Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
honey148
292 Posts
There's a review in for this hotel HERE
Got back last week, firstly the complex is excellent. Rooms spotless, air conditioning great,lovely balcony/view, pools are big, plenty of room. We have 2 boys 6 and 9 and they loved it. Only minor drawback was the distance from the town. We knew when we booked it was a good walk but I consider myself fairly fit, but sorry it was just too far with the family, so we got taxis most nights, which were cheap enough, but as previous correspondents have noted, bit of a hassle waiting for them at peak times.

Regarding the area, Zoomarine is a definate must, we all loved it, not enough time in one day to check it all out, but do see the dolphins!! Boat trip from Villa moura(TOPCAT, 3 hour one) was an excellent day out.

Best restaurants we found were O Tunnel and Annas in the old town , friendly service with excellent food. We also found a new Chinese just at the bottom of the strip, callled Happy House, staff were falling over to serve us, great food.

Here is a tip if you are using the ATM's, it sounds silly but you may thank me for this as it was not obvious at the time. After you punch in your PIN do not use the buttons adjacent the display, this does not work(much to our frustration and after countless attempts!) press the button at the bottom right that has CONTINUAR printed on it

All in all, great holiday for all types.
Hi Homer1
nice to see you had a good holiday.. if you havenot done so yet please post your report on the following link
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/portugal/algarve/albufeira/holiday-village-algarve/

thanks

brian
Hi there, we are off to the Alta De Colina during the first 2 weeks in September. I have rented a car for the 2 weeks and they are going to deliver it to the hotel, but i require a full address.

Does anyone have that full address and phone number for the hotel? I tried to contact the hotel direct, via the link to the Alfagar site and also the e-mail address for the front desk, but both came back as un-deliverable messages. I was not sure that the address shown on the Alfagar site was the full address, hence asking again.

Many thanks - Colin McCaughey
Try emailing them at colina@mail.telepac.pt. I have used this email address and always found them very helpful. If you have a car for two weeks you will absolutely love Alto Do Colina. Have a great time. 8)
Pretty sure thats the one i tried earlier, but i will give it another go.

This is our 3rd time in the Algarve and on previous visits we just had the car for a day or two, but always left feeling we had missed so much. So for £260 fully inclusive for a car with a/c, we thought it a good deal and worth having.

Thanks - Colin
It is because you will spend a fair whack of that on taxis anyway. We had a car for a week and loved the independence and did a lot of travelling and saved a fortune on the organised trips.
This is the address I found on a visa receipt we had and it is also on the tripadvisor website.

Alto Do Colina
Balaia
Apt. 866
Albuferia 8200

Hope this does the trick for you. :sun :fly
Colin if you go to website http://www.alfagar.com/altodacolinaingles.htm this takes you to the Altos web page and at the bottom it gives you the address, telephone number and email info. Hope this helps. We too are going second week in september. :D
All sorted on the address now, thanks!
The issue with the towels on the sunbeds was less of an issue while I was at Alto da Colina.

People still get up early to bag the sunbeds but if they are unattended at about 9:00 - 9:30 ish, the reps come and take the towels off to reception. Good to see.

But I would echo the comments about the entertainment at AdC. It is really poor and the reps show is painful. :oops:

But still one of the best hotels I have taken the family to.
I'm thinking of booking these apartments for June 2006 and i have 3 kids! aged 12, 6 and 4.
Does anyone know of any water park(s) in the area?????

We went to the ones in Spain and they were fab so I'm hooked!!!

Jo
We were there in August and we went to Aqualand but we did not get there till 11am and all the rings that you would rent were taken and the kids got tired of having to queue for about 20mins for the rides, but they still had a great day. We had car hire for a week and drove there ourselves. It is about 20mins away. A little further on is Slide and Splash which i think is bigger and has more bigger slides which my kids really werent into. Hope this helps.
Atlantic Park (near Almancil) is small but good for younger kids - all the slides end up in the same area so it is easier to monitor the little ones.

AquaShow is also good - a lot bigger than Atlantic Park but more chance of getting lost. More adventurous rides though.

Slide & Splash was a complete nightmare when I visited. Totally heaving with people by 11am. 30+ minutes queuing to get on the least popular flumes and lots of age restrictions for rides involving rubber rings. We gave up and left by 1:30pm - waste of 40+ euro in my opinion.
Hi,

I'm off to Alto Da Colina in just under 2 weeks (getting excited :D ).

Our flight gets in about half past 7 (so by time we get to hotel in our rental car could be near on 9).
Just wondering what time they allow check in until. Anybody know? could be a problem if we are too late!! :cry:

HZ
We were there in June and due to delays arrived same time if i remember right it is a 24hr reception with an English guy from manchester if he is still there have a lovely time, we did wish it was me. :yipee
Definetly a 24hr reception
excellent thanks for that.

Can't wait. :D
Hi
We're going to Alta Da Colina in a few days with our 5yr old and our 2yr old. Having never taken the kids abroad before or on a plane, does anyone have any child friendly advice?
Can anyone recommend child-friendly restaurants for evening meals? What about lunches, is it easy to buy picnic stuff?
How far walk are the beaches and do they have sunshades?
Are the rooms noisy with the entertainment on?
Any advice on local places to visit with kids?
Sorry for all the questions, anyu info at all would be very helpful, thankyou!
Anna
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.