Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
here we go again...I hope not! Im supposed to go on holiday in 2 weeks from Glasgow :duh
I am also going away to Turkey in 2 weeks - anything can happen during now and then.
Dont panic if not necessary.
This one is all booked via a tour op so Im safe if it things do go bad, it is my DIY holiday in June that has worried me lol
Thats the risk you take with DIY's I am afraid - a risk I wouldn't take :(
Only thing will be the flight as hotel and transfers are all booked through the management of the hotel. Just checked with the company we booked the flight and they will put us on another flight etc so thats not too bad.
Hubby, myself and our twin girls got over to Norfolk ok. Should have been home yesterday but flight cancelled, transferred to same flight today only for that to be cancelled as well. Have transferred to same time tomorrow, if that's cancelled then we're seriously considering using rail & sail to get home on Friday.
HI due to fly from Dublin to faro tommorrow at 0930.
airport closed untill midnight tonight.
dosnt look like ill be going. :(
had booked a package holiday.
any updates yet?
U need to be contacting the Tour Operator or Travel Agent
I would be checking the airport for information and once you know for sure your flight is cancelled then contact who you booked with. I know in Scotland they are transfering flights from Glasgow and Prestwick to Edinburgh and Aberdeen as they are opened.
anonymus you need to check with the airport and airline websites for updates. Can you add a mobile number into the flight booking?. If the flight is still operating and departs, but you simply don't turn up at the airport it will be seen as a missed departure and you'll lose out on any refunds.
We don't fly out to Spain for another 5 weeks so hopefully the bloomin' volcano will have settled down. We fly on a package holiday with Thompsons on the Friday so if the ash was bad on the Tuesday/Wednesday of that week would Thompsons contact us or is left open(ish) until the Friday morning? Flight out is mid-afternoon.
If you r flying out in 5 weeks, I wouldnt start worrying just yet ...... :wave:
Babs135,

The situation changes by the hour so you'd have to wait until the day before at the very earliest before waiting to hear if you are travelling or not, and depending what the current situation is. In the thick of it, some passengers got calls to say their flight was operating then by the time they got to the airport, it was cancelled. It's not as bad as it was, but it's still very fluid in the northern part of the UK. Hopefully things will have settled again by the time you go.

Darren
Just heard an interview on TV. An elderly couple from Shannon should have flown to New York 17 April during the flight ban. Was put back until today, how unlucky is that :(
hi anonomous.....the ban only goes till midnight tonight....things are changing so quickly with this ash cloud you could be flying tommorrow....tweetie
hi there everyone.........This may not be the thread to post this, but couldnt find a suitable one...............A very big thank you to each and everyone of you for the time, experience and wisdom and at times encouraging, in reply to posts, and providing also some very useful links..........yes i am leaving ( hopefully) from belfast very very soon, and having got myself into a tizzy, I find that reading the material on this community helpful...........Still stressed, but not as much..................Once again a big thank you for the informative postings on this subject

Harry
BON VOYAGE harry...have a lovel holiday....tweetie
I'll be keeping a close eye on the situation, due to fly Glasgow to Tunisia on Sunday, rather worried, however it does sound like the cloud may blow off onto the atlantic shortly, so hopefully things will resume quickly.

The awful thing is that we may have to put up with this for months or even years! Wonder if it will affect the costs of insurance etc too?!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.