Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
:rofl :rofl hi tanya...yep...thats so funny...i can just picture you now..making yet another list!!! i've given upnow...bundled eveything together and hidden it on top of my wardrobe so that i dont have to look at it anymore!!!i 'm now onto new lists...yep...what have i forgotton to pack list,what i still need to buy list...what other treats i still need to buy me list...and on and on and on...bla bla bla!!! im going to bed now..bet i even dream about lists tonight.... :tongue
Hi Tanya,

The diamonte detail on the flowers is a great idea. I also had this for my wedding last October. I took over silk flowers to cut down the cost and I found the price of the bouquets over in Lindos were very pricey.

Im laughing at the last post saying about lists for everything...I was exactly the same! When you travel over there you'll be a nervous wreck that you've forgotten something! I was in that much of a state my bridesmaids ended up getting me drunk the plane! memories!

I fly out again next wednesday and cant wait!

Just incase you didnt know, the weather in Lindos is always about 5 degrees warmer than the rest of Rhodes. they call Lindos the oven of Rhodes! So remember your fans girls! x
Thanks joolywooly, I considered taking silk flowers but my htb told me i wouldnt be happy unless they were real so for once i did what i was told and ordered them immediately.
Ha ha sue i had to rewrite my list cause you made me mess it up. lol If i knew which list or notepad i was supposed to be looking at it would be half the battle. I know ive got the most important things so anything else we will manage without. I dont know where my head was the other night because its only six weeks on monday till we get married. :que
Hope everyone elses plans are going well. Better go and get htb's dinner on or there might not be a wedding. lol
speak to you all soon :wave:
Hi girls
Got my certificate of no impediment yesterday and we are off to London on Tuesday. We are a bit behind with the paperwork due to not getting time off work so by doing this we will catch up and get them in on time.
I have been having a good laugh at you all with your lists. Well i dont need to make any because my other half does them all the time then he will check them then make me check that we have everything, he is worse than me. He will myther me that much about everything that i will forget something then i will be in trouble for not making a list.
I think i have all of the important things now i am just dreading packing it all im sure my case will be over the allowance.
How are you getting on Sue are you still holding it all together are you having any bridesmaids? Are all your guests flying out with you. We fly out a week before the wedding then the rest of our party fly out later with my children. Who is your wedding co-ordinator when you arrive in Lindos we have someone called Ellen Howells you will have to let me now how things go as i am sure mine will be the same with it being first choice who are in charge of us both.
I also want to hear from anyone else who is getting married i the next few weeks yes i no i am nosy but its just great to hear all the lovely stories about peoples special day.

Tracy
hi tracy,,yeah i have got my two young nieces age 9 and 11.they look so gorgeous in their dresses. we fly out on sat 2nd...some of the family and friends fly out on 6th then some more on 9th!!!..i am a bit confused...i have just read that your wedding co-ordinater is called....oh damn...what did you say she was called??? anyway its a different name to mine...she is called louise....the reason im confused is because i rang first choice weddings team a few weeks ago as i wanted to see ask them if there was a contact number as louise hadnt answered any emails.....i was told to bear with her as she was the only planner there and because of the amount of weddings it could take some time!!!! so..there are two then..oh i dont know...am i bothered now....nope...

i have 4 suitcases...one each for us and one wedding case...i have been weighing them and not one of them as yet is over 20kg...so im gonna keep filling them...means i can take the pile of "maybe's if they fit in" clothes!!!!!!! :cheers
Hey ladies, ive just read in the news of the world this morning that there has been some fires near Lindos and Pefkos in Rhodes. Its only a small story, this is what it says:

*** edit to remove copyright matirial ****** wiz

Has anyone heard any more about these fires seen as most people seem to getting married in Lindos???

xxxx
3 things you can garentee in Greece during the summer

1] lots of sunshine

2] lots of fires

3] earthquakes

so dont worrie about it you cant stop it hapening

yasus

wizard
Hi Claire,

Ive been closely watching the fires on the news and internet. Lindos is not affected..I was getting worried cause I fly out on Wednesday!

