Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Lagoa Azul
94 Posts
thanks gemma for easing my mind.its not my first time in goa (6th)so i never expect too much,most accomodation in goa is basic.but i didnt fancy baga again,whereas ive heard its quite quiet in arpora,at least i can go to baga when we fancing a livley night. :)
Hi les127

We stayed at the Lagoa Azul in March this year and although apparently standards have dropped, we would have no hesitation in returning. Yes there were a couple of niggles like the sunbed covers being very torn and scruffy but the pool boy told us these would be replaced for next season. The rooms were fine, plenty of room, television, air conditioning and ceiling fan, small kitchen area and bathroom. The towels and bedding were changed regularly but our room appeared not to have been dusted in some time! Our friends room was cleaned well so I guess it depends on your room boy! The rest of the place was pretty clean and tidy. The location was very quiet and peaceful, away from the madness of Calangute but within easy reach by taxi. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance if that's what you fancy. The staff are very friendly and the breakfasts were good. We had lunch at the hotel a couple of times and they were fine too. The bar service of an evening could be a little on the slow side but there's only so much they can do when alot of people are requiring service at the same time and there are only a couple of staff on. At the end of the day, this is Goa and we shouldn't expect 5 star standards on a 3 star budget. I think we basically got what we paid for and we had a great time. So don't worry, relax and look forward to a fantastic holiday!
I've booked the Lagoa Azul for next Jan and can't wait - it's still the best hotel we've had in Goa
lovemyhols.thanks for the info on the hotel :) my first time trying arpora and im sure itll be fine.we ended paying £680 flying from manchester and that is with the premium gold upgrade (mytravel airways)so i feel it was a decent deal :)
Hi les127 - glad I could help. You just never know what the area is going to be like. I know we looked at a couple of hotels on the internet or in a brochure and thought something looked nice but went for the Lagoa anyway and when we were out there and saw how close some of the places we'd considered were to the road and therefore noise, we were glad we chose Arpora. We still went into Calangute or Baga nearly every evening as we preferred this for the hustle and bustle but it was lovely returning to our quiet, peaceful room. :)
thats just the way i like it,lovemyhols. :)
is there a few places close to the hotel where if we dont fancy going into baga,we can ge ta drink locally?even a local bar,we dont mind :)
Hello Les,
There is one right outside the hotel and a few just five minutes up the road in Arpora itself. The hotel bar is quite nice too (sometimes the only place with breeze!) and only a little bit more expensive than elsewhere.
I dont really like the hotel bar cos its in a circle shape and everyone is sitting staring at each other :shock:
There is a nice little bar about 10 seconds walk from the hotel called Sebastians. We nicknamed the guy at night Elvis, cos he would get out the guitar and start singing Elvis songs (among others), it was very entertaining and a great laugh. I am sure you will like it in there. They also serve food although we never ate in it.
thanks ,gemma /kev. :)
Hi Les

There is a restaurant just up the road from the Lagoa called Honey's. We ate there on our last night, not wishing to go further afield on our last night and the food was pretty good. There was also Sebastians bakery/bar. Didn't eat there as our friend had an unpleasant eating experience there last year but I think you can have a drink there. We only went there to use the phone when there was a queue for the phone at the hotel. We quite liked the hotel bar and always used it for a drink (or three :wink: ) when we got back to the hotel after our evening out.
There is also a place round the corner from Sebastians called i think "Spice Oven". Good food, and staff are wonderful! Had a few good nights there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.