Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi
Thankyou so much for your reply, you really are very helpful! I much appreciate it :D
We're so looking forward to going now, everything i have read that people have said about this place is fantastic!
Once again, thanks very much for your advice!
Anna
We enjoyed our holiday in June and would go back yes the Santa Eulia beach is nice and at low tide youcan go on the cliff walk to the next beach, go to beach and go to your left as you walk on youcan go up the side of the hotel walk not so bad brings you out at the strip.
If you turn left at the bottom of the road walk on to the small petrol station then down keeping left and you will come to another beach.
If you go to the old town go through the tunnel and there is a lovely beach, take the train down it's an experience.
We found plenty to do on site if you wanted to with the reps, take a walk around the golf village nexty door for a different walk to the local small supermarket, have a lovely time .
You could go to zoo marine my daughter and grandson swam with dolphins and they loved it
Hi went to alto da colina in september and would return only let down was the entertainment and everyone when we stayed there felt the same the answer from reps was " it was there first summer there" accommodation was great as there were 5 of us we know what to look for. The strip is very child friendly best place we went was El Ranchos at the bottom best sizzling stone and good value. Also along the road from alto towards the strip is a place called Micheals if you dont want to walk all the way to strip or drive excellent place for food not an exstensive menu but good and food is quality great for kids. On a whole we found portugal very child friendly our children are 2,8,10 so still quite young and all places welcomed them. Also supermaket down the road from alto that people on previous reviews have said about is more exspensive than altos shop so dont wse your time walking down there.
Hello from the Alto da Colina Front Desk.

It's great to have so much feed back from our clients.

Here's some news, we now have a new web site adress, where you all can see our facilities and much more....

http://www.altodacolina.com

For reservations after May 1 2006 please contact First Choice.

Fell free to contact us our e-mail at the desk it's: colina@mail.telepac.pt

Hope to see you again soon,

Best regards, Goncalo Duarte
Is this still true? :-

Across the road, the Santa Eulalia Beach is reached via Alfagar's private access (steps built on the cliff face).
All Alfagar facilities (250m away) can be used by Alto da Colina guests:
Direct access to beach, 3 swimming pools, supermarket, restaurant, bar, snack-bar, nightly entertainment, playground and tennis.
there was no freezer compartment

Did the fridge not have a sort of Ice Box where you could make ice cubes??

I always take a cool bag on holiday and obviously will need to re-freeze the blue ice blocks otherwise it would be a waste of time.
Yes there was a tiny box for making Ice Cubes in the fridge. Have a wonderful holiday/
:idea:
were going to alto da colina at end of april 2006 [**edit**] it is our first holiday abroad as a family we have 2 boys 12 & 16 [**edit**]

edit to comply with terms and conditions
wizard
dp007g8326 welcome to HT please see terms and condittions

14. Members must not use the forums to arrange meetings with others.
Any such messages will be deleted unless prior approval has been sought from Moderators. This is for your personal safety and security

and in general the following

When arranging to meet someone you have chatted to on the forums, remember that you are dealing with a complete stranger. Don't exchange too many personal details online, such as home address or phone number. Use the site's private message system instead. It's never too late to cancel arrangements, if you have any last minute doubts. Just send a private message explaining that you have changed your mind.

Never go alone to the first few meetings and don't be tempted to divulge too much personal detail straight away. Wait until you get to know the person a little better, if indeed you do want to get to know them any better. If you feel in any way uncomfortable at any time and wish you hadn't made such plans, offer polite excuses and leave.

Hopefully any meeting will result in a long and happy friendship. But please try and remember during the relaxed holiday atmosphere, that you have just met a total stranger, who could be telling you absolutely anything which may or may not be entirely truthful.

Please remember too that Holiday-Truth.com accepts no responsibility whatsoever, and any arrangements are made entirely at your own risk
Hi,
How was ALTA DA COLINA ? We're thinking of going in June 2006 with a 4 year old, an infant and 70 yr+ Granny and Grandad. Would it be suitable ?
I've read that this accommadation is at the top of a hill. Would it be an easy walk for 2 not too active 70yr olds ?
Hi i wouldnt recommend it to walk to the nearest restaurant was 10-15 mins and albufuiera was a good 20min walk alto da colina as a hotel/apart was great but unless you want a hotel based holiday i would go for something nearer albufuiera as from here you can get anywhere. Only my opinion though we went sept 05 with 3 kids the youngest being 2 so from different end of the scale to you we found it hard with buggies and such . hope this helps x
Alto da Colina is in a nice location but it is a bit far from the bars & restaurants, you will need a taxi especially with your elderly parents which will cost you approx 3 & half euros one way to Santa Eulalia or the strip for your night life & eating out. Depends what you want from a holiday, peace, tranquility or lotsa night life, noise and bang bang. Regards Jayjan
On top of the cost of the taxi reception charge 1euro for every taxi booked even if they ask for 5 taxis to be sent out they still look for a euro for each one.

If your parents arent very active the location isnt the best however in June it should be easy enough to get taxis. If you were prepared to overlook the taxi situation I would definetly book it because the complex is 1st class. 8)
were going to the alto da colina 27 april for 2 weeks does any one no any decent places to eat and have a drink in the evenings whats the entertainment like in the hotel and how far are we from the nearest town is it in walking distance or is it a bus or taxi is there any thing for the kids to do we have 2 boys 12 and 16
We are going here 29th April for 2 weeks, where are the best places to go to with 3 kids aged 4 and 13 and of course places to stay away from.

I am also wanting to know best places to eat on a budget for 7 if poss :wink:

*Edit bold and italic removed -Glynis*
It is about a 25 minute walk into the Strip. It will cost about 4 euro in a taxi. If you are planning on walking one way, walk in because it is all down hill and get a taxi back.

There is a nice place to eat about a 10 minute walk away called Martin's. You pass it on the left hand side of the road as you head to the strip.

Entertainment when we were there in July was pretty standard not up to much really. Even when we were there in July the nights get pretty cool so make sure you bring some long sleeve tops because you are up very high.
Hi there
I'm new on this site and i've read a few of the posts but can anyone tell me the time it takes to walk to the bars/restaurants. I know it's downhill on the way but just an estimate of time, as myself and my family enjoy walking and as our boys are 3 and 5, it would be good to know if the walk is possible. They're tough little cookies and we will be going out early in the evening so we'd like to walk, builds up a nice appetite and knackers them out!

Thanks in advance for any info. By the way, we're going out on the 22nd of April for two weeks, not that will make the walk longer or shorter....ermm duhh!
hi, i am going to these apartments in april, friends of ours are going to the balaia plaza (large pink hotel) does anyone know how far apart these hotels are. many thanks
You will walk to the strip in about 25 minutes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.