Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Yes , that was what i was hoping....
fitzy, we are going with tc on the 6th october, they said we could swap to somewhere else, but we had to travel from the same airport, on the same day. we had a £40 changeover fee, plus we had to pay the full brochure price of the holiday, as you would be giving them such short notice, i think it will be classed as a cancellation.

personally i would not change my holiday, although i can quite see why you would want to.

if you look at other countries travel advice there fco,s are advising that the uk is a high terror threat, exactly what our foreign office is saying about travel to turkey.

i,m going to marmaris with my family on the 6th october, this will be my 22nd holiday to marmaris, i certainly will not be changing my travel plans.

regards marnie xx
Some tour operators are quite accommodating, after all your still spending your money with them. If you have booked with them before you could mention about your being a repeat customer, or give them the impression you will book your next holiday with them. The fact that the school holidays are now over should help. Also you will probably need to be flexible as to where you go. No harm in asking. Good Luck.
Thank You for that...
but I am afraid I am soooooo still dithering....last minute nerves....
Let us know how you get on.

Doe
my tour operator said i couldnt change to a different destination when all the bombings happened. The thing that annoyed me the most was that i booked my holiday 2days before the bombs in marmaris.

I was so upset that i had to pay to cancel my holiday and loose out on 50%, i thought to myself i cant afford to pay for another holiday so ive decided to still go to turkey 29th sept.

I too was scared but now ive had a couple of weeks to think about why should i let the Bast***ds ruin my holiday.

Anything could happen to us at anytime anywhere, even in our own country. If thousands of people give up then they have won.

Im still scared because im going away with my 22mnth old baby, but im not going to let them spoil anything.

You all shouldnt let them spoil your holiday, im not saying dont worry about it and that it will never happen, because it could but as i said before it could happen even at home.

:lol:
Well im willing to take up any offers of unwanted tickets :rofl Sorry just trying to lighten the mood :lol:

But seriously, i was in Marmaris with my hubby & 4 year old when the bombs went off - I wasnt worried in the slightest. The way i look at it if your times up your time is up, and if you listened to all the reports you wouldnt step outside your front door - Not much of a life

Anyway, to all of you going out soon, have a great time and have an Efes or 10 for me. And if you really cant go through with it drop me a PM :wink:

LA
:D Hello

Just caught the last bit off news on GMTV stating another bomb gone off in Turkey :cry:

Not sure where has i only caught back end off it

Stating men women and children killed?

Any one else know anything about it??

Its so sad :cry:
- removed, duplicated msg

:oops:
  • Edited by Lost 2006-09-13 07:41:51
I dont mean to sound nasty but atleast it wasnt in a tourist area, i wound worry if it was but at the moment im still looking forward t my holiday.

Of course its horrible that people have died especially children. Weve all got to stay positive.

Theres a reason why they are not bombing tourist areas obviously because the turkish police have stepped up security. Im sure for all those like myself who are travelling out there in a couple of weeks that everything will be fine.

Thats all we can really hope for. :oops:
Hi Fitzy sorry to hear you feel like this, but I completley understand why you would want to cancel.
We were in Marmaris at the Gold Centre 2 hours before the dolmus bomb went off opposite. I do feel if it's your time it's your time. I have to say the Turkish people and the Kurdish people were so upset and angry at this attack, they had friends injured too.
Although we came home 2 hours before, it was 14 hours later we found out what had actually happened. When we went into Icmeler town that night, there were visibly more police officers around and they had also set up road blocks entering the resorts. Phychologically, when we heard this we did feel safer.
I did ask our rep what would happen if we wanted to go home,(not that we did) there we lots of errm, ughs, aahs well i'd have to speak to my supervisor. At the end of the day it's all about money, and as long as the Foreign Office say it's safe to travel then you have no case.
On the flip side we were more than happy to stay. We love Turkey and the people. I've booked for next year and fully intend on going.
What we tended to do was to avoid busy areas at peak times and use the yellow taxis rather than the dolmuses. Again by doing this we felt psychologically safer not sure if we actually were though.
Laurence
Poor kids, my heart goes out to all their families.

Well the PKK are certainly getting the publicity they want aren't they :!: :evil:
Off to turkey tmorrow didn't even know that more bombs had gone off until i came onto HT , wasn't expecting to read what i have just read. Not going to cancel though still going to go i have been waiting agesfor this holiday.
The more publicity they get the more they succede in what which they want which is to destry tourism.
I'm going out on Friday and agree with all of you about not letting them win but I have to admit after reading about another bombing and the warning from the PKK group that they're going to turn Turkey into Hell I'm getting scared to say the least

Jacki
HI, i'm flying out tomorrow just been on the FCo website and they aren't advising against flying to Turkey of what i could see.
This latest terrorist attack happened in the south east of Turkey which is known to be a fairly volatile area in recent years and is some 600 - 800 miles from the main tourist resorts in the west and south west of the country . I'm flying out to Icmeler tomorrow and know i'll have a great time as always .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.