Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
Hi Dave
the blocks of village rooms are more or less all of one type so if your friends are in a different type of room chances are they will be in a different location. Nowhere is far from anywhere else though. Worst case is one of you is in T block and one of you in the Residence. Its a 15 minute stroll.
Re kids clubs - just turn up at the village dance floor at 10am to join in. Unless things have changed, no need to do anything the day before.
Lykia UK - tel: 0870 224 5524
email - uk@lykiaworld.com
Thanks for that will give them a bell and see if I can get a top floor room in T with Sea view. Don't ask don't get I suppose. ;)
Hi Dave-B, Cat 4 was the room we had last year and it was great, 2 separate rooms and was really spacious with a big walk in wardrobe. We went with friends and booked both hols together with the same room specifications and asked if it was poss to have the rooms next to one another. When we arrived they told us they couldn't accommodate our request for the rooms to be next to each other and they were about a 5 min walk from us which we were initially disappointed about but ended up being totally fine. We're doing the same this year but haven't bothered with requesting the rooms to be together.

Bridd, I've read on the forum that block S is one of the best blocks to ask for as they have seaviews - does it look by our room description that it'll be block S that we'll be in?

Also did anyone else find the teen club a bit unorganised? My daughter went a few times and felt totally excluded by the rest of the group and the staff which I was a bit annoyed about - especially after I'd told them she was really shy and nervous about coming. When they went to the childrens' paradise for a few hours she nipped to the toilet and when she came back they'd all left and got the bus down to the village pool leaving her behind on her own. Needless to say she didn't go back which was a bit of a shame. My son was in the 8-12yr old group and they were absolutely brilliant with the kids.
i should have booked the dates in august i wanted last week - and now they are not showing.

so i m back to the question - does anyone know anything about the new lykia world in belek. it says it has a childrens paradise - is that the waterpark. any ideas where i can see any pictures - ive tried the lykia website. its probably the flights that are full rather than the hotel. i have to go with cosmos as mt T is paying. lol thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Hi Mary
The new resort in Antalya is opening this month but there are none of the children's facilities that they planned. The spa and the golf etc are all ready. I think they still plan to open the kid's stuff but it's been delayed. I just got a mail shot from them and it's all adult oriented.
Bigwoo. If you have a seaview you will already be in S block.
We also found the teenage club to be very loosely organised. To be honest, mine wouldn't have had anything to do with it if it had been structured. They liked being able to dip in and out as they chose. The last couple of times we have been , they didn't bother with it much, as they know so many regular guests they did their own thing. I suppose it's handy to go along at the start of the holiday and see if there's anyone they get along with.
we were in T block and that faced directly towards the sea and we had a lovely view from our balcony although further back than S block, but the supplements might be cheaper

like bridd my kids didnt really want to join in with the kids clubs, my son played football with some of the staff that was all and ellie went once and as shes very shy she decided she preferred to stay with us and wouldnt go again, some of my friends kids went everyday and loved it, so i think it depends on your child
Karen were you in one of the rooms that takes 2 adults and 2 kids ? If so that sounds good and I will request T block, although I know they dont often honour room requests, and I would think if they are full they fit you in where they can, but it's worth a try.

I know my kids wont be interested in the kids clubs, they never have been so aren't going to start at 15 & 13. They will proably want to go on all the activities I have to pay for though. :duh

Chris
chris our room was for 5 although i wouldnt have liked 5 people in there, we had a big king size bed, then steps down to a bed settee area which we didnt use, then a seperate room with l shaped narrow beds which are fine for smaller kids, although ben was 15 when we went to lykia he was fairly small for his age so he was fine in the bed but if you have a tall 15 year old might be a squeeze unless you put him in the bed settee which would not give you much privacy, depends what you want really, if you look at lykias map you can see the block and room 101 t is the first room on the bottom left, its quite a way from reception which suited us as it was quieter

karen
Hi Karen,

Oh right so I wont be in that block. I think I am just going to leave it to chance, as I can't get my head round it. Bit worried about my DD as she is adult sized and I am daughter sized LOL so I can see myself sleeping in the bed that is suposed to be for the child.

