Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Cate

you're sort of right about wind directions but how it affects the UK dpends on where the system is - high pressure over Denmark would be very good for the UK.

But once the ash gets up around 20-30,000 feet it's the jetstream winds that move it and they aren't dependent on the pressure systems. You can see them and predictions at http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/jetstream.asp although sometimes it isn't online. Next Thursday-Friday is looking bad!
Gee its just total mahem!!! Due to go to Antalya from Glasgow on Friday AM... five more sleeps, but not sure how much sleep I will get!!
Please let it blow away from the UK.....going to Turkey on Sat from Newcastle.....hopefully!!!!
:que
Following the weekend grounding of aircraft at Belfast with technical problems, Ryanair initially denied passenger claims that they had been told this was due to volcanic ash being found in the engines. Ryanair said the aircraft all had separate technical issues, unrelated to the volcanic eruption.

However, after further tests, Ryanair now confirm that small traces of volcanic ash have been found in the engines of two aircraft. Ryanair say there was no risk and no cause for concern, and that the aircraft should return to service today.

Click here for more info.

David :wave
It will be fine.
I am flying out of Newcastle on Monday to Turkey.
What will be will be .....
There is always Cornwall for a week if all fails. :)
Looking at Friday it does not seem to bad over England, not much orange, or maybe i am reading it wrong :que
What about leaving Scotland on Friday??
oh oh.I am due to fly from manchester-cancun on sunday,has anybody seen a forecast for next weekend.i noticed the return from cancun-man was delayed today
ElleDee / daveg,

It's a long time weather wise between now and the weekend! The situation is very dynamic and anything could happen between now and then. You'll just have to monitor the situation and keep an eye on your airlines website for latest information.

Darren
We left Almeria Airport yesterday afternoon after the captain asking for 8 passengers and their luggage to leave the flight. After discussion re compensation, accommodation etc, 8 passengers left, the plane was able to take on more fuel for the longer flight home to avoid the ash cloud! Well done EasyJet - the situation was sorted out quickly, pleasantly and with humour and we were home only 1.5 hours late. :cheers
Mum and dad should've been in Gran Canaria today but are still stuck in Glasgow. FLight took off at 10pm last night (3 hours late) then landed back in Glasgow 6 hours later. Apparantly Las Palmas is closed ?? anybody any news on this??
sally, Lanzarote airport is closed until at least 5pm according to madsue, I'd assume its the same for all the Canaries?
Should anyone be stuck in a foreign country due to the Ash thingy becoming bad,what do,or indeed what have the tour company's done regarding overnight stay and food ? If you are on a package deal or whatever surely you dont just get dropped off at the airport on the return journey and have to fend for yourself ?

..or do you ?

:que
If you are on a package holiday then the holiday company are responsible for your accommodation and food.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.