Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi Claire69

We are also booked with Thomas Cook and getting married at St Pauls Bay in Sept 09, staying at Lindos Memories.

We have decided to use the TC Wedding Co-ordinator and make arrangements when we arrive in resort, as we are having a small, low key wedding with just a few close friends, there isnt much planning involved! (when I booked, I gave a choice of wedding dates, and reserved a photographer)

I think it all depends on the sort of wedding you are having and whether you would be happy waiting until you arrive to make arrangements, or want to have it all planned to the last detail in advance. There are independent wedding planners which can sort it all out for you to the last detail if that is the case.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has had a thomas cook wedding, and any info about the optional extras and prices would be helpful.

Thanks.
hi sweetie and welcome, yo can book the extras throgh (excse my typing, the letter between y and i on the keyboard isnt working, lol) thomas cook or throgh another wedding planner or jst do it yorselves. when i married there last month i spoke to a cple who had married with thomas cook, they had no probs at all bt said the extras were crazily expensive with them.
for example they qoted them 80 er for a taxi to the chapel when it normally costs 5 er (paying 80 for a ribbon on a taxi is crazy isnt it) things like taxi to the chapel can be booked thrgh hotel and will be abot 10 er frm lindos mare i wld imagine.
yo can either find a hairdresser shop when yo get there (ask hotel reception)and book them for the morn of yor wedding (there is one on lindos and one in pefkos i think) or yo cld maybe book the one i had (she was amazing and came to hotel too) if yo phone lindosweddings, the wedding planners i had, they do lots of extras and they are soooooooo mch cheaper than elsewhere. im not sre whether they do the xtras if yor not booked with them bt its worth a try, give them a ring and see, they are adorable and so helpfl.www.lindosweddings.com.

i wld definately shop arond for the extras rather than rely on thomas cook as that is the one thing that stck in my mind was how expensive thier extras are.
if it were me id arrange the taxi myself definately. and shop aropnd for the rest, jst lok on other wedding planner websites to see whether the prices they qote yo are fair or not.giv lindosweddings a ring im sre they can help yo with prices and extras , if not they can direct yo to someone i bet.
ps: the best piece of advice i can giv yo is to get a video done, ovrs is amazing!!!
enjoy planning , how exciting! xxxxxxxx
oh my goodness i jst read that back. i really need to get my keyboard fixed dont i, it looks like im doing text speak, ha ha xx
hi wagess, iv only jst seen yo posted too. how are yor plans going? im glad yove got a photographer, well worth it i think. are yo having a video too? im really glad we had ors done.
iv been looking at holidays for next year, really missing lindos, cant wait to go back.
happy wedding planning girls! xxx
pebblesflowerfairy ... what have you been drinking girl :rofl off you go to tesco and get a cheap key board so i can understand you :tup

wizard
ha ha ha thats brill! too many vodkas!
am desperately trying to avoid words with the letter between y and i in them, so that my posts look half normal, bt somehow thats not working,lol xx
Thanks pebblesflowerfairy,

I think i will try to get in touch with you wedding planners, we chose to get married abroad cos its soooo much cheaper than getting married in England, plus only people that want to be there will come not just because they are "family". I did have a look at your pics and it does look absolutely lovely. Im really really really excited and there is still about 11 months left, doh!!! How did you get your dress to Rhodes?? That is one thing that is really bothering me, what if it goes missing!!!!!!!
Anyways, thanks and any more advise you can give would be brill
Ta
Claire x
hi claire, i took it in the plane with me as hand lggage. if yo ask the wedding shop they will box it for yo so that it fits in the overhead compartment. mine was only chiffon so it folded easily into a small box , bt the lady in the wedding shop said that most brides take even massive wedding dresses on board with them, they can really fold them well to fit in a box.
or yo can phone the airline in advance and ask them if they can hang it in the plane for yo.
i felt safer carrying it with me at all times. was too scared to pt it in my case, altho my flowers were in my case, and my wedding jewllery too.
oh and i carried all the legal docs with me in hand lggage too (dont want those to go missing)

i cant gt over how mch cheaper it is to do it abroad. photos were abot 250er and vid was abot the same, in britain that wld cost more than twice as mch woldnt it.
lindos is amazing! yor wedding will be fantastic!! we are going back in may next year.xxxxxxx
Hello Everybody
I am new to this site, but i have been reading all the news regularly and have found everything posted very helpful.
I will be getting married at st Pauls bay chapel on october 6th 2008.
I have just booked our date to apply for our certificate of no impediment. Can anyone tell me what the exact address is that i need to give them.
We are flying to rhodes at the end of september for a week on our own then the rest of the family will fly out for the second week to join us on our special day.
I cant believe how quickly it has come around i feel really excited but nervous too.
Any advice that anyone can offer will be appreciated.

Tracy
hi tracy...welcome to our mad world of weddings!!!!!!!!!!!1 you send your cetificates and any other documents to be legalised to the foreign and commonwealth office in london...i would check the address on their website thoughas im sure i have read on some of their paperwork that the address is changing...not 100% sure but worth a check,the other thing is that before you get your certificate of no impediment check with your weddings team as to how specific the location details need to be. when we went for ours the registrar asked us what we wanted to be put on and i just assumed it would be st pauls bay,lindos,greece. i had to ring our weddings legal team to check and apparantly it should be "lindos town hall,greece"!!...now i would never have known this and if the info isnt right on the certificate they may not accept it!!! im sure it will be the same on yours.....hope all your plans are coming along . sue :wave:
Does anybody know what happens if it rains in Lindos and you are getting married at St. Pauls Cathedral???

