Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
My wedding 27 Aug
958 Posts
i tried to contact lindos weddings but got no answer is there a good time to call, i still need to arange my hair and photos and maybe travel but unsure at the moment what location we are having xx
Hello

I would drop them an email, they log on most days. They might have been very busy with weddings the last few days.
We have just got back from our wedding in Lindos at the Lindos Memories Hotel organised by Karen and Laurence from Lindos Weddings. No words can describe how wonderful the day was and what professional and lovely friendly people Karen, Laurence and their assistant Cath is. Put your trust totally in them and you will have a memorable stress free day.

I spent the morning on the beach sunbathing then just after lunch went for a shower. My mum, sister and bridesmaids arrived, then the flowers were delivered and we had a drink in my room while we all got ready together. My now husband went off to get ready in another room and the other guests arrived and waited in the poolside bar. At 5pm Cath came for us all and I walked around the pool onto the beach and it was amazing. The ceremony was beautiful we both said our own vows and the backdrop of the beach and the sea was unbelievably beautiful. It was the greek night at the hotel and we made this our wedding reception which was fantastic with everyone dancing and singing - what a night to remember. Once everyone had gone my husband and I had a barefoot stroll along the beach then went back to our room and drank champagne while we opened our cards and presents!
To anyone considering marrying in Lindos go for it!!! You will not be disappointed and remember to book Lindos Wedding because they really are the best!! :D :D :D
Hi Jo Jo

what date was you at the lindos memories

i got ready there on the 27th Aug and there was a big party all waving at me by the pool while i was having my photos taken! maybe that was you guys ...
Hi Julie

No we didn't fly out unitl the 29 Aug and got married on the 6 Sep. Hope you had a wonderful day too - it really is just the best getting married aborad don't you think!
Hi...... my first time on here....and yes you've guessed it. i'm getting married in lindos next year!!!

i've booked with a tour operator but am going to organise the extras (including the reception) myself. i here byzantino taverna i meant to be nice....any ideas from you guys? i quite like the idea of roof top taverna in lindos. any help and advice all greatly received

many thanks and congratulations to you already married!!
hi guys have booked my hol, just need to book the wedding now, how exciting !!! going on 28th may 08. need to get info on the glass bottomed boat to see if i can do it independently. i know there was a thread on here once about speaking to the man that owns one of the glassbottomed boats, if anyone has any info please let me know.
also, is there a taverna rooftop you can recommend? will only be us ,our two kiddies and 4guests.
thankyou xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D
hi does anyone know anything about infinityweddings? are they good? cant seem to get hold of lindosweddings and the ladies at infinity seem lovely. but thought id check on here?
who are u all booking with? cheers debz xxx :P
Hi Debz

To prevent losing any posts, please do not post in phone text style, eg u instead of you.

Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers that do not recognise this type of text.

luci :wave
Hi,

i've booked the wedding with the tour operator, but am propbably going to use infinity weddings for the extras. i have sent emails to them and i get replies very quickly. they seem very helpfull and i have read good reviews about them on other forums.
Hello

Lindos weddings will reply to you but due to them being so popular due to their reputation they are very busy especially in September and October, I used them and they were fantastic.

During the winter months and when ever i needed them they replyed always the same day or next day.

I can not comment in infinity weddings as i did not use them but i know they are a new company this year and i doublt they are as popular which is why they probably reply so quickly.
Let me know if you have any questions

you can see the report on my wedding a few posts back

julie
Thanks girls, i have spoken to both karen at lindos weddings and chrissie at infinity, both are lovely, im unsure of who to go with.
we really dont know where to stay. as we have decided to go alone and are saving lots of money in other areas weve decided to go for real luxury so are looking at atrium, lindian village, lindos mare, memories etc. trouble is that these all seem far away from lindos itself. which would you recommend girls? i love the look of lindian village but unsure of distance to other restaurants, shops, bars etc, as wont want to stay in hotel all the time. where are you staying/did stay girls ?
Hi pebblesflowerfairy

I got married on the 6 september at 5pm at the Lindos Memories Hotel- it cannot be faulted and the setting is just perfect right on its own private beach. I used Lindos Weddings as well and believe me they are excellent. The hotel is beautiful and the manager meets with you and runs through everything and I think for most guests they provide a cake etc and the decorations for your reception are beautiful - everything is. Hope this is of some use if you go here you won't be disappointed I wouldn't change a thing I just want to do it all over again...

Good luck xx
oh wow jo jo! thankyou, im so excited now. iv spoken to karen again today and are definately going to use her. shes lovely isnt she. weve decided on memories , we will use the beach for ceremony, cant wait! it looks gorgeous!. wont be areception as such as theres just the two of us but will be amazing all the same. karen said the manager treats you like a king and queen. im so excited i keep getting goose bumps thinking about it.
is it very far from lindos itself? which room should i ask for? did you have a double room or a suite? so may questions hee hee! oh, also what time did you get married jo jo. thanks in advance hun xxx
definatly go for the memories, the lindian village is nice but has no atmosphere and we had 2 people staying there from our party it was not as nice as memories

i stayed there the night i got married and loved it the staff are fantastic and they put champagne in our room when we got back from the wedding.

it is not too far from Lindos in a taxi, we stayed in Pefkos and it took 5/6 mins in a taxi from there and Memories is about half way between the two.

You have made the right choice with Karen and lindos weddings they are fantastic, i spoke to 4 other brides on holiday not using them and none of them had half of the things i had. two of them didnt even have a time confirmed and they was all dead jealous !
Tell Karen and laurence Tony and Julie said hi

if you want to see the photos just send me a PM

J x

and two of them
hi julie, i know this sounds so thick but i dont know how to pm, hee hee!
yes i would so love to see photos please. iv read your report and it sounds so exciting! i just cant wait. im waiting for karen to ring me back tonight with my prefered date, iv asked for either the 15th or 22nd of may, so i'll see which one i get.
i spoke to the manager of lindos memories and hes so lovely isnt he. he gave us a good price.. iv never been so excited inmy life! xx
we are staying in the lindian village in may and im realy looking forward to it all the reviews online are great, all our quests are staying at the sunrise hotel and appartments so the 1st week will be spent out with them, i was pleased today when we got a phone call to confirm our date for our wedding so roll on the 28th may. i contacted lindos weddings but as we havent booked the wedding via them they didnt offer any help towards organising my reception which was a big dissopointment but im sure i shall be able to organise something with the hotel,
Hi everyone

you can use either exquisite lindos weddings, or infinity weddings if you have booked through a tour operator.

i'm staying at lindos memories. the hotel looks fab. our wedding is in october o you guys will be able to let me know how it all goes first!!
hi girls, mines just been confirmed, its 15th may at 4.15, soooooo excited now. staying at memories. i tried infinity before settling with lindos weddings, and they were really lovely and helpful, so i would recommend them for your reception.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx debz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.