Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Lagoa Azul
94 Posts
Dave

We only did a few trips, Down to Fort Aguada (ok if you like Forts and Ruins!) Kids weren't too impressed! Went to Mapusa (mapsa) market on a Frid which was fantastic (its a local market so definitely an experience) also went to Anjuna Market - v.good more touristy,but loads of hassle. Also did the spice plantation (mainly so the boys could wash and ride on the Elephant!) which was fab and v. good value. Went to Ashwem beach which was lovely and quiet and cost us about £10! for the whole day. Arnold (the taxi driver) took us to a shack he knew and waited all day for us, he was a lovely bloke - not at all pushy so you can trust him if you want to use taxi's fairly regularly and not get ripped off. Finally we did the Dolphin Trip from Baga beach on "Willys boat trips" that was about £10 for the 4 of us and he said if you don;t see the Dolphins don't pay!! - but we saw loads. We managed to get the boys to walk from Calangute up the beach to Baga one day - but the beach is great for walking (esp at low tide) You should be ok for the birdwatching at L.Azul v. peaceful area around the hotel - have a great time in Feb - we are jealous!! :twisted:
Hi Dave, you'll have a brilliant time. Nigel seems to have it all covered in what hes said with the trips.
Also try the croc trip, they say if you dont see any crocs then they'll give you your money back.
Its a long time since i went on the croc trip, was about 10 years ago. Most people seemed to enjoy it, although i didn't because i got sunstroke and suffered from sea sickness.

Also id suggest going to Old Goa, especially good if your a catholic/christian.

Nicola
Dave

Finally got around to posting a few photos of the hotel (mainly the pool!!!) on the HT Photo Gallery- under Arpora, there are one or two showing the rooms.
Hi Nigel had a look at your photos - excellent. We stay at the Lagoa Azul in April. We were in India in November and paid a visit to the Lagoa Azul to have a look round so we know what to expect. I looks like a lovely hotel. I quite fancy one of the rooms on the first floor in the main block overlooking the pool. Nice view.
hi all
going to lagoa end of march for 2 weeks and am staying in a single room.has anyone stayed in or seen one of these rooms.trying to get an idea of the size and what facilities they have in them,also may try and upgrade to a normal size room depending on the cost..
thanks
Robbie, didn't see one of the single rooms, if you are lucky they may just sell twins as singles (I'd imagine you are paying a single supplement anyway) the twins are really large (although fairly basic, TV, fridge, aircon) - you can always e mail the Hotel to check on the room type you are likely to be allocated, they are really helpful and I'm sure you'll have a great time there, I'm jealous!!
thanks nigelfoxy
thanks for the reply..the only thing i think is if you email any hotel they will put you in a rubbish room,dont know why i think that but being a single traveller in the past ive had some cracking rooms and some really bad ones..
how much do they charge if you want a bigger one there-any ideas,,
at the end of the day ill only be sleeping there and getting ready to go out ,,,
Dont know about the LA Robbie, but if you email the Marinha Dourada and request a particular room they normally try and accomodate you. You can go in March and check out the good rooms at the LA and let me know for going in April :lol:
no prob's gemma,would happily do that..ill let you know,,still ages to go yet..whens your first trip
2 sleeps now Robbie :D :D :D Cant wait
Well I hope they don't give rubbish rooms if you e-mail them or I'm in for one! Didn't get a response back anyway. Gemma - hope you have a lovely holiday. I'm so jealous - still have 7 weeks to go! :(
Thanks lovemyhols :D When we come home we return again on 16 April and staying at Lagoa Azul, but think we might just miss you. I am sure if you have emailed LA they will try and get the room you want. When I come back from this holiday I will email them as well, so heres hoping, or we might all be in the rubbish rooms :oops:
Does the Lagoa Azul provide towels for lying at the pool or taking to the beach?
Yes, they provide the normal white ones as well as 2 of the blue and white stripey ones which are changed daily
hotxbun
can you take the stripy towels to the beach or are they just for the pool???
I was wondering if anyone had stayed at this resort before? I'm thinking of booking it for early April 2008, I've read the reviews on here and they are all good. I've read that the weather is still good in April..is this right?

Thanks for your help.

Edited to add, upon further reading in this forum have now found a post about Lagoa Azul! Thanks anyway!! :D
hi Vix
I've just merged your query to here. :wink: Perhaps others can add to the thread for you as well.
Did anyone answer the question about taking the hotels towels to the beach?
I'd like to leave ours in England if poss to save space.
Kevin
I didn't get stopped taking the stripey towels to the beach, nor did I get stopped taking my own beer,breezers and vodka into the fridge.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.