They seem to be getting it under control now even though its still very bad. Tourists have been moved back to their hotels in the nearby areas, but Lindos is ok. Dont worry :)
I dont go untill May next year, i was more worried for you ladies that are going soon. I wish i was going out to Lindos on Wednesday :cry i looked into going towards the end of the season just so my chap can see what a lovely island it is before we get married but they are still a little bit out of our price range, especially since were still trying to save like mad for the bits and bobs for the wedding.

xxxxx
well...it's such a relief to hear that the fires are now under control...it was a bit worrying for us flying out there and for the people that are there at the minute...wedding in 14days arrggghhhhh...i actually felt a bit nervous yesterday....although..that was probably because i was a little hungover from saturday night!!! (i'm 34 now and it takes me 2 days to recover haha!!) fly out on saturday night,can't wait for some sun on my face.feet nice and cool in the sea....cols glass of beer...what a life hey....speak soon,luv sue,
ps hope everyone else ok...hope the plans are coming along well :sun2
Well Miss P, i wish you all the luck in the world, not that you will need it!! Im so excited for you. Have a brilliant time

Claire xxx :cheers
hi claire,thanks so much. just want to be there now...but you know what...may will come round quick and before you know it it will be your turn...and yes i will be very jealous!!!speak soon,love sue :cheers
Hi sue, Im so excited for you that I cant imagine how you are feeling, I only have five weeks to find out though aaaggghhh! Just wanted to wish you all the best on your big day, remember to breath it all in. Not that I am wishing your holiday and honeymoon away but cant wait for you to get back so we can hear all about it.
Take care and have a fantasticly fabulous time.
Good luck and best wishes
Tanya :love :cheers
hi tanya....ahhhhhh thanks sweetie,thats so nice of you. i am really excited now,although at work today my tummy has been in knots!! already been on the rescue remedy.got a few last minute things to do tomorrow but apart from that i am organised.its gonna be so great....chillin out for a few days on our own with our son untill all the rabble arive on wed/thurs!!!! wil be in touch when we get back...yourday will be here before you no it....and it will be equally fab...speak soon,love sue :cheers
Hiya All

Things seem to be a bit quiet on here,
How is everybody going?? Is any body going out to get married soon then???

xxx
Hia,
Things are really quiet, I think I am next to get married on 8th September. We are all waiting for Sue to get back and it will go whizz again no doubt. We are all wishing the poor girls hols away, but in the nicest possible way. I will be in the air four weeks just now so getting quite excited.
Hope everyone elses plans are coming together, im pretty much sorted now just my fitting for my dress and thats me. I will have to check all of my lists to make sure though lol!
Take care all
Tanya x
Hia Miss P, I know you probably wont get this till after but I just wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow. I am sure you will have the most amazing day ever, and all your expectations will be met and then some more.
I have been thinking about you since you left. Im three weeks today so not long.
So all the very very best to you and h2b
Tanya x :cheers
Hi Everybody
I have been really busy and i am gutted that i have missed sue. I wanted to wish her all the best, i am sure she wont mind though she will be out there having a great time and buzzing at the thought of her big day.
Anyway i hope all goes well and you have the best day ever.
Also i need some help from anyone who might no. Due to me not being able to get my time changed for the wedding i have decided to look at having the champagne cruise but who can i contact as i need to cut the cost of that quoted by first choice any help please.
I go in just over six weeks and it is starting to hit me now how close and real it all is. Hope anyone else who gets married out there soon is alot more calmer and everything is going smoothly.
Tracy
Hey Tracy and Tanya,

Not long now for the both of you!!!!!! Sorry Tracy but i dont know any champagne cruises but if you do get any contacts could you please let me have them as like you im trying to sort things out on a tight budget.

Good luck to the both of you and dont forget your pics and report pleeeaaassseeeee! :tup

claire xxxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.