Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Its the usual you get with 1st choice. Kids Disco 8pm, Bingo 9pm and 'entertainment act' 10pm. Some were OK the outside ones but the ones the reps put on themselves maybe 3 nights a week were absolutely brutal, they were so bad they were funny.
just arrived back from the Alto Da Colina today, after spending 7 days there. This site was very useful before I went, and was impressed with the place so had to post my comments.

Place is great, only downside was the distance from the town centre. This was about £3 in a taxi, and never had to wait for more than a few minutes for one at the hotel or a taxi rank.

Rooms were great, although maids could do a little better with a brush!! Best package accomodation I've ever stayed in.

Hotel food is alright, just a little limited in choice, and a few strange combinations in the resteraunt.

First Choice were only getting revved up this week, not so sure what it will be like when they get full on regarding daytime activities as well. Watched the end of the Entertainment Reps School Disco last night, pleased I missed most of it.
durham lad, you said you just got back what was the weather like when you was there, only 4 week i cant wait
Just got back and the weather and the hotel were Fantastic.

1ST Choice reps were brill, there shows were really funny, lots for kids of all ages to do they even have a crèche for 12 mths plus.

The Bar and restaurants staff are lovely and we miss them all already.

Gonna book to go back again in September.

Nat Cat,Ant (Big Bird),Ben and Rich if you see this we lov ya loads and miss ya
Is there any sort of dress code in the restaurant?

eg will i be okay with "Proper" Shorts (ie not swimming ones) and trainers rather than having to wear long trousers/jeans?
No dont think there is any dress code in Restaurant
My Family and I are going to Club Alto THIS SATURDAY!!!! I am sooo excited. My 4 year old asked tonight "how many more sleeps mummy". I've been on this website for over 12 months, and cant believe I'm finally going in 3 days!! I will send you all info on my return....
Have a wonderful time Kjordan, I know we had last year. Your 4 year old will love it.
My Family and I are going to Club Alto THIS SATURDAY!!!! I am sooo excited. My 4 year old asked tonight "how many more sleeps mummy". I've been on this website for over 12 months, and cant believe I'm finally going in 3 days!! I will send you all info on my return....

We're off tomorrow (Thursday) and a very excited 3 year old has been helping (hindering) us pack tonight.
Hi to any of you going out soon.

Could one of you do me a favour and ask the entertainment staff for there address again as i need to send out some DVD's to them and have lost the address Just say its the GObby lot from Gloucester, they will know who we are.

Cheers

Have a Fab holiday :lol:
:lol: Am so glad i have found this forum, we have never been abroad and have decided to book a holliday for next july have been looking at mejorca etc, but then the alto da colina seemed to stand out and look lovely and reading your reviews i think my mind is made up,
8) I am worrying myself silly thinking i will end up somewere horrible
you just think the reviews are good for a place then you get 3 or 4 that sounds realy bad like smelly lakes and robberies. Could anyone tell me how hot it is there in early july and is the beach ok for kids, alcudia beach stood out for me as people say its so shallow for a long way out. thanks folks. sarah :D
We were there last year and have been away most years in the last 7 or eight years and have never gone to any place 2 years on the trot.

We loved ADC. Location wasnt the best, a bit out of the resort centre but there are plenty taxis to be had for a few Euro.

The accomodation is the best we have ever stayed in and would have no trouble in recommending it to anyone or returning.

Weather should be up around 28 degress no problem in July. Even when we were there in the end of July we did find the nights get a bit cool and a light cardi would be required because the complex is located up very high.

We live quiet close to a beach at home so maybe we are not the best people to ask about a beach because we dont really go there when on holiday. We went to 2 beaches from ADC. Santa Eulalia is sort of across the road as the crow flies but maybe a 20 minute walk away. I think the hotel offer a bus to the beach a few times a day. We also went to Praia D'Oura beach at the bottom of the strip in Montechoro. Remember the water will be a bit wilder and cooler than any of the med resorts because it is still the Atlantic.

I have posted some pictures of ADC on the Algarve Photo Gallery if you PM me your email adddress I will send you some more.

All in all we loved ADC and would have no problem returning.
hi, we are going in a couple of weeks cant wait, does anyone no anything about the kids clubs, how you go about it, times etc. anyone else going around the 8th june
is there a hair dryer in the apartments, one review says there is, the other says you need to request one, can anyone help
what age are your kids
:lol: the boys are 9 and 7. Still trying to make our minds up, do love the sound of this hotel just realy worried still about location, had a look at reviews on balaia and it sounds very quiet. we could all walk into nearest town but its said you can wait up to an hour for a taxi back, i had a look on the gallery and couldnt find pictures. :wink:
ignor that about gallery just found them thanks. is the beach infront of the hotel very big
I was worried about location before we went but it wasnt a Major problem really. Walk in and Taxi home. We were there in July/August and never had a problem getting a taxi. I can imagine with younger kids you will be coming back early enough. You wont be looking for a taxi at 2am.

My 11 year old loved the Wave length Club and went there a lot. The younger ones didnt really use the other kids club. They sort of had 3yr olds and 8 yr olds doing same activities.
i was asking about the kids clubs, how you go about getting them in, times etc, my little boy is 3 years old. also is there a hair dryer in the rooms. Anyone no?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.