Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lykia world
1440 Posts
Sorry to hear that twinkeltoes.

They give you the key to a courtesy room to shower and change when you need to on the last day though so it's not too bad.
That's awful. I avoid night flights like the plague! If they have free rooms they usually let you have one for your last day, and as it's not high season you might be in luck and be able to stay on in your own room till your taxi arrives. Fingers crossed.
Thanks pamplemouse and bridd, if they give us a courtesy room do they charge for this and will we have to share this room with other people, I mean not all at the same time of course!! If we can't get a room is there anywhere else to change like showers or changing rooms around the pools? I'm dreading it really with 3 kids, this is the very thing I didn't want.We had also booked 2 rooms at a travelodge for an overnight stay on our return which should have been around 5pm but will now be 5am, do you think they will still keep the rooms for us until that time of the morning? Hubby might can get a couple of hours kip before he has to drive us back home?
Re Travelodge, I would ring them and explain your predicament, shoudn't be a problem though. Denny
Hi Twinkletoes.
Never needed a courtesy room myself but friends have. They were told they could just keep their own room and there was no charge. I have heard of others who have been allowed the use of one of the garden rooms till they had to leave. Again no charge.
The very worst case scenario I suppose would be if you had to use the showers etc at the indoor pool but I've never heard of anyone needing to do that. The staff are normally very eager to help.
Hi Twinkletoes, Dont worry about your room yes they do give you a garden room to shower and get changed , we did not leave LW until 1.00am and our flight was 4.00am, i would do a taxi transfer we arrived at Dalaman at 2.10am and the coach ddid not arrive until 3.00am any they came to collect us at 12.30am, so it took approx 2and a half hrs transfer and we did it in a taxi in 1hr 10 minutes, and as for the day we left their is so much to do they time us goes very quickly anyway, i have looked at going back next year , but the prices have gone up alot. Yours Janice
Hi Thanks for your help all, Janice would the garden room be allocated soley to us for the rest of the final day or would we have to share with others (I mean hand back the key after we have showered?) and can we store our cases there and use it as if it were ours? Also will there be any probs getting the included meals & drinks right up until the end without being charged for them?
i think as long as you use the self service restaurants then they will be no charges for your meals and drinks

we were allowed to stay in our rooms although it was about 3pm when we left
I've never heard of anyone having to share a room. I certainly wouldn't accept that!
There's nothing to stop you using the restaurants etc till you leave. The only thing you will find is you won't be able to charge stuff to your card once you have settled your bill so don't do that too early in the day.
We had four young children but weren't able to keep our room on in June this year. And yes it was a shared room I'm afraid, they give you the key and ask that you return it but there was no charge for this.
Sorry forgot to add you can't store the cases in the room, but there's a room that's locked that you can put them in. And yes, the courtesy rooms are the garden ones!!
It's weird, but I just priced 2 holidays through First Choice.
4 adults in 2 residence rooms next June for 2 weeks = £4004
4 adults in a village family room same dates over £6000
I know which I'd go for.
It certainly is weird Bridd - just checked 2 rooms in the village with Eclipse in June £3236 BUT 1 family room £7726 :shock:

It never ceases to amaze me how you have to check every combination with each property. I think anybody wanting to go next year should check the price with Eclipse for 2 rooms. Even if you have young children, it would work out soooo much cheaper (would mean 1 adult and 1 child sleeping in one room and the same in another if a family of 4) :D
Also the twin rooms are not garden rooms because they have a balcony.
childrens age still up to 15 with Mytravel, so for June that comes in cheaper for 1 room at £2441
Hi when we came back last weekend, we had a late night flight also from Lykia World, we were allowed to keep our room on until 3pm free of charge, however if you required to keep it longer you had to pay. We paid 25 euros for an extra three hours. At least you were able to spend the day by the pool etc. and then go back and change for getting picked up. I didnt know we could have asked for another room free of charge. It was much easier however keeping on our own room. Hope this helps.

Moira
Hi Twinkletoes Yes you do have to hand back the key once you have showered their is a baggage room and you have to get the key from reception for that, we had the garden room for approx 2hrs for all of us to shower and get changed, as for the drinks once you have paid you final bill you cannot use your card for anything so my advice is pay the bill arouns half an hour brfore you leave. Yours Janice
Thanks Janice, So you don't have to pay your bill/tab when you check out of your room in the morning obviously? What time is check out, I mean what time do you have to leave your room by? So how come they don't insist on you paying the bill when you check out of your room? Also who did you use for the private transfer?
Hi Twinkletoes you have to check out at noon, but do not pay your bill until you leave the hotel, and yes i would use a privite transfer its much better than bieng on a caoch for approx 2-2and a half hrs it takes a privite tranfer around 1hr 10 muntes, dont worry about the last day it will go just as fast as any other day as their is plenty to do. Yours Janice PS if you want a very good taxi ask brdd or elle-meg for orangecar hire web address.
ellie meg and bridd, Just to let you know that after countless phone calls and e mails to XL I have finally received the invoice that states we have booked a family interconnecting room, no mention of a balcony though, but I am happy now I have that, just a shame it took such a long time and alot of effort on my part to keep hassling them before I could get something so simple, oh and the invoice came with the letter that informs us of our dreaded flight changes :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.