Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi Paula
I really hope everything is going to be good for you. I know its not going to be as good as it could be? because im not going to be there to meet up with you all now :lol: , but apart from that fingers crossed its great.
Keep me informed when you get back won't you? You really do deserve a good one.
Hi everyone, I really think fc can't mess this one up because of all the publicity involved. We are all going to go away and enjoy ourselves MORE than we ever thought. Here's to Kos and all the 1st Julyers, have a fantastic holiday and report back ASAP, Cheers!!
Hi to you all again,

Firebird Apache:
have you any idea what happened to "sp55"??
His reports were very reliable too, I thought.
His last post was from 10 June.

An "eyewitness" report would be very nice too. My modest opinion...
Hi Wilson Family

I am so disappointed that you won't be there. Hope you really enjoy your holiday in Turkey, I've read the feedback and it sounds really good. Actually it is on my list of fallbacks.

To everyone else, i apologise for my ranting earlier, of course we will have a good time!!!!!!!!!!!With all the good folk from holiday truth - F/C have to pull out all the stops. Cos the manager their may have to live without his bits and pieces if its crap!!!!!

Paula :oops:
Well we have all been waiting for these days to come now for a very long time.
We have all gone through the ups and downs :?
The countdown begins 5 days to the first people arrive 8)
Gosh its exciting stuff :P
Hope the internet connection is up and running :shock:
Good luck :lol:
Have a fantastic time
Just think no hoovering on the toilet seat because it is brand new!! :roll:
I'm really looking forward to all your reports. Still disappointed I did not get there and meet lots of the lovely peeps I met on-line but we're still thinking of going there next year.
Pictures do look far more encouraging than last ones we saw.
Will be a shame when this thread gets closed as it has been one huge emotional ride for all of us.
Hi Irene, SP55 is really busy now with this being the main tourist season. The last time i spoke with him, the resort was looking well.
Hi everyone,
Would like to wish all of you that are going out first (1st July on) a great holiday. I am sure glad that our group are not first out. but I think that first choice will ensure everything is up to standard they can't afford any more bad publicity. So pack your bags and have a great time folks :tup :lol: :D :arrow: s. :)

Theresa
To Janemick / r anyone whos going before me!!!!!!!
As you are one of many going on 1st July i wish you a very merry good jolly holiday.

Please please could you find out while you are there if you can book your room for late check out . I have totally forgot to do it and when ive rang F/C their allocation have all gone but she says you should be able to book when you get there.

On my count down now 5weeks to go for us !!!!!!

Happy Jolly hols !!! :thanks
I have had severel people contact me as regards to sending information via personal emails when we arrive at KABC. As you can appreciate we are only there for 1 week and would rather not spend my whole time on the internet. I have made arrangements with Firebird Apache to let him have as much information as possible. I will do this at the earliest possible moment once I have had time to look around the place and gather information together so this will probably be morning 2nd July. Hopefully the information will then be relayed on this site(or if this is closed on the relevant one). If internet up and running then I will probably post on here myself. Hope that explains everything.
hi janemick

the new forum for kab will be up by then i will prepare and lock it this week redy for the changeover it will be in with the sticky items

on behalf of the forum members i thank you

wizard
Hi All,

Glad to see HT back up and running thought I was going mad - I don't know what we'd do without this site! I really missed using it these past few days. HT Wizards/Moderators we thank you! Keep up the good work.

Hi spj-wt - we are due to fly out on the same day as you (2/8/06). Me, hubby and two kids aged 12 and 7. We fly from Gatwick - silly flight times.

After seeing all the new pictures I feel quite positive that all will be good, cheers firebird! Good luck to all of you going on 1st July :gluck
Friends
after all the upheaval and problems of the last few months all is now looking good for those still going to the KABC, i do not wish to put a dampener on it but those going early please read- print- and take a copy ofthis thread
and if you haven't done so yet a copy of the safe and sound booklet (click the link after my signature)
I am sure you will all have a good holiday but it is better to be armed and not need it, than go into a battle zone with faith alone

wizard
Thanks Wizard it will be good to know where to look before I leave this weekend. Thanks for everything.
:ghug
Hi all, well this is my first post ever so now i am happy to loose my virginity to you all with this hopefully good news.

I have just got off the phone from First Choice, They contacted me after I sent them a letter using my Member of the Law Society headed paper... funny, that often seems to get companies attention!

Basically the letter said if the park was not going to be 100% fully functional I insist on knowing now. I am due to leave at 7am on 26/7, and wanted at least 30 days to seek alternative accomodation if the hotel wasnt going to be ready.

FC have just sent me an internal email stating the surveyors have concluded their progress report for the full park. This report states the park and hotel is fully functional from today, one week "early". They plan on using this extra week for staff training, i guess so they can show me where the bar and hot tub is???

I have contacted "our man in Greece" who tells me he has viewed the site and all looks finished.......yippeeeee

I hope this helps you all and i hope this doesnt turn out to be a red herring. Look forward to having a beer with you all

xx
thanks chippenham thats great news
as i am going with 4 children and 4 teenagers and the last thing we needed was for them to be bored all holiday
we are set to fly out on the 5th july ( 9 days to go)
Kos
Hi Chippenham and welcome

That is fantastic news for everyone!

5 days for some of you I am sooooo jealous

8) 8)
Thanks for the info Chippenham!
Cannot tell you how relieved I am to hear that news!
Roll on the 1st July!
Nicola
Hi Chippenham, thanks for the post and welcome.

Wow what great news, keep a very tight hold on that e mail we may need it ( but hopefully not! ).
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.