Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
:( :(

Where are you staying?

When you talked about the lady doing the PR on the strip, I wondered if we had ever met as we ALWAYS went to the 60's bar after our meal at the Silk when our boy was young!!!
Pat
:glynis
Hi Pat, well then, the chances are we probably have met! :)
(We're staying in Quinta Pedrs Dos Bicos)

Looks like it's yet ANOTHER case of bad timing on our part this year
(couldnt be helped though -hubbys hols from work, we didnt pick them )

My brother and lovely sister in law (not joking - she really is lovely) are
coming out a few days before we go home, (last year we had a week with them),
as are two friends of ours.

And now there is you to add to the list too Pat... :(
The only problem is we always stay on the East side (Cabanas) rather than Albufeira as it's too busy for us......so I never really get the chance to meet anyone....... :cry

Can you believe I've already booked my flights for next June and September..... :yikes

Pat
Enjoy your holiday Pat. :sun2 We got back yesterday; weather was generally good with perhaps a little more cloud than we are normally used to at this time of the year and a couple of showers overnight which didn't pose a problem.
I found a new wine you might enjoy if you can find it; I tried it in a restaurant but couldn't find it in the supermarkets - it's a Dao wine, called Status Touriga Nacional 2005. A Gold Medal winner, it's a full-bodied red and has definitely been added to my list - give it a go if you find it and let me know what you think.We are now on the Monte Velho 2007 and are definitely catching them up - we're clearly drinking it faster than they're making it !! God, I feel so proud !!! :rofl
On the beer topic, I still find Sagres vastly superior to Super Bock, but tell hubby there was still a little Sagres left as at Monday night and I didn't touch a drop on Tuesday - well, at least not until we got to the airport !! :glynis
Glad you had a great holiday......I'll look out for that wine......

The weather looks better than what we got in May/June as it was cold and cloudy.....didn't even get on to the beach :cry

Don't worry about the sagres as I'm sure they will have stocked up for us knowing that we arrive tomorrow night.... :fly :hyper.

Just got the packing to do this afternoon and of course get the supplies for the airport organised...... ;)

See you all in 2 weeks if I don't get a chance to come back on later.

Pat
Thinking of bookin a holiday to portugal next year...
Tell me something about it, don't know anything.
Where to go, what to do, prices, hotel (which are good etc)
Hi annalucia,

Have a look at this thread to get you started.

The Algarve is the southernmost region of Portugal and is famed for its beaches and the friendliness of its people. There's something for everyone here, from the quietest of places right through to long established resorts like Albufeira, which is probably the biggest.

Let us know what sort of holiday you like and we'll be able to help more. :wave
Although post is a bit belated I did make it on holiday after all, arrived back last week, had a lovely 9 days, weather brilliant. Met Milly Molly and her family and had a drink & a laugh with them. Youngest son & his family did eventually make it out too, together with his broken leg & crutches & is still there & and enjoying himself, he wasnt pleased with the wheelchair assistance at Manchester airport though through Jet2. He pre booked it and didnt get a wheelchair until they was at departure gate, he had to hobble through security. On arrival at Faro they were waiting for him getting off the plane and looked after him, they even took him straight to the mini-bus transfer he had booked. So a gold star for the Portuguese airport authorities & a big BOOOO for Manchester UK. Sez he will be writing a letter of complaint to Jet2 when he gets home. Now back to the rain & cold but only 7 weeks to go until we get back to the sun again
Milly forgot to tell you bumped into emalia (the portuguese lady) tout she is working at a restaurant just off the strip just over the crossroads behind the opticians just before the chemist.
*waves to Jayjan!* :wave: Hiya hun!

Aaaw, Amelia! :)

The boys said they thought they saw her when they were walking up the Strip on Monday night
on their way to see their friend play in a place in Montechoro.

How is she doing?

Glad to see you got back safe and sound.
We didn't bring the weather back with us though did we? :haha

(Son number 2 says that as it's his birthday the day you return, can he come with you? ;) )
Hya Milly, Emalia (Portuguese lady) is still her bubbly self. Glad you arrived back safely and had a lovely holiday, was lovely meeting you & hubby & your 2 lovely well mannered sons. Think son No 2 is a bit big for my suitcase :D and I cant afford any excess baggage ;) . Take Care Jayjan
Aaaww thank you Jayjan (they're not bad 'uns are they - my pride and joy actually, the two of them )

It was so lovely meeting up wasn't it?
I felt as though I had known you (and your lovely hubby) for ages!

Well you do know that you are sooo going to disappoint son no.2 now don't you?
He had starting packing again! ;) hahaaa! :rofl

Hey, I forgot to tell you, remember the friend of son no.1's that they often went off to see playing
in and around the resort?

They went to see him and his group again in that VERY popular bar (you know the one I mean ;) )
just before we came home - and son no.1 ended up playing! :really
And as per usual, we weren't there to see.... :(
Milly is that the bar you are on about near the roundabout @ Wild & Co, cant remember its name or am I having a senior moment and completly off track.
No, you aren't having a senior moment, but you are completely off track.

Think Old Town... :)
Or can I name the place without getting into trouble - possible advertising etc???
Milly dont matter as long as you dont post a link, just name the bar, brain is working over time :D help tell me :rofl
It was

*drum roll* :rofl

The Rock Cafe Bar in the Old Town square! :)

How proud am I! (though I didn't see him :( )
Ah now, my brain is remembering your son telling me about The Rock Cafe when we were all chatting. Was the other bar i mentioned, the one were he likes to play darts and pool.
Ah-ha! You were thinking of our dear friend Carlos and his place, Bar Bocage! :)
Yes Milly thats the one, brain fully functional again. :D .
Just thought I'd update you on our Marc getting home, Left Faro, he said it was cloudy but warm, and wheelchair assistance was first class, again, another gold star for the Portuguese. On arrival at Manchester Airport they sat on the plane 40 minutes after everyone had got off waiting for wheelchair assistance, even the flight crew had changed for another flight to Mercia Spain, Captain apologising for incompetance of the airport authorities. Eventually they got assisitance and the guy said that they had been so busy that all 100 wheelchairs they have were booked out and only 10 staff to handle them, what a joke that is. Our Marc said the airport was chokka block with people.
When are you next out in Portugal?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.