Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I have heard that Simply Red are performing on the 1st August 10pm at Herdade De Salgados, what a pity I aint down until end of August.
Hi Glynis :wave:

Where are you staying this time, are you going back to Lagos or is this the Salema holiday?

I think you will be away the same time as me except I am Turkey this year not Portugal. Still there's always next year.

Doe :)
Hi Doe we're going back to Cabanas July 6th to 20th. We go to Salema October 5th :tup

Where you going to in Turkey?
Hi Glynis

Olu Deniz again. :tup

I went to Cabanas the second time we stayed in the Algarve, a fortnight at The Golden Club or it might have been the Golden Resort :think , it's still in the brochures, a place for families really.

Lovely holiday (well they all are :rofl ) liked Tavira and a small town/village which I think was the other side of Tavira. There was a street that fronted the water with lots of restaurants, traditional ones not tourist trap ones had a few good meals there, the rest of the time we mainly ate along the waterfront in Cabanas.

Are you staying in an hotel or have you rented privately ?

Doe
Private a flat above the papershop next door to the restaurant with the lobster outside :D

I've been into Tavira but much prefer Cabanas - wonder what the little town was you referred to as we had a car last year and had a good mooch around?

We must follow each other as I've been to Olu Deniz but it was about 20 years ago - it was a tiny place then and Hisaranu didn't really exist.
wonder what the little town was you referred to
... Conceicao, by any chance ? ;)
I wish I could remember Sagres. It's about eight years ago, in my mind I can still see it. Definately by the sea, as I remember walking a long a small prom & looking into water which was quite deep, at fish & boats bobbing so presumably no beach at that point. (hope I'm not mixing it up with somewhere else :oops: ) There was a main'ish' road between the prom bit and what was a line of restaurants and cafes. There were as many Portuguese as tourists.

We may have got lost on the way and driven through salt flats or something similar that was rather smelly.

I went there as I had some restaurants recommendations from one of the Sunday papers for the Tavira area. The restaurant was so good we went back a second time.

I also prefered Cabanas as a place to stay Glynis. I just enjoyed having a visit to Tavira.

Doe :wave
St Lucia (sp??) is small with a promonade and bobbing fishing boats :rofl We could go on for ever :cheers
Sounds a possible. As you say we could go on forever. :rofl
Welcome home Pat am sure you had a brilliant time :pele
Thanks, Glynis.....have sent you a PM.
Pat
:glynis
Hi Pat :)

Welcome home, hope you had a good holiday.

Doe
We had a good holiday but the weather was very unsettled especially the first week. I felt sorry for my friends who were with us as they only had a week and the second week got better. Only really the Wednesday and Thursday (the day we were leaving!!!) were like the normal May weather.
The locals said that this was the worst May on record for 25 years :cry

Never mind, we just enjoyed chilling out. Bill finished all the Sagres and I did the tinto.......

Hopefully the stocks will be replenished by the time we go back in September :rofl

Pat
:glynis
Hopefully the stocks will be replenished by the time we go back in September
.... you can forget that !!- I'm over there from 26th. August !! :glynis
Welcome back Pat hope you & yours had a lovely time. :cheers Jayjan
Well I see Pats back all I have to say is, I may go and get the cases out this weekend ready to start packing not long to go till June 28th ;)

Dave
Not long till we go back 11th Sept..... :rofl
Pat :glynis
Off to Salema (change of plan) for 2 weeks leaving this Sunday. It's a very small resort with a handful of bars/restaurants but we'll have our car to get out and about up to the countryside.

Got a lovely apartment

http://www.vacationrentalpeople.com/Images/Prop/10284/1-2008425172127.jpg

With Brilliant Views

http://www.vacationrentalpeople.com/Images/Prop/10284/5-2008425173939.jpg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.