Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Lagoa Azul
94 Posts
Does anyone know if you can hire an iron at the Lagoa Azul? I know the hotel will iron clothes if you ask, but I was just wondering if you can hire an iron also.
We didn't need an iron so unable to help. Have you tired emailing the hotel we found then very helpful and replied promptly to emails
Thanks Taffy will do that :D
Hi - kevin1841 - we took hotel towels to beach a couple of times but they won't replace them until they have old ones back.

Gemma33 - don't know about hiring an iron but we borrowed a kettle (at no extra charge) so they may have irons available. With regards to e-mailing them, I did so twice and received no reply.
My wife has taken an iron for years now,but i have never known her use it,with weight restrictions,it wont be coming with us next year,I am going to logoa azul next feb,i noticed the last couple of reports on hotel where not very good,it seems the owners are in dispute and are letting things slip,an older report said it will look nice after refurbishment,does anyone know if that means it is going to get refurbished.I had a look at hotel last jan and it looked very nice,in a nice quite spot,so hope owners can come to some agreement ,and think of there past reputation which was good.
Gemma,
Just back from Lagoa Azul.... We were in room 116 which overlooked the pool and had a lake view, only one socket worked but we were not bothered by that too much. Pool was clean, staff very friendly. Shuttle runs every hour to Baga beach and will drop off at top of Tito's road if you ask. Safe was 40R per night.
Have a great one!
Hi poultonkid - got back last week from Lagoa Azul and it was reasonable. Our friends went last year and they said standards had slipped alot. The place could definitely do with a lick of paint, alot of the sunbed covers were ripped and not very nice but on the whole the place was kept pretty clean around the complex. The room boy done towel art in our room most days and made the beds but there was a thick layer of dust in our room at the end of the fortnight - don't think it had been dusted once! We weren't at the hotel that often though so weren't really that bothered. The staff were very friendly especially the restaurant/bar staff and the security guards. Did find it a bit off though that the room boys ring your doorbell the day before you leave to ask when you're leaving, in other words, hinting for their tip! We were quite happily going to give a tip (for the towel art alone) but didn't think it right to be forced into the position where you feel obliged. Turned out our tip went to the wrong boy when the rotas were changed and we asked a room boy if he was our regular to which he replied yes only to find out at reception that he wasn't and had only done our room once! Hope they get it sorted out because wouldn't want to see it slip further.
Thank lovemyhols,i know what you mean about room boys,they can try it on ,i get to know them all,and by end of hol i know who has done what,and tell them of if they are to cheeky,lets hope the hotel gets its act together for next year,The same thing happened to me feb ,went to riverside guest house,normaly a good hotel,but realy went downhill this year,was because of bridge,and no guests.
Thanks everyone for the replies. Ive had no reply from the hotel so I will take a small travel iron with me.
Will do a hotel review when I get back.
Thanks so much Tony. Talk to you again soon :wave
Will do, have a few Kings for me :wink: :glynis
I stayed there and I loved my stay with family,absolutely no complains!
my mum and dad have got a place at lagoa and i can tell you now with all the problems that are going on with lagoa there has been lot of meetings going on with the ex pats and mangers i would say 85% most def there will be alot of change next year for the good i know its not alot but got new umbelles in feb as for the staff alot of the old staff have gone and new staff have come in and there dont wont to work for there money they want to talk for the tips so if there not doing the job right dont tip after all they are on a wage i know we are on hoilday but if you did not do your job right you would not be payed so why should the staff be payed twice by you and hotel
Good news nikkie,it would be a shame to let a nice place go downhill,mind you it can be a good thing for a hotel to be part owed,at least they can see what is going on and voice there oppinion,you have cheered me up,thanks
I posted a report on this Hotel which is not very complimentary.

After 6 visits to Goa this was the first time that we have not given the Room Boy a tip. Even after requesting at Reception that they got him to give the bathroom particular attention his standards did not rise.

Our impression certainly was that the Hotel needs a maintenance crew in to refresh the paintwork etc and that this needs to be done sooner rather than later. With a bit of time and money spent it would be a lovely Hotel and it's rather a pity that they are letting things slide.

The staff in the restaurant/bar are great and went some way to make up for the shortcomings elsewhere in the hotel.

Michele
Paintwork- ya same I told to manger when I was there.
Bathroom-The rooms which we got I agree that bathrooms were too small for us.
I forgot my photo cd in room and when I came back hoom I did not found cd hence I dropped a mail to Wilfred the manager and in the evening I got a courier details saying it has been sent to me already!I had absolutely no probs as far as room service goes,something is surely need to be done like paint-bathroom etc..hope they will do the needful in comming holiday season.Overall I liked my stay there as staff was too friendly to us to be honest.
got a decent price for april 2008 for lagoa azul (arpora) £560 each for two weeks.however ive read the hotel reports on this site and they are not too clever,has anyone been latley who could give me any info on the hotel and surrounding areas .thanks :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.