed flowers and wedding favours! Someone can do it for me!

edit to remove bold..see terms of posting..wizard
Wow.. who did you book with that promised you squashed flowers?
Hi
Hi all, thought id introduce myself!
My name is Maria and im getting married at St Pauls Chapel next sept! I have booked through Karen at Lindos Weddings and had my meeting last week! We have decided on the violinist, champagne cruise and the Lindos Mare as the reception!
When are all your weddings taking place?

Love Maria xxx
Hi Maria

Congratulatons ! I am using Karen too my day is the 27 Aug

Having the violin player also its looked grat on the DVD she showed me. We have 70 people and are using nefeli on the beach.

Karen and Lawrence are so helpful I was so excited after I had my meeting . What day do you fly out ?

Lindos - lass when is your wedding and who are you using ?

Julie
Hi gill G

When is your day ? who are you using to arrange your wedding.

I am really looking foward to mine I think once Xmas is out of they way it will fly by

Juile
Hi Mrs H

Just read your wedding report and it was great. I thought your photos were fantastic and your dress was stunning.

We are also getting married in Lindos next year and am still searching for that perfect dress.

We are using Lindos weddings and have our meeting with Karen and Lawrence very soon.

Can anyone recommend a place for reception that also has a DJ and a dance floor.
HI

I am also using Karen I have had my meeting it was very exciting

I am using Nefeli on the beach as I have 70 - 80 going I was very restricted on the venue , but it looks great . Like you I wanted a dance floor so this was perfect as Karen has arranged a DJ after the meal from 10- 1 am

Hope you rmeeting goes well

julie
Hi Julie B,
I'm not getting married... not yet anyway!!
I used to work in Lindos and now I'm back in England I occassionaly look on these boards just to keep up with the gossip and see if I can be of any help to anyone. I saw the message above and thought it was a little weird, why would someone book with a company that couldn't promise them nice flowers?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.