Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
sorry folks been a little further east the last week [Zakynthos] hope you are all well

wiz
Welcome back Wiz, hope you had a good holiday :tup
fantastic thanks...a lot of :sun2 even more :cheers worse part comming home to this weather [landed man last night] still feel bloody cold

wiz
Well we just had our first experience of Portugal (Vila branca apartments Lagos) and arrived in `that` storm 28/09/08.
Oh boy, did it lash it down, we could only run to the onsite restaurant.
Still the week got better and better, well apart from sitting on the beach (Mos I think) the sea was a bit wild and as i was looking out to sea, I saw a HUGE wave coming towards us. Shouted to my wife to get up and wham! soaked, towels, clothes, bag, food :whoops

Loved the place and will go back,but will try to remember to get my wife to NOT, take high heels into town (fat chance)

Had a fun meal/night in a restaurant down on the front, something like Adeje de Marina. Wine by the litre jug and what a great atmosphere. Come to think of it we never drank any wine that wasnt nice, even some really cheap wines from the supermarket were fine.
The only downside was it took 2hour 20mins from the airport.

Can anyone tell me what is the best month to go, as in the quietest month that has good weather. Thanks.

Kevin.
Kaw if your thinking of going back to Lagos,no doubt Sagres will give you lots of info, he is very knowledgable on that neck of the woods.
September is normally one of the best months! But it's two years in a row we have had storms like that around the end of the month.

Otherwise I would say June, before the school holidays so not many people around but temperatures hitting the 80's and dry.
We nearly always go in the middle of June and the weather is great(never seen rain in June so far) and its not too busy.

Lummie ;)
I agree with Cubsur. June and September are my favourite months.
(But in saying that, given the chance I would go any time of year!)
Wonders where Sagres is, is he on holiday? Thought he would have answered Kawkawkaw's question on Lagos by now. :que
i agree with milly molly ,i would go any month of the year :cheers ,february is a good month as it is carnival month :wave and everyone is in high spirits, particularly me :rofl
Wonders where Sagres is, is he on holiday?
.... He was, but he's back now :( . Would go along with cubsur's suggestion of September; weather's usually still good and you can normally choose your restaurant on the night, without pre-booking. An absence of children is another plus in my book. ;)
Welcome back Sagres, hope you had a splendiferous time :cheers :tup . 13 days for us to go to some decent weather :wave: :sun2
Thanks for the welcome back, jayjan, but we weren't abroad - just visiting friends in the U.K. - Not back to Portugal until just before Christmas, or 59 days to be precise. ;)
I am not jealous of all these people returning to Portugal soon.

Think if I say it often enough I'll start to believe it? ;) :haha
Welcome home Sagres. :)
Milly are you suffering from the little sir echo syndrome :D , Sorry no room in mi suitcase cos him indoors is packing all this silly stuff in my case before the clothes even gets a chance. Tight git travels light just like Cliffy. Will think about you though DAY & NIGHT!! :rofl :rofl . & will have an extra drink saying cheers to Milly :cheers . Dont cry :cry as aint got no tissues to hand.
Milly I just thought that you might be interested to know that I leave for Portugal on Monday :rofl
Not that I am gloating or anything like that. ;) I'll just get some practise in :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.