Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
but no-one of our advanced years!!

Well, Pat 42, I really meant me and my hubbie! But if the cap fits .....?!

Maybe we should all put our birthdays on our profiles!!! :yikes
hi pat
didn't even notice you were missing :lol:
glad the wadding and holiday went well, now you can continue the wind up of S**** [you know who]

brian
Yoohoo.........Sagres.........where are you..........don't you want to welcome me back too????????????

Maybe it's time for your annual " wombling wunderground" trip :rofl
Seriously, how did your trip in December go.......plenty of tinto and your old namesake??????
How long till your next jaunt?
Pat
:glynis
Hi Pat,welcome home.
I'm sorry I'm late with the welcome,but I've been busy tidying my 'pooter up as I've got a new one on order so I've been deleting unwanted stuff and storing other stuff ready for transfer to the new machine when it comes.
Glad the wedding went well and you enjoyed Thailand.Cabby may be a bit closer to the airport next time you go as everything on the Algarve got shaken about a bit last week so,fingers crossed,your transfers may work out a couple of cents cheaper !! :lol:
Hi Pat,
You're going the same date as me, 24th May, except it's Lagos for the family this year. Mind you, the way the wife keeps looking at last year's photos, I think she is secretly wishing she was going back to Tavira.
Maybe next year. 8)
Hello, I'm new to this forum, actually I joined because I saw Tavira mentioned.

I'm thinking of staying at Cabanas Golden Club, Tavira, possibly in June. This would be an exchange through RCI by the way. We want to travel across into Spain from there, is this likely to be an arduous trek? We're aiming to take a look around Ayamonte etc.

Any hints would be gratefully received.

Any comments about the hotel would be helpful too please - I've seen some already and they've been varied to say the least!

Nothing's organised yet, so anyone who thinks this is a really bad idea, please speak up. :lol:
Bootiful, As Sagres would say........I'm your expert for Cabanas and Tavira!!!!!!!!
Cabanas is very quiet, unspoiled and not too touristy. It does have plenty of bars and restaurants and a beautiful beach (to get to it you go by a little boat across the river @ 1 euro return) Although, like everywhere, they are building lots of low rise apartments but they are at the back of the village and not at the front.
It does not have any discos and if you want a lot of nightlife, don't come here!!!!! It has Polakis bar and Quasimodos which stay open till about 2am with music ,and karaoke in Polakis some nights.
Tavira is the next town to Cabanas ( Cabanas is NOT actually in the town of Tavira but in the district) and is famous for it's many churches and historical buildings and is a must to visit. It is only 10 minutes from Cabanas by local bus.
You can get to Spain from the bus station in Tavira I think it is at 9.05am but check out http://www.eva-bus.net for the timetable.
We have done this route to Seville many times and back.
As for the Golden Club.......yes you will see varied reports. We have stayed in it 2 times many years ago and now it seems to have a lot of Dutch and German people staying there.
The complex is ok with lots of activities(don't know if they will be in English) and swimming pools and it has a free boat to take you across to the beach.
If you get the option......do not take meals as I have heard that they are not so good and it is much better to get out and try the lovely restaurants in the village.
This is just a little taster for you but if you want any more info just ask or pm me.
Pat
Thanks very much for the info Pat - very helpful.
I'm off to Albufeira old town with my friend for 3 nights - 19th - 22nd March.

Staying at the Sol e Mar, flights with Jet2. :pele
Have a great time, Glynis and remember to leave some sagres for you know who :rofl
Pat
You just can't keep away from the Algarve now,can you ? :) Don't forget to pop into Floyd's bar to see Perry - (Algarveaddick).Have fun. :)
Yes,not far from the Camara offices and Telecom shop;if you p.m. him he'll give you exact directions from the Sol e Mar.
Thanks Sagres.

We've used your recommendation also and arranged with Sul Travel for the transfers. When do you pay them? On first drop off for both trips?
They asked for the double trip upfront originally but I told them I wasn't happy with that and they settled for second half of payment on the return trip.
If you're a bit nervous of them not turning up for the retun trip (they've never let us down) they've got an office between the Brisa Sol and the Paraiso de Albufeira hotels, so you can pop in and confirm your return pick up if it puts your mind at rest.
Thanks Sagres will do as you suggest and offer half on drop off and the remainder on pick up :wink: (I'll tell them Sagres said so :rofl )
If it's a small round guy,late 50's, it'll be Jorge - he's friendly and speaks good English.
Ooooooooo it was Jorge who emailed me and noticed my HT sig - said he would like to talk to me when we arrive :wink:
Don't forget to tell him how often I recommend him on H.T. and that I'm not too proud to accept a healthy discount when I book him for September to Lagos !! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.