Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
hi tracy...ooooohhhh my friend whos is flying out to our wedding is staying at the iberostar...it looks really really nice and has brilliant reviews...bet its well posh!!!!!!! i have been worried to about transporting the dresses over too. i think i am going to buy a "hard" case and put my dress and the bridesmaids in there...apparantly (in the first choice info that you get) it says you can put it through as hand luggage and that most airlines dont charge excess luggage costs for wedding luggage...(might sneak some xtra bits and bobs in there too,he he :rofl ). my dress is really big and i would be worried about it getting knocked about if it was hung. i am going to put fragile labels all over the case!!!!
hi debs,thanks for the link...iam going to have a look at it now as i was interested in the glass bottom boat...but the price through fc was something loke 450 euros which i think is about £300 ish...i think...im sure it will be cheaper booking it myself...well gonna try anyway, thanks,bye for now, sue :wave:
Hi sue
When exactly do you fly out to rhodes you will have to let me know what your friends think of the iberostar. I do agree it looks really nice in the brochure and on the net. It would still be great to hear what they think though. You must be getting really excited now, i am and i still have 13 weeks to wait. It will soon be here though as there is still so much to do before then.
I have been watching all the weddings on that well known site they look really great and pebbles your is lovely i love the music in the back ground. I got all emotional watching it congratulations by the way.
Tracy
awww thanks tracy thats really kind of you.
its such an amazing experience getting married in lindos. i honestly would never have chosen anywhere lse. its so beautiful. your wedding will be fantastic!
oooh only 13 weeks?? not long! you lucky thing. wish i could do it again (with james of course,lol)
we'r going back next may. claire is getting married on the same date..may 15th , so we will be there while shes there for her wedding.
will go on st pauls beach that day and have a sneaky nosey.

where are you having your reception trace?
love debz xx
Oooohhhh yeah, you are more than welcome to come and have a peek, he he he

xxx :D
hi girls..well...sxcuse me if the spelling is not good.....was my hen night last night in manchester!!!!!it was such a fantastic night,14 of us....had the best night ever....but,i m relly suffering tday.got up with my little boy at 8.30am,h2b working untill 12noon.when he came home i went back to bed.i didnt get up till 4pm....and i still could sleep for a week!!!! to say i was feeling a little tender is an undrstatment!!!! it kind of makes it feel real to...my friends made me wear a cute little pair of silver wings with a flashing l on the back,and a sexy little garter...tacky i know but,well,it had to be done.one of my friends brought me a little blow up "perfect boyfriend"!!! we all decided to call him melvyn...he looked like melvyn bragg!!(bet any younger brides will not know who he is).showing my age now....its my 34th birthday tomorrow too but seriously...wont be doing anything...it will be work,home,tea,bed...just cant keep the pace now!!!!!.......tracy,will definately let you knowabout the iberostar lindos,as i said before it has some really good reviews so nothing to worry about....well,had my tea now so think its time for a well earned nap!!! he he :rofl
Sounds like you had a brill night in Manchester. I was out on my friends hen do in Blackpool last night too, our theme was "Goth and Punk" we looked fab, lol!! Same as you i need sleep sleep and a bit more sleep, luckly i dont have any kiddies to get up with but i do have a h2b that is a early riser and once im awake thats it for me. When is it that you get married??

xx :cheers
hi claire...sorry...you asked me twice when i get married and still didnt tell you did i...i am more "alive" today...wasnt with it yesterday at all. we fly out from manchester on 2nd august,staying at pefkos beach apts and get married on 12th aug at 5.45pm....in fact...got a coutesy call from first choice weddings team today to say they had recieved my photocopied documents and that every thing was ok and to have a great time...which i thought was very nice of them....am i right in thinking you get married in october???...i can remenber when we were about 13 weeks away and it felt like it would be ages off....and now just 6 weeks to go and it is all really real now.everything is done now...all docs sorted out (thank god.....just need to remember to take all originals with me!!!) hotel booked for party on return,invites done..just got to send some more out,i actually feel,like i can sit back and relax a bit now. how are all your plans coming along? hope everything is good..just remember if you r not sure about anything ring first choice...because that is what they are there for...and ofcourse all of us here between us will have the answer tucked away somewhere!!!!! i dont know what i would have done without ht's, been a massive hel...along with my very good friend...who i am sure so many times wanted to throttle me!!! he he,well,gonna go now and watch a very famous reality tv show on c4!!! yeah i know...sad!!! bye
hi claire,sue again..you said you went to blackpool for a friends hen party...are you a local lancashire lass then??? i am... from blackburn...just wondered,my h2b had his stag do in blackpool 2 weeks ago,said it was such a good night there!!!! well....if you so the photos you wouldnt agree!!!!!!! :rofl
i am... from blackburn.

so is mrs wizard [the pendle witch]

wiz
haha wizard...is she related to ole dem dyke!!!!!!!!!! small world eh!!!!!! :wave:
I wish i got married in October, lol, ive got to wait till next May :( We havent even got the date confirmed yet. It gonna be either 14th or 15th. We have got our reception for when we get back booked, im just toooooo organized, lol.

Im a yorkshire girl me, Huddersfield. Blackpool is only about an hour away from us. In fact the next village on from where i live is called Uppermill which is Lancashire.

Blackpool was fab though, full of stag do's and other hen do's. Can imagine why your h2b enjoyed it, he he, my pics are bad enough too! :yikes My pal is getting married on 9th August so cant wait for that party she is getting married over here though.

