Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Thanks Pebbles that's exactly the sort of info I am after!!!
Cant look at your pics unfortunately - it asks me for a password. Plus my only access on a computer is in work, and my PC isnt much cop. Not on Facebook either. Am going to go and read your review about Memories tho. Havent really seen a bad one so it must be good! It was the hotel I really fell for, which then decided on our wedding location.

My friend told me last night that her, and her husband are going to do their best to come out for a week to attend the wedding. She pregnant at mo, due in Sept, so there's a chance we could have a 1st birthday to celebrate while we are out there! I'm glad, as hubs2b and I met through them so it's only right they are there to witness the end result of their matchmaking!

Thank you girls for all your info - a great source of support.
Pebbles - just spotted on your hotel review that you are from South Wales - so am I!!!!! Spooky!
omg waggess thats bizarre! ha ha. im from llantwit major, near bridgend.
the password is pebbles1, try that hun.
thats lovely that your friends will be there, especially as they got you both together, thats great.

thanks girls for all your comments. it really was the best day of my life. i cant tell you enough how beautiful it is out there. its romance itself!

hi hun, yes lindos view is nice, my friend stayed there, and its good for kiddies apparently. you will have a lovely wedding night at memories too. thats a good idea!

im never going to leave this forum cos i just love chatting about weddings so much,lol. especcially weddings in lindos. xxxxxxxx
OH MY GOODNESS! wow wow wow!! guess what? my wedding dvd is on youtube.
lindosweddings videographer has just put it on there. its an edited , condensed version, and i just cried watching it. turn the volume up , our wedding song is on there too . either copy and paste this link into the browser, or put lindosweddings into youtube and we are debbie and james wildi
(althogh the videographer has called me deppie, hee hee!) luckily im debbie on the wedding dvd tho,lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARW9DNMjR9s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARW9DNMjR9s
oh i see the words you and tube isnt allowed, whoopsy i hope iv not been naughty putting it on here. the missing words are a very well known video sharing site so if i were you the easiest way to watch the vid is to google 'you tube ' then pt lindosweddings into the search bar and ours is the first one that comes up (debbie and james) xxx
Wow is the right word! I cried too, and I dont even know you! it is a fab video and the music over the top adds to it! fabulous! i'm so glad I started coming on this forum as it has made me want my lindos wedding even more! i was originally having a big winter wedding in a barn! I am so happy we have changed it now.
Pebbles - I'm originally from Barry bit moved to Pontypool to be with my man. I know Llantwit well! (great shoe shop!)

Thanks for the info re pics and vid. You looked amazing and was fantastic to see the beach and hotel.

Mumof2bride you are right - to find this forum has eased my stress levels no end! (I find it much more useful than wedding websites). So excited now but Sept 09 seems so far away! But in the meantime I'm looking forward to finding out lots more about weddings in Lindos!
OMG pebblesflowerfairy I just watched your video and looked at your photos you look absolutely beautiful, really happy and bouncy - you can tell that you are having a fab time!!! What a lovely touch to collect some of the sand from the beach.

I got married at St Pauls Bay on the 12th May but not sure how to share the photos!!! Would highly recommend it we had a fab time - Lindos is just the most beautiful place in the world!

Nicki x
nicki, im so glad you enjoyed it too. i really hope we can see your pics. i went on a site called one true media, and then uploaded our pics that my 'husband' (wooohoo) had already put onto the computer from our camera. thats how i did the montage.
yes your right lindos is sooooooooo beautiful. i thinhk its magical do you. its like its a magical wedding world. everyone there is so mad about weddings.
when we asked the taxi driver to take us to the town hall he said 'ooooh you marry yes?' and he was so excited. and then a man who was cleaning at the town hall got so excited and started showing us pics of his wife of 46 years and grandkids,lol. he said that he still gets excited by every wedding that he sees at st pauls and hes worked and lived there for 30 odd years.
the greeks are so friendly arnt they.

girls, a fab restaurant to go to is maverikos, its in the square where the taxis are and its won best chef in greece 4 years runnig, and the lamb is to die for. we went to the famous philosophia in pefkos too, its true the sunsets are amazing there.

i really enjoyed byzantino bar too, greatr for people watching and free interner access (thats how i posted on here when i was there), and lovely frappe coffees too.
and ffor those staying in lindos memories u MUST try the choc souffle, yum!

i cant wait to hear from smanfa, lucky thing. what date is her wedding? is it this week or next? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all

Thanks pebblesflowerfairy! Ive just picked out a few photos as between the photographer and our friends there are over 1000! Still trying to work out how to share it!

We used Charlotte at Exquisite Lindos and they were fab from start to finish!!

I have a not so quick wedding report which I have typed on word but its a page long and I dont know if I should paste in it? Or email it to people at their request.

In short .... It was a fabulous day and one that I will never forget. I did wonder (before I went to Lindos) if I was making a mistake and that I should have got married in the UK so that more of our friends could have been at our wedding - but after the wedding and holiday it is a decision that I will NEVER regret. We have a party this weekend so really we have the best of both worlds!!

I love Lindos and loved planning my wedding out there - I also love talking to people about it so if you have ANY questions please ask!!!

Also just looked on ta and smanfa got married on 29th May so she is still in Rhodes (lucky girl). If your reading this smanfa hope you had a amazing time - cant wait to see your photos!!!

Nicki x
Just tried to display my pictures but I dont have the required number of posts to paste in a link ....

My photos are on photo bucket and my user name is nicki568x (if you type this in to the image search there will be a link to my user area and wedding album)!!

