Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi Shell

We will have our reception at the Atrium Palace on 26/20/06. I will let you know all about it! There is a lady there called Susanne who is very helpful with answering all kinds of questions. If you want I will let you know her email address.

H.
Hi all

friend of mine got married at St Pauls in May, she is now saying she wont be legally married for 3 months??????? Think she may have her wires crossed any ideas what she means. I'm getting married there in 4 weeks and my husband to be is having kittens because of her comments.

Help!!!!!
Hi bevnick.

I think she might have her wires crossed. Why would she not be legally married for 3 months? We have been told it is perfectly legit in this country to be married out there, if you are worried check with your tour operator or wedding planner.
Just got back from Lindos, from our wedding at St Pauls - it was absolutely amazing, even though it was 50 degress (small heatwave at the moment out there!!). We booked our wedding with Karen and Laurence at http://www.lindosweddings.co.uk and I really can't express how fantastic they were - they made sure our day was perfect :D

I had a boat to take me from Pefkos to Lindos, then after the ceremony we went on a champagne cruise back to Pefkos where we had a beautiful meal at Philosophia accompanied by a violinist.

Everything was better than we could possibly have hoped for and that is all due to Karen and Laurence as they did all the hard work - they arranged everything from the fantastic hairdresser Bev, to the boat, flowers, photographer, dvd, restaurant, cake, violinist, taxis etc

It was such a special, magical day, I just keep walking around with a smile on my face every time I think of the wedding!
Hi Shell

We will have our reception at the Atrium Palace on 26/20/06.

Jeez Hewy, how did they manage to fit you in there, I heard that's there busiest time. :lol: :P

Yes, you can use confetti. Although admittedly we used it at the stairs leading into the chapel grounds, it looked good when the pictures where getting taken.

SHE11 - I had my wedding at St Paul's bay, but did have my reception at our hotel which was the Atrium. Any questions ask away.

FD
hehe.. sorry.. 26/10/06..
Hi I have booked my wedding in Lindos next september and was wondering about the Lambis Studios has anyone been there and would be able to tell us if it is nice.
Hi Lisbob, I stayed at the Lambis Studios last month. Is it the one with the pool? There are 2!! The one with the pool cannot be faulted.
The staff were very friendly and helpful...even the cleaners are really friendly (which I most often find arent!)
The rooms are very spacious and very clean. All the balconies and terracies face onto either the pool or beautiful gardens. Our terrace faced onto a lovely little stream and waterfall. The pool is also kept very clean.
The thing I liked about it was you didnt have to get up really early everyday to get a sun lounger. We were going to the pool around 10/11 (depending on how hung over we were) and there were still plenty of beds.
You are far enough away from everything, so you get a good nights kip. Its only a 15 min walk to the village. 4 Euro in a taxi to village and 6 to Pefkos.
The only thing i will warn you of is if you dont like cats, keep your door closed! I love the wee things and fed them tins of tuna every day. They tend to come right into your apartments as they're used to people feeding them.
Michael (the night barman) is such a lovely guy and will give you the odd free rounds!!
Hope you have a fab time. I could go on and on.
Julie xx
Hello All.

We're new on here. We've been reading all your post and have decided to go with Karen at Lindos Weddings. We emailed her over a week ago and again yesterday, but still no reply. To all those who have and are going with her, how long did it take to be contacted :?: We're getting slightly anxious as we don't want to miss out.

Thanks
Gemma & Chris
Hello All.

We're new on here. We've been reading all your post and have decided to go with Karen at Lindos Weddings. We emailed her over a week ago and again on Saturday, but still no reply. To all those who have and are going with her, how long did it take to be contacted We're getting slightly anxious as we don't want to miss out.

Thanks
Gemma & Chris
Hi Gemma, don't worry about Karen, she will get in touch! When we got married in August she said that she was really busy with lots of weddings in Sept - I am sure that she will just be concetrating on getting everything right for the couples who are getting married out there now (which is what you want when you are gettign married!!). She really is worth waiting for, we had the most amazing wedding day with Lindos Weddings.
Just to let you all know that we phoned Karen after work tonight and she called us back - yay!!! so excited now.
hi, can anyone tell me how far in advance you need to book for a wedding? im thinking some time in the summer 08
We only got engaged on 01.01.06 and booked our Oct 06 wedding in Feb

Depending on the date you do not have to book that far in advance. Will probably be different for June - Sep
Hi.
Thought i'd do a quick post. We got back from our wedding in Lindos yesterday and just wanted to tell you how amazing it was. Karen was fantastic, and we couldn't have wished for a better day. Anyone thats thinking of doing it I would highly recommend it. We are going away on our own for 10 days tomorrow but if anyone thinking about doing it wants to see pics then PM me and i'll send a few when i get home.
We arranged our honeymoon with Thomson's and were due to stay in Lardos at the El Vita apartments, today I received a phone call saying that the apartments wouldn't be open for the dates that we have booked. Looking through various sites it seems as though we have fallen on our feet as Lardos seems under-developed whilst Lindos has more to offer.

Has anybody any experience with the Lindos View studios?. Any help and advice greatly appreciated as I'm also looking for car hire in the area, many thanks in advance.

Staying May 5th 2007 - May 20th.
Hi can anyone tell me how close the Lambis Studios (with the pool) and the Lindos Star? We are staying at the Lambis and my parents are thinking of booking the Lindos Star but want to be within walking distance.

Lardos is a really pleasant village but i'd never holiday there, i always visit Lindos!

Lindos View is lovely so i'm sure you'll have a great time, rooms and grounds are well kept and there's a couple of nice pools. It's up above Lindos itself (as are all the properties with pools) but one of the first developments up there so also the closest. I'd say a 10 minute walk and you'll be in the centre though maybe a bit longer on your way back up the hill.

I always use Lindos Suntours for car hire, from the donkey station or main sqaure, walk down the street with all the souvenir shops and you'll see their office just after the street turns sharply to the left. Like most they often have promotions like 3 days for the price of 2.

I've only ever used Lindos View for the pool (never stayed) but know Lindos very well so any more feel free to ask... :D
Hi Marcuschap,

Do Suncars have on-line booking or an agent that it can be arranged in advance? What's the nightlife like in Lindos?, We have never visited any of the Greek Islands before as we are twice a year Benidorm fans and I know that it will be different to Beni. Is Falaraki worth a visit or is it really as bad as it is portrayed?.

Sorry for all the questions, many thanks for your help so far!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.