Bet you cannot wait for 6 weeks to be up, im so envious!!! I wanna get married now! Have you had your hen do yet?

Its good that First Choice have kept you updated, at least you wont be stressing about all the docs etc. You may have already said (sorry if you have) but how are you getting your dress there??

Cant wait to hear your wedding report, you 'll have to include all the details and pictures..............

xxxx
Im getting Married in Rhodes at St Pauls Bay in 2010 nothing is booked because i dont know were to start.
I have heard not to book with Virgin can anyone reccomend a good travel company and good wedding planner actually in Rhodes,the reception i wouldnt even have a clue were to start i have about 50 guests, any reccomendations.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED :D
Welcome to the Greek forums of HT

I know this is a long thread so make a cup of tea or pour a drink and spend some time reading back, you will find that our lassies have used several different companies for their weddings, most have given an insight in their post as to how things went [some have posted links to wedding pictures] and there is other information on documentation, where and who organised receptions etc.. so slow down and have a look, then you can ask questions on specific companies offering wedding services

yasus

wizard
Hi everyone
I am off to get the certificates of no impediments tomorrow can anyone tell me how long will it take before they can be collected. I am thinking about going down to the F.O with all of my documents, has anyone else done this in person, if so was it easy to get there and how quickly was it all sorted.
As for the lady who is after any sugestions about who to book her wedding with i would say book with a company based in rhodes. I have booked with first choice and i cant complain but the girls that have booked with a company out there seem to get a better service and there seems to be alot less hassle.
Hope that helps.

Tracy
im such a plonker...ive been getting claire and tracy all mixed up!!!! so,claire..you get married next may and tracy you're getting married a few weeks after me!!! is that right?????i dont know whats going on in my head (obviously nothing,just full of cotton wool).i think its all this wedding stuff...its so close now..5 weeks to go...i am so excited now.... i had an email from pefkos beach hotel today saying that yes they would allocate us a nice room and we are going to see mike at the nostalgia restaurant when we get there to sort out possibly have our reception meal there. hope everyones plans are going okay,...ooohh about the question about documents (sorry,i cant remember who asked now!!! duurrrrrrr)....i sent all my documents by first class next day recorded delivery,they got there fine...if i had lived closer to the f & c office i possibly would have taken them there myself...i think smanfa who recently got married did that...i live to far up north though.....anyway all docs where fine and sent back okay.luv sue :)
Hi Sue
Ok i will let you off for getting confused as its getting very close to your big day. I still have 11 weeks and my head is all over the place.
How did you manage to get the hotel to agree to give you a nice room when i asked mine they wanted to charge me. We had a phone call on Monday about the rings we went to collect them and the girl measured us with the wrong set. They have both had to be reordered and they couldnt give an exact date.
Are you getting married at st pauls bay or in an hotel sorry if you have already posted the answer. I think i remeber you saying you wanted to book the boat have you had any luck and was it reasonable. Also being nosy now are you having the first choice photographer. We managed to find someone online alot cheaper i found the extras with first choice very expensive.
Well i hope everything is coming along nicely for you make sure we get the run down when you get back.

Tracy
hi tracy...i can remeber feeling that way too...ohh...yep still feeling that way now, im kinda hoping that when i get there i will relax..no invites to give out,no dj to organise,no room and flowers to sort out..bla bla bla bla!!!! god..definately in need of a holiday. we are getting married at st pauls bay on 12th august...5.45pm...hoping it might be a little cooler then(although everyone keeps telling me not a cat in hells chance!!!!) my friend who i work with is doing our photography...she is fab...she did some photos of my little boy last summer and they are fantastic, gonna have them put onto canvas. she is doing the photos at our reception too but i want really casual,natural ones...everyone having a good time...might get some disposable ones for the tables too....can you imagine what will turn up on those in development!!!!!about the hotel...i just emailed them about 6 months ago about the nostalgia restaurant and prices for a reception. the emailed me some menus and said closer to the time let them know what time and date we arrive and they would make sure we were allocated a dood room...which of course was very kind of them...so i took advantage of that and emailed them to remind them about their "very generous offer"!! although i have to say i think its only cos i am showing interest in their restaurant!!! what you need is a good night out...hen night....what you doing??? we went to manchester...what a fab night... a great way to destress...and for the first time makes it all feel real!!! keep smiling luv sue :)
my tickets have arrived......yipee....not long now...just bought one of those carlton hard suitcases for our wedding luggage.i just knowi will have to pay excess luggage...i thought that i had read somewhere that they allow extra weight for weddings...but...i read it wrong,actually you dont!!!!!! was gonna sneak my ghd's in..and the iron!!!! haha.just bookrd to have my nails and a "wax" for 2 days before we fly..its starting to get really exciting now...cant belive im gonna be a mrs in 4 weeks...arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :yikes
Hey Ladies,
Things seem to be a bit quiet on here lately. Ive just got back from a well needed break in France at my mum and dad in law to be's house. Weather wasnt that good but it was well needed!!

Yup, im the one getting married in May next year. My head is all over the place and i dont get married till next year so god knows how your feeling. I really like the idea of contacting the hotel and asking for a nice room, i think i might do that myself seen as we are thinking of having the reception there afterwards.

Not much else has happened here on the planning front, although i wish it was. Is anybody taking flowers over with them?? Im thinking of ordering some silk ones to take with me then i know what i will be getting......
xxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.