Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
hi smanfa...yipeeee...your back with us...wondering were you have been....thought you might have stayed in rhodes!!!!i have sent you a pm with my email....cant wait to see your pics. congratulations luv sue :)
Hi miss p
We have also booked with first choice. They never mentioned anything about passport photocopies being signed by a solicitor. I am being nosy now but did you have to make an appointment with your solicitor and how much did it cost.
I go in a couple of weeks to get my certificates of no impediments. I cant believe how quickly everthing is coming round.

Tracy
I have sent you a pm too samfa, id love to see your pics.

Who have any of you used for the translation of documents too? Is it something you can just look up in the yellow pages?
Ta
Claire
x
hi tracy...it cost me £5.00 for each signature...we had the two photocopied passport pics done and brendans change of name deeds.i just phoned one near work and nipped in to see them. you have to take your passports in with you as well so that the solicitor can check them against the photocopies.when you go to your apointment for your certificates of no imped the registrar will ask you what you would like putting down in the section "place of marriage". i just assumed that it woild be st pauls bay,lindos...but i rang fc weddings team to check. they said it has to be lindos town hall,greece. i would never have known this unless i had checked as first choice didnt tell me any of this stuff....hope this helps alittle, luv sue....when do you get married...sorry ,i l know you have probably already said somewhere....its really exciting for us all...cant wait :) ..
hi darlings!!! well guess what??? just booked my hols for our anniversary next may. 2 weeks in lindos view. would have loved to have gone back to lindos memories for 2weeks but we are taking the kiddies this time.
although on may 15th we will stay in memories as that our 1st anniversary.
will be great sunbathing on the spot we married on!
was so excited in the travel agents, the girls in the travel agents wanted to see my wedding pics, so you know me!........ i nipped home and got em! (only live two seconds away)
im really hoping Apostolos will do us a good deal for our anniversary night at memories, fingrs crossed!

i know its a whole year away, bt im so happy that we are going back. im still pining, and still riding the big lindos wedding wave,lol. wow been married 5 weeks today!!

dont worry about the docs girls. its easy honestly. we didnt need anything signed and jst sent all our docs ;
2x no impediments
2x birth certs
and my divorce cert
to london by recorded delivery, was back within a week

love debz xxxx
OOOOOh wow!! smanfa! jst read ur post......welcome back!
was it amazing??
cant wait to see piccies
ill pm my email to you
(i showed all the girls my wedding pics by putting them in photobucket, then put the link on here, you need to tell the girls your password tho, bt i think we can trust em,lol)
thats an easy way of sharing lots of pics. i also did a slideshow on one true media. thats a good site, and easy to do too.
oooh cant wait to see em!
ps: did you find a silver wedding band in st pauls by any chance? my hubbie lost it when swimming the day after our wedding,lol. still cant get used to saying hubbie,still makes me smile, isnt it great!
a MASSIVE congrats to you hun xxxxxxxxxxxx
ok everyone i am now sorted with the documents. Thanks to those who provided all the info about this otherwise i would have never known until too late. I am gtteing married on the 6th October 2008 at 2.45pm. A bit diappointed about the time i was expecting an early evening slot.
We have booked the Byzatinos for our meal does anybody have any info on the place and the food.
I have booked a photographer myself and it is a company called avalon photography. Has anyone used them or heard anything about them.
I have noted about the taxis and i agree the travel agents are charging alot of money. I thought about just booking when i got out there with the hotel but is this wise when we are a party of 18?
Sorry about all the questions but i no i will get honest views and opinions from you all.