Thanks
Claire
x
oooh i dont know claire. we had a storm the day before my wedding and i thought that we'd have to change our plans (we would have had to get wed inside hotel or under a sheltered area in the hotel gardens) bt im not sure what would happen at st pauls. (ha ha did you say st pauls catherdral claire? ,wow, marrying in st pauls cathedral eh! lol)
i think they wld weigh up the situation and maybe change the day if possible. our wedding planners were talking about changing our day. but luckily the storm ended. the weathers so lovely ther, its doubtful that it would rain. even the storm we had didnt last for long. the sun came straight back out in couple of hours , debz xxx
Durrr, :duh ha ha, a cathedral i wish!!
It was only last night that i thought about the weather, i just assumed it would be sunny but as its the beginning of the season it might be a bit unpredictable. What date in May did you get married? Our date will hopefully be either the 14th or 15th, aparently it will be confirmed in October / November.
Also, another question...........did you go down to London with your documents or did you send them by courier?? I dont think i dare send them by courier with it being so close to the wedding, if they go missing im guessing we will be stuck!! Me and h2b are thinking of going to London for the day (obviously nearer the time, lol) but dont know how long it will take etc if we are in person?
Ta
Claire x
hi sweetie, hey guess what? i got married on the 15th! that will be good, w could share the same anniversary.
we arrived on the 10th and the weather was gorgeous from day 1 except for a few hours on the 14th. lindos is so much hotter and sunnier than the rest of greece.
we sent our documents by recorded delivery at the post office. they only took about a week to come back to us. i had no trouble at all doing it that way, it was fine.
we will be there when you get married cos we are going back for our anniversary. not booked it yet, bt definately going so that we are there on the 15th. taking the kiddies this time.....for two weeks yipppeeee! xxxxxxxx
hi all....i have a story for you all...you might wants to sit down...it could take a while..well here goes.
on friday (the 13th may i add) i went to the post office to pick up what i thought was my returned documents.(i too sent them 1st class recorded delivery) i picked up the packet and went to my car.thought i would open it when i got to work. tried the car and wouldnt start...6 times and 20 mins later i get i going. in the time i am waiting for the heap of junk to work i decide to open packet.very excited as they got back really quick. to my absolute horror they had been returned because (1) i hadnt got the photocopied passport picture signed by a solicitor(dum dum) and (2) my h2b change of name deeds had apparantly only been signed by a clerk and not an official solicitor!!!! oh my god...panic panic panic...breath sue breath....hyperventilating...can you bloomin well believe it...anyway,go to work,try to tell my boss and good friend wendy all about it...im in such a state that she has to phone the f&c office for me.45mins later and after speaking to numerous recorded voices...finally a human being to speak to. to cut an extremly long story short...have now sorted it all out,docs resent...a very kind gentleman said to address it to him personaly and he would sort it. he phoned me today to say everythin is ok and will have everything back by end of this week. yipeeeee,and,because both photocopied passport pics on one paper i only have to pay 1 more £27.00 fee and not 2 so i get a refund too!!!!apparantly you only need one official apostile stamp on each paper so well worth remembering!!!! are you all still awake after that...?????stress over.
Hi all
Can anyone help. I am really worried now that i have read the last post. when i have all my documents ready to send down to London do i have to take my photocopies of our passports to a solicitor first. We have not been told anything about this. I could feel myself going through all of the emotions that you went through when you opened your letter. Omg i thought i had it all sorted it took me ages to understand all of the document requirements.

Tracy
I didnt think that you needed to get your passports legalised?? We didnt when we got married in May!!

We just sent our birth certificates and certificates of non-impediment to the FCO!

Once they were returned we sent these along with photocopies of the inside of our passports to our wedding planner!

Worth checking with whoever is organising your wedding before you start panicing!

Nicki x
Nightmare Miss P :cry bet you were sooooooo stressed!!! I know some friends of mine went to London to get the docs ok'd and only took the short version of one of their birth certificates so ended up having to send it by return courier at a cost of £300! I think im just going to take them to London in person. Im so stressed already about this and i dont get married until next May!.

Its a small world Debz isnt it, getting married on the same day a year apart, lol. Maybe our paths will cross over in Lindos, are you staying in the same hotel when you go back??? I had a good old stress last night with my fella about the weather and he just laughed at me, i cant do anything about the weather, if it rains it rains so what. We can go back the next day to have some pics taken if if it does.

This website has helped me so much, its a god send
Cheers ladies
xxxxxxx
Hi all sorry i havent been on yet, the wedding day was fantastic i dont think we could have asked for a better dsy. how are you all? if anyone wants to see pics pm me your email adress and ill send them over xx

also for those worrying about there documents dont. we had alot of stress over this and it was easier than you would think. if you need anyhelp with this try and contact charlotte at exquisit weddings she done all of our documents for us and she is fantastic. if you want any little extras give her a call we booked our photographer and boat trip with her and she was fantastic x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.