Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi again pebblesflowerfairy

I also got married on the beach so if you would like to see some photos just send me a pm and with your e-mail address and I'll send you some. I'm so glad you've gone for the memories and lindos weddings I'm so excited for you it will be just fantastic.....well for all of you all that are getting married in Lindos cos it really is a wonderful place and it makes me just want to relive the moment again and again - oh god I'm all soppy now :D
hi julie when i log into my private messages it says i have none. can i put my email address on here...well here goes ...ill try and see if im allowed debbiebunce@hotmail.com, id love to see them, and yours jo jo. thanks for making me so excited girls, i love the fact that you can share in my excitement! xxx debz xx
Hi pebblesflowerfairy!

which tour operator did you book with? how long did it take for you to get the date of wedding confirmed?
hi honey, iv not gone with a tour operator. karen at lindos weddings recommended that i speak to the hotel direct and got flights seperately to see if it was cheaper and it was. lindos weddings are organising the ceremony etc, i chose my own date 15th may at 5.15.and i booked with the hotel direct and got flight for only 70 pound each, just need to sort transfer to hotel now.
i didnt purposefully decided not to go with tour operator, it just happened that way. who are u with? xxxxxxxxx
ps:nearly got say a MASSIVE thankyou to jojo for emailing me pics, they are beautiful, and julie i said hi to karen for u sweetie xx
ooh wilbe iv just seen that your staying at memories too, how exciting, looks great dosnt it!!! love debz xxx
hi
thank you! you will have a wanderful day with karen i charge it wont be anything else.

just make sure you enjoy every minuite as it will fly by.

Julie X
hi wilby i booked with tomas cook they said we couldnt confirm a date but as it was so important to us to book for the 28th or 29th they put it through for us and have had it confirmed we booked back in may and only just got the conformation but i have to praise tomas cook as they have been fantastic, roll on may 08 now and julie could i see some of your piccies to please
I have to stop reading this ! I am so JEALOUS i want to do it again :cry:

Julie x
Hi,

We just got married at St Pauls on 21st September and it was the best day we could have dreamed of. We booked everything through First Choice who I found less than a quater of the price and they were excellent, booked the dates and times no problems. We had drinks for people arriving at the church then I came in by boat. We all travelled back to Nefeli Resturant which was right on the beach so it was perfect for the boat. They had the place done up beauitful and a drinks reception waiting on us the place was ours alone for the night they don't ask you to move or allow others in as alot of the places do in the centre which I thought was great. They organised Greek dancers and an English DJ it was a great night everyone was up dancing and enjoying themselves. The owner Nikos did everything, we made up the menus and even had his mobile number the whole holiday incase we changed something, he was there the whole night and I would highly recommend this place. I got my photos back the next to pick and the day after got them all in a beauitful album with my DVD - no problems just a perfect day!
congratulations on your wedding it sounds like you had a realy good day xx
oh how wonderful!! congratulations, ur wedding sounds fab!
hey Smanfa, we will be marrying the same week. im there from 7th may till 17th and marrying on the 15th on the beach at lindos memories. will probably see u around and about. is ur wedding at st pauls, i might go a nosey peek,hee hee! xxxxx
no i think we are getting married in the hotel gardens as we did want the small chapel in the grounds but thats greeck otherdox only (sorry about the spelling) i dont fly out until the 24th of may will you still be there then? x
hi lisbob, your wedding sounds fantastic!!! we have also booked our wedding with the same tour operator for august o8. we have just had our date confirmed for 12TH august at 5.45pm....so excited now. i found first choice to be very reasonable cost wise..the legal stuff took a bit of time to work out but getting there!!!!!if there are any helpful tips and advise you can pass on i would be very greatful. we have just had an email from our wedding co-ordinator with lists of restaurants etc...cannot decide where to eat for reception afterwards..want to eat in pefkos (going to book glass bottom boat when we get there..cheaper!!!) thanks miss p. :lol:
Hi

My favorite resturant in Pefkos is Philosophia the setting and the food is fantastic.

To be honest the resturants in lindos are of a better quality than pefkos in my opinion except that one.

Julie
i wish tomas cook were more helpfull with the organisation seems every other tour operator seems to know what there doing everytime we go in and ask we have to wait a few days for a reply, im still confussed about the legal stuff, i emailed the hotel we are going to for more advice as tomas cook have 'nt got a clue but its all booked now and i dont want the hassel of changing
dont worry the legal stuff is easier than it seems

i had to get my paper work legalised then Lindos weddings hsd it translated for me i know sometimes you have to get it done here.
tomas cook have an agent that does it for you all you have to do is get it certified by a solicitor and then send all the documents to this agent and they do the rest for you. it does cost more but saves alot of time and effort in the long run
hi again, about the "legal stuff"....as i said it took some time to figure it out but...here goes...£168.00 for documents to be translated into greek..paid upfront, photocopies of birth certificates, passports, and we have also got a change of names deeds too....(different for everyone)to be each signed by a solicitor at £ 5.00 per signature...plus the cost of certificate of no impediment..dont know cost of this yet but cnnot apply for this untill 12weeks before date we fly back...am i making sense???..there is probably more that i dont yet know about..as you pay for one..something else pops up to say...pay me..pay me!!!worth it though. as for the tour operator, i am finding that it is best to speak to them if it is about money...but anything else i go direct to the weddings team attatched to them! :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.