Tracy
hi sweetie i wld wait till out there to book taxi. there are always loads of them. jst book them the day before to arrive the nxt day.
i LOVE byzantinos (sp) its a great place. i went there lots. the staff are great, and the views are lovely too. didnt eat there bt had lots of frappes there .its a fab place! love debz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ps, im sure byzantinos has a website, google it and see.
it was one of my most favourite bars. its a bar downstairs and has a lovely rooftop trrace for weddings etc.
xxxxxxxxx
pps: at least your wedding day will be longer if the weddings earlier. in oct i wld imagine the weather will be cooler at that time of day too xxx
hi tracy,so glad you have sorted the documents out...it was the one thing that really stressed me out...i just didnt understand it,,....but with help frm the girls here,the fc weddings team and the interent i finally "got it"!!!! my documents came back to me again on friday,all present and correct...yipeeeeeee,all i need to do now is to send photocopies of them to fc weddings team.they say the should have them 8weeks before but i rang them (after my little document hiccup) as i new i would be less than the 8 wekk cutoff. they have told me that the latest they need them is 4/5 weeks before so everything is okay.i agree with debs about the taxis...im sure that the prices through fc were ridiculous...as was the glass bottom boat. i am just booking when we get there...we have a party of 15...but im sure if we book them the day before it will be fine.i emailed the nostalgia restaurant(as it is next to pefkos beach were we are staying) for menues,which they very kindly sent me....they look "yummy". the email must go through the hotel because when they replied they said that if i contact them the month before we get there they would make sure to allocate us a good room!!!! sounds good to me. where are you staying..in pekos of lindos?,speaks soon,sue :)
oooohhh debs...cant believe youve booked again...lucky you...bet you are counting the days. debs..did you stay in lindos or pefkos(sorry i know you probably have said before)....ohhh...was lindos weasnt it??? did you go into pefkos?...i wondered if you had eaten at any of the restaurants there??? sorry about all the questions....getting jittery now..just want it all to be right,love sue :)
hi hunni. i stayed in lindos memories, smack bang in the middle of lindos and pfkos. we went to lindos or stayed in hotel most nights but went to pefkos one night and loved it. we ate in philosophia and ate the best lamb ever and the view and sunset is out of this world!!!
i liked pefkos alot and was really considering staying there, but we got a really good deal for lindos view and my ten year old wanted lindos view due to the games room and pool tables,lol.
cant wait!!!!!
bet your getting exscited now!!
oooh have you been on friendsofpefkos website, loads of info and reviews on there. nostagia looked lovely, everyone raves about it too! and a good one iv heard of is georges.looked lovely too, and enigma.
ps: everyone in lindos seems to be called george, how bizarre is that? !! love debz xxx
everyone in lindos seems to be called george, how bizarre is that?

not really .. Greek tradition first son is always named after the grooms father second son after brides father.. so if a man has 4 son's the first born and father have the same name then if each of those have 4 boys then the first born in each will have the grandfathers name so within the first 3 generations you get 7 with the same Christian name.....fun for the postman :rofl

yasus

wizard
wouldnt like to be at a family gathering...imagine how confusing that would be!!!!! :rofl
ha ha, oh god yes that would be confusing! thanks for that wiz.
in lindos memories we had 5 georges. me and james called them george 1 and george 2 and so on....easier that way!
xxxx
Morning Ladies!

Just booked my evening reception for when we arrive back in England, yey!!! Its all go go go now!

xxxx :D
oooh brill claire, where are you having it?
we had ours in a greek restaurant with greek musicians. luckily the musicians play there every saturday anyway so we had free entertainment.
everyone paid for their own meals instead of a wedding pressie. it was quite informal, more like a big meal out. we had 55 people. and a carrot cake, yum!!
cant wait to hear about yours claire, is anyone else having one?
debz xxx
That sounds really nice, especially with a Greek theme, how long did you leave it before you had the party after you arrived back home?.
Were having it at a little country pub with a function room attached. Its just been renovated and looks lovely, they have got fairy lights etc up. There is quite a lot of people (30+) coming over to Rhodes with us so we are trying to save as much of our budget to have a big party over there and make the reception back here as cheap as poss. Luckly there is no room hire charge and we are thinking of having a sop supper and dj although i am splashing out on a chocolate fountain, he he. There is a large screen that the land lord says we can put our wedding album on so people can see our pic through the night, he also said that the function room bar closes at 1am but we can drink in the main bar until the last person leaves, which has been known to go on until 4am!!!
My friends think im crazy and 100% bridezilla for being so organised even though the wedding isnt until May next year, i just call it being efficient, lol ;)
xxxxxx
Hello miss p
I am staying at the iberostar lindos royal just outside lindos (i think). Have you made ay arrangements with first choice about getting your wedding dress out to rhodes. I have heard that the airline might let me hang it up just behind the cabin if i asked i dont really want to put it in my case as advised.
How did everyone manage to get their bridesmaids dresses out as well. I am really worried about this one. My two daughters are the bridesmaids but they are flying out the week after me.I would just like to take it all out with me when i go as i can just imagine someone forgetting to bring something.
Yes i no i am letting everything get to me i am just so worried something will go wrong.
oh one more question for pebbles (sorry i forgot your name) did you book your hairdresser while you were out in rhodes or beforehand. My daughter who Has just qualified will do mine but the rest of the family want a hairdresser but first choice want an awful lot of money. I think we worked it out to be about £40 for a blow dry.

Tracy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.