Hope this works - please let me know

Nicki x
oooh brill! will have a look right now nicki. yes please please put your wedding story on i know id love to read it and im sur others would too. cant wait to see piccies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
didnt work that time, will try again. hey nicki, try copying the address that is in the browser bar when the pics are on the screen, then pasting it here..maybe that will work.

iv jst realised the date you married......... wow, we were there as it was three days before ours, we arrived on 10th , married on 15th and came home on 17th. where did you stay?
we probably saw you there at some point as lindos is so tiny isnt it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Probably did see you - we arrived on the 3rd May and were out there for 2 weeks - came home the same day that you did! Best holiday ever - Lindos is brill - if you want to go for a quiet holiday you can (we did this last year when we went), however if you are looking for nightlife it has that too (had a fab time dancing on bars this time - infact one of the bars has a dress up box - very funny).

I cant paste a link to my photos into my posts - when I try to do this I get a message saying that 'you do not have enough posts to allow you to paste links' - so will have to do it this way .......

On photo bucket type my user name (nicki568x) into image search - it will say that they have no matches but are you looking for user nicki568x? Click where it says 'Click here to see this users album' then on the left hand side click on wedding. Hope this makes sense and works!

Nicki x
This is our wedding story - sorry its a long one ......

Woke up to glorious weather, had breakfast in the hotel room and then went down to sit by the pool to sort out some last minute stuff. Our friends came over to give us a pre-wedding present a beautiful oil painting of St Paul's Bay - still didn't really feel real at this point - hadn't really for the whole of the holiday (despite having a fab hen night).

After a tiny bit of lunch I went to a friend's room with my bridesmaids and my mum to get ready. I had my hair done by a hairdresser (recommended by my wedding planner) and after using probably a whole can of hair spray, about a million hair grips and some glitter spray that made EVERYTHING glitter in the room, my hair was frizz free and unlikely to move for the rest of my life (heehee). My bridesmaids, who had sorted out their own hair and put on their dresses, then started to help me into my dress which took ages. The flowers were delivered to the room and they were beautiful - I had a bouquet and my bridesmaids carried 3 roses in memory of my granddad who passed away 12 years ago. Once ready my mum went down to the bar to meet everyone including my husband (who by the way had been messing round in the pool till about 3 pm) and my brother came up to the room. Charlotte (the wedding co-ordinator) came up to say that everyone was in the bar and ready to go and that she would come back up once it was time for us to get the taxis to St Pauls Bay. It was now that it suddenly hit me - I was getting married!!!

Me, my brother and bridesmaids got the taxis to St Pauls Bay (my husband and guests were already there and had walked down the hill to the chapel) and were met by the photographer and accordionist who walked us down to the chapel. I will never forget the look that my husband gave me when he saw me - it gave me goose bumps. The ceremony was beautiful and I had to hold back tears during the reading from the registrar and the beautiful reading that my sister did. Photos were then taken in the chapel grounds and on the beach.

We had arranged for a champagne boat cruise as a surprise for our guests and everyone absolutely loved it - would definitely recommend this. After the boat we walked into Lindos to Kalypso where we had a beautiful meal with wedding cake for desert (this was the most amazing cake I have ever eaten!!). Finally walked to Lindos By Night Cocktail bar to continue with the drinking.

It was a fabulous day and one that I will never forget and we have some beautiful photos as memories (see previous post about how to view them).

Nicki x

direct link to pictures

wiz
oh wow nicki! im in tears, i could picture it all, it all sounds so beautiful.! the bit where you looked at your husbands face whenb ne saw you , wow! that made me melt. im so glad you posted your story.it wasnt long, i wanted more,lol
it sounds just perfect!

what hotel did you stay in? i was picturing you getting ready with the hairdresser and it just made me have goosebumps.
getting maried in lindos is amazing isnt it! the best way to do it. we are all so lucky that we found this paradise.

im going to look on your pictures now........wiz, the moderator has kindly put a link to your pictures underneath your story ...../ xxxxxxxxxxx
ooooh i love them! u look beautiful! hey guess what nicki iv justrealised something.........i think i saw your boat on the champagne cruise! the cruise goes by our hotel and i saw the same boat a few times when i was sunbathing. and on the day of your wedding i said to james 'oh look how lovely, that ones got a bride on it, that must be the champagne cruise following a wedding'
did you cruise all round anthony quinn bay (naverone bay)? i saw a dark haired bride, but cldnt make out any other detail, it was too far from the shore.
wow, how amazing!
your'e photographs are beautiful, and you both look really happy and in love. i love the one of you sitting on the wall wit the sea in the background.
absoloutely gorgeous, thankyou so much for sharing them nicki, and a massive congrats hun to you and your husband ! xxxxxxxxxxx
Wow Nicki your report is fab and pics looks amazing (love the bridesmaids dress colour!). This is giving me a real insight now what to expect for my own wedding in St Paul's Bay, and thanks to Pebbles for filling me in about Memories.

I really do appreciate hearing all about it. Am so happy for you.

Pebbles - were you only in Lindos for a week? I was told you have to be in Greece at least a week before you could get married.

Keep the stories coming ladies - the more details the better!
THANK YOU!
hi hunni, just a quickie because baby wanta feeding.will be back on later. yes i was only there a week. we got married on the fifth day. karen and lawrence sorted it for me because i didnt want to be away from the boys for long.
i think its up to the greek authorities so they had a word with them for me. although once i was there and got over the intital missing the children stage i wished it was longer,lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.