Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
:lol: what sort of prices were the drinks in the bar at this hotel. thanks
I think a pint of Sagres was 2.50euro. That was all we drank.
could anyone tell me about the 1 bedrm apartments (sleeps 4 ) obviously the main bedroom as a double, what is the sofa bed is it another double or two single beds, as my son and brother are arguing where they are going to sleep. help
Drink prices went up just as we left to 3 Euros for a pint of Sagres 3.50 euros for WKD Smirnoff ice, I'd avoid buying Coke or Squash from the bar 1 euro 50 for a very small glass, its cheaper to buy coke from the on site shop.

The 1 bed apartments are pretty standard. You get 2 single beds pushed together in the bedroom and the sofa bed is 2 single beds.
The times of the kids club varied from day to day with a timetable posted on the door of the kids club.

There were usually 3 sessions each day, 10-12, then the afternoon session varied some days 13-1400, others 1500-1700 and then there was an evening session where they watched a kids film on dvd between 1900-2100ish.
hi ya smiler 18 going on 15th of june for 1st time to portugal for a week will be there when your there.where abouts u from ? been here before?
we are from barnsley, we have not been before, how many of you are going, there are 11 of us. we travel on the 8th june, but my little boy as just got chicken pox on wed24th, i hope they will have gone for when we go away. does anyone want to put my mind at rest and reassure me they will have gone, help
benny47, so i will be nice and brown when you arrive, i will look out for you pure white guys.
tan
its alrite smiler i wont be white guna kill sunbed before i go on hols.yeh the chicken pox will av gone by 8th june my 2 kids had them last year .theres 4 of us goin me wife and a 3year old and 8 year old.look out for skinhead with england top
Yeah your little lad will be clear of chicken pox by then but they are highly highly contageous just to be in the same room as someone never to have physical contact can pass them on. Make sure you keep him away from anyone in your group who has not had them before and make sure you dont say anything about it the airline staff because sometimes they can be funny about it and may not leave him travel for 3 weeks after 1st spot appears. Different airlines have different policies.
Is there a Modelo supermarket nearby ? Lidl and Aldi are the same where ever you go....very boring.
Is there a charge for the kids club or creche ? We have a 19 month old and a 4 year old and hope the'll enjoy playing with the other kids.
Going out 01 June - hope the weather isn't too hot !!!
The supermarket on site is actually cheap enough. There is no big supermarket nearby but you can get a taxi to the shopping Complex across from McDonalds for about 4 euro and do a big shop which we did the 1st day we got there.

There is also a Lidl in the area but again you will need to get a taxi.

There is no charge for the kids clubs but there is a charge for the Creche. I think it is done of 2 or 3 hour blocks and it works out at about 11 euro per session. I think as I remember it was rather expensive.
We're getting in at 9 or 10 o'clock at night - will the on-site supermarket still be open ?
We're hiring a car for 10 days so travelling around won't be a problem
went ibiza last year luv the vender burgers they sell behind bar there and think they have them at spain. just wanted to no if they have them in portugal aswell .nice snack when going back to room after beer session
If you are hiring a car you will be fine. Dont think on site supermarket will be open at that time of night.
we have got our tickets now, cant wait, will be watching all the england games while we are away, there is 11 of us we all have a england shirt, 4 women, 3 blokes and 4 kids, they will no we are there.
hi there, I am flying out to Alto Da Colina on the 8th and my daughter is still in a cot. I have booked a one bedroom apartment and I was wondering if a cot will fit in the bedroom. I know the lounge area is big, but I wasnt sure about the bedroom size. If anyone can help that would be great....cant wait to go!!!!
Hey there benny and smiler have a great time and let us know what you thought of it all, seen alot of wicked reviews, i fly out on 8th july on honeymoon with twoo little ones in two.ill be there for the final when we lift the world cup, have a good one [/b]
We arrived at 9pm and on Thursdays they keep it open due to the high number of flights arriving in the evening.

It was still open after 10
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.