Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi Emma
You will be on your honeymoon when we arrive! :cheers

How are your plans coming along?
I went on Friday for the first time to have a look at dresses, I have seen three that I really like but have to rule one out as it would be too hot I think. That leaves two and I am swaying towards one. I will go elsewhere to have a look and see how it goes. Are you booked through Lindos Weddings?

Bubsx
Hi all can anyone tell me when Karen is due her baby?
Smanfa you havnt got long now, the time will fly in. Glad you had a nice time with your mum.
I am just at the beginning so I hope i am as organised as you with the same length of time left.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Hi Bubs im sure you will be fine it seems alot to do but you get there in the end my stress levels have dropped now and im finaly getting everything payed off, all im waiting for now is may hehe, good luck girls i shall keep you all posted xx
Hi,

Yes I am with Lindos Weddings and Karen has her baby; a little (10lbs 1oz!?) boy. Ouch!

I have found my dress which I am really pleased with. I tried on loads and it really was a case of I knew as soon as I tried this particular one on that it was 'the one'. It is a Maggie Sottero, chiffon and fish tail, ideal for a wedding abroad...and I ordered it from America so got it for half the price it was over here! Now I just need to squeeze myself into it!

Is anyone else using the beach platform after the ceremony for drinks etc? It seems loads of people are having the champagne cruise (we couldn't we have too many people coming out!) but I haven't heard of anyone using the platform?

Where is everyone going for receptions etc?

Emma x
Hi Emma,

Not so much a little boy.
We are using the beach platform and then we are thinking about the meal at orhontico, i think thats how you spell it. We still dont have a total number of guests. At the moment my dad and his partner are the only ones that have booked there flights. We have booked a Villa in Kalathos so they are staying with us. They are only coming for a week so we will get our honeymoon alone.
Hi Bubs,

We are having our reception in Archontico and then Antika bar afterwards...it really stood out for us when Karen showed us the various venues.

I think we are having between 40-50 guests coming out with us (15 of those are kids!) which we really didn't expect but it saves us having to have a recpetion back home as most of the people we wanted there are going which is fab!

We stay in the Lindos View apartments as do some of our guests.

We have 2 little boys and I bought their outifts last week and they looked soooo gorgeous...I keep wanting to try them on them all the time. I have my 2 sisters being my bridesmaids and found some lovely dresses from Next which they are going to wear. Are you having page boys/bridesmaids?

Emma x
aww sounds like everyones finaly getting somewhere, good luck xx
Hia Emma,
We are going to Antika bar afterwards too, it looks lovely.
I think we will have either two or eight adults and two kids. Your kids must look great, im not having any bridesmaids however we may have a flower girl as Al's great neice who is four has told him that is her job! Which is fine with me if they come. I dont think i could cope with that amount of guests but as you say it saves having a reception when you come back. We still havnt decided whether to have one or not. Decisions Decisions!
:que Tanya x
Six months and two days!!!! Got my dress ordered yesterday its all feeling a bit scary today. :yikes
The time just seems to be flying, we will all be married before we know it.
hi bubs..yep..know what you mean...i can remember feeling like that when i got my dress..it makes it feel real dosnt it!!!..when are you getting married bubs...sorry, not being ignorant but havnt been on for a while as i have been so mega busy at work, (im aflorist!!) not had much time to even breath let alone think weddings!!!!how is it all going for you anyway?? sue :sun2
i cant beleive how quick mine is coming around 12 weeks today and i shall be married, it still doesnt seem real. i dont think it has actualy hit me yet just the stress lol but thats all subsided i think because we are going abroad at the moment it seems more of just a holiday if you know what i mean, miss p hows things coming laong for you? bubs you seem very organised i cant wait to get my dress on im so excited
hi smanfa, im so excited for you...so you'll be a mrs ??? you better let us know all about it when you come back..all the juicy details...you do realise we will all be looking to you for support when you get back...we will be pestering you non stop!!!!!on a serious note though...dont we forget sometimes what all this planning is for, the fact that yep...we will actually be getting married,and as you say, it feels like just a holiday...but gonna be so much more. we will al be going away single and coming back with a....HUSBAND!!!!!!! SCARY :omg my plans are coming on okay thanks...getting there,not so stressed now. how is all other B2B plans coming on ??? love sue :sun2
Any of you ladies getting married between the 2/8 and the 16/8 and would like an uninvited guest, i will wear my best outfit and be on best behaviour
Good luck to you all

Lynne
hi llindy....yep..i get married on 12th august...you wanna join in the fun...your more than welcome...the more the merrier!!!!! :wave:
aww thats so sweet, i shall send you all a linkl to my wedding photos and give you all any advice you may need, i cant beleive how close it is now its quite scary, i have been talking to a few people on other forums to and we all get married within 3 weeks of each other but just miss each others weddings what a bummer hay, it would be nice to see another wedding out there while im there maybe just before mine to put the nerves at ease lol. am i the only wedding in may xx
Oh my god - how is it that I have only just come across this website?!?

Finally a thread dedicated just to lindos weddings ....

Im getting married on the 12th May so 9 weeks yesterday - very excited!

Everything planned and all paperwork done other than the bits that husband to be (god it feels funny putting it like that) needed to do so its just a case of putting the pressure on him now because as this rate he will be getting married in bemuda shorts (nice!!)

Hows every one elses plans coming along?

Nicki x
Nickix
Kalimera :welcome to the Greek forums of holiday truths

you said
Finally a thread dedicated just to lindos weddings ....

I hate to be the bearer of bad new but this thread is for ALL Weddings on the island of Rhodos [although most Brits all seem to go to the same area]

if you are looking for information, before asking questions please take time to scan through the thread as many answers are there already

yassus

wizard
congratulations karen and laurence!!! welcome to the world little Albie. cant wait to meet him in may.
how you all doing girls? im so excited, had my dress fitting last week.
sending my no imped certificates off tommorow, im praying they dont get lost! only 8weeks to go for me...........ooooooooooh soooooooooo excited! loads of love to you all and especially any new ladies , love debz xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.