Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
when i got my wedding pack it said you need to be there 8 days in total but you would have to query it, im sure one day wouldnt hurt. on another note i have just spoken to the manager at the lindian village and he has helped clear up a few things i now have arranged a photographer reception and hairdresser and thankyou for all your advice on here it has realy help
hi again...we have been told in our legal info that we have to be in rhodes for 7 days before we will be allowed to get married...!!! :hmmm
thanks guys. ps: have you all got your dresses yet. cant find any beach dresses that i like xxxx
hi
i was only there 4 days before so you should be okay

Julie
we will only be there 4 days before we get married to so im sure your be fine, i got my dress in a local bridal shop its an off the sholder dress long and full i wasnt to keen on the beach dresses as they were a little old fasioned for my likeing
Thanks girls thats fab!!
im looking at bridesmaid dresses as they seem to be more beachy if u know what i mean. im looking at a long strapless white one with a flower on the hip. not sure how to have my hair....oooh im so excited! cant believe its only 6months away xxx
hi all...got my dress in storage...i had decided that i wanted something very simple..like you say,something beachy!!i looked at so many on websites and finally found one that i loved on a wbsite in america..nearly bought it there and then! but, found a local shop that stocked it. went to try it on and ...guess what...hated it!..eventually after trying on more dresses, found my dream dress....big big big. all layers of tulle and lots of beading...not what i thought i would go for at all..and lady in shop has advised me it will be alot cooler than a simple layer dress as lots of air can get through..and weighs less!!!so excited now..8 and half months to go and counting.
:wave
Just get the dress you love , dont worry if you are hot it is only for the ceremony after you will be fine i was and it was 47 degrees!

You only do it once (hopefully)!
when i went in i was looking at something tight fitting and flowing but hated it looked short and dumoy in it now ive got a hoop and everything, 6 months to go to cannot wait
hi smanfa...yeah..i know exactly what you mean...the slim fitting one i first wanted made me fell really dumpy and uncomfortable...here's to hoops and big dresses...isnt it so exciting???!!!!!. and julie..your're spot on...only doing it once and we all want to feel special, like a princess for the day. :ghug
yup i know just what you mean miss p, roll on may now it seemed so far away at the beggining of the year only 6 months to go
hi smanfa....so you getting married in may??? what date?...i know you've probably said at some point already but i've read so many that i forget. got so much wedding stuff going on in my head!!!! :?
hi girlies, well quick update... have changed hol to a week instead of ten days, its still all legal and sorted, yippee!! xxxxxx
glad to hear you have managed to get it sorted out...bet it's a relief for you,...you can sit back and relax now!!! :yipee
hi hun, yes, feel so relieved. am meeting wedding planner on monday to sort stuff, amd think may have found my dress today. its lovely.
have also decided on party when we get back in a greek resteraunt near where we live...it has authentic greek musicians/dancers etc. and often do weddings. we can hire the resteraunt or just a section of it, so as we are going alone to lindos i think this will be perfect when we get back xxxxxxxxx
hi again...wow the greek restaurant sounds fab..areyou going to do the traditional greek " smashing plates".to the music?!!! bet its great fun. when we get back from rhodes we are hiring a local hotel for an evening party...but thought we would do a greek buffet...but no plate smashin!!!!as they will be of the paper variety!.............did u get the dress?? :)
yes doing all the plate smashing and stuff hee hee! didnt get the dress wasnt a hundred percent sure, so im going to look at more next week, will go back and try it though because i loved it but i was tired by the time i tried it on (9dresses and two hours later) lol. will go again when im less tired and see it with fresh eyes . where did you get yours? by the way greek buffet is great idea xxx
the dress i have bought is a trudy lee dress. it was the 5th dress i tried on..the one i had wanted just wasnt as nice on..probably cos when i so it on the website it was modelled by a 6ft tanned beauty!!! !!! so i tried on a few more...my sister and my friend would pick out a dress..always slightly bigger than the previous! ( am i making sense?).my dress is big...yep..very big. lots of layers and tulle and beading detail all over...with a very lng train. the dress in the shop was£1000.00. unfortunately as our budget is so tight i just couldnt afford it. any way...have bought the exact same dress...size 10 (used) the girl i bought it from is my height,my size..can you believe it!cost me £370.00. i have just had it professionally cleaned by perry de montaignac in london and boxed. came back last week. oh my god..absolutely amazing ..looks perfect..new and so clean. just need a peticoat for it now!! :yipee
hi miss p i get married on the 29th of may we fly out on the 24th, when do you get married? my dress was over budget to my partner told me i had 800 to spend but i took my nan and spent just over £1000 so naughty of me but it was the best i had seen, im off to get the bridesmaid dresses saturday i cant wait im so excited
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.