The room I have sleeps max of 3 adults & 1 child. I think it will be the one with the beds in an L shape. Goodness knows how it will work out. TBH I wouldn't have booked LW if I had to pay for 2 rooms for the 4 of us, thus 4 adult prices. I would have picked somewhere else.

Thanks for replying, your always helpful.

Chris
Hi again,

Does anyone know the numbers of the rooms in T block ? T101 is at the bottom left I read so what would the higher floors be ? T201 T301 etc ?
Just want to make sure I get a decent room !

Also our friends have one child. When they enter their details on First Choice it gives them a standard room for 2+1 child for £2100.00. If you go and change it to a room that sleeps 3 it drops to £1700.00. Still has a balcony etc but the first choice staff don't know why . I looked on Lykia world and this room looks bigger for some strange reason. What am I missing ?

Cheers
thanks bridd. yes i really have messed up by not booking it when i first saw i. i didnt think about the flights getting full. i could go early july but the whole point of paying so much for school holidays is not having to take him out. the price for early july is more than what i would have paid mid august. madness!!.

:offtop has anyone been to another complex in turkey which may not be as good but has same sort of thing - kids water world type place, lots of pools, kids clubs and really is a complex on its own.

thanks
Does anyone want to lend me some kids so I can go here? :cheers
chris at the end of the day you only sleep in the room, i booked this room cos it was same price as a room for 4 at the time i booked diy and my oldest daughter(who was 19) couldnt decide whether she wanted to come or not, so when we decided to get married she obviously wanted to come then, we did things backwards lol. her boyfriend wanted to come too so it was cheaper to book him a double room with single occupancy and add her to my booking which cost about £25 for name added , then she shared his room, which saved me at least £500 , hence us having a free bed settee although when i booked it with somewhere2go i only booked for 4 of us, 2 adults 2 kids not sure why we got room for 3 adults 2 kids !!, lykias rooms are very confusing its time they made it simplier as even the TO dont understand them lol, so there are ways round getting 2 rooms cheaper lol if you do what we did

dave we didnt go upstairs so ive no idea what the room numbers are upstairs but you could always ask for block T upper floor im sure there was only 1 floor on top of ours but cant be 100% didnt take much notice
mary try letoonia we have been there and its similar to lykia world not quite as good and as big but still lovely, with fab views, 2 big slides into the sea, kids club, fab scenery etc and in fethiye so not far from olu deniz,big advantage is its 24 hour all inc and with some international brands ,ive listed some photos in the gallery of letoonia and have a look at this link

http://www.letooniaresorts.com/site/fethiye/fethiye_home_english.htm
SandC - I'm sure you could enjoy yourself at Lykia without kids! You would want to stay in the Residence and you could use the adult only pools, the spa, the gym (maybe), golf, tennis, and go to the evening shows, not to mention eating the lovely food. No need for children to be present at all! They even have an adult only dining room in the residence restaurant, which proves they must get quite a lot of people there without children.
ellie_meg wrote:
chris at the end of the day you only sleep in the room

Karen, That's what made me book really. I did want to try Lykia, although would have rather gone when my kids were younger as I think they would have got far more out of it. But at that time it was coming out at between 4K & 5K for some reason and I couldn't justify the expense.

I have started to look forward to it now and if I have to sleep in the bath so be it. :rofl We will all probably be in there anyway to get away from DH snoring LOL.

Chris

S&C I feel like I should offer to take you with me, but then I would definately be sleeping in the bath. :rofl
Hi everyone. Slight change of topic, but we are off to Lykia world next month and are wondering whether to take Euros or Turkish Lira. I know the hotel works mainly on credit, but what if we decide to go out of the resort? (or is that unlikely :sun2 )
English money's fine for shopping in Olu or at the market. You'll get your change in Turkish money.
Hi again ,

Can you eat at most restaurants included in the full board ?
Also what are they like for children being in the smarter restaurants with their parents ?
I think I remember reading that there is a small cover charge for going to some of the restaurants is that right ?
Also read that the trip from the airport is a bit hairy how bad is it as the wifes flapping already !

Cheers again ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.