Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
anyone know about flights out of palma
i`ve got 15 friends there as far as there aware the flights are cancelled
any info would be good
thanks pam
pammie,

They will need to speak to their airline / tour operator as to what they have planned with flights. The airport is operational, however there's a backlog of flights, aircraft and crews out of position and more passengers than seats in many cases.

Darren
liana,

Turkey is fine at the moment but the situation remains dynamic and things can change over the next 8 days. You'll just need to keep an eye on your airlines/ tour operators website for latest information relating to your flights.

Darren
lisbon,

No, you are not obliged to accept it but if that's the choice over no holiday or lost days, you have to think whats best for you. If you don't accept the option given to you and it's deamed reasonable, chances are you'll lose your holiday.

Darren
Returned from Ibiza yesterday. We were due to take off at 10.25a.m. and were only about 25mins late actually taking off. Apparently there was volcanic ash over Spain so the pilot had to take a detour and as it was affecting lots of airlines the delay was caused by waiting for a time slot. I did notice that the information board showed "Delayed" for lots of British Flights but our Cardiff flight did not show a delay, and we were unaware of it until we boarded the aircraft.
Hope the problems do not escalate as we have friends still out in Ibiza.

By the way no information about the volcanic ash problems were available from the Thomson notice boards or reps. :que
I think you have to take it day by day and not look ahead. Its not worth worrying about
Warning of further disruption risk

The Department for Transport is warning that parts of UK airspace are at risk of closure from tomorrow (Sunday), with disruption possibly lasting until Tuesday.

Passengers travelling in the next few days should make regular checks on airline websites.

David :wave
It says it will effect probably the SE of England only
It says it will effect probably the SE of England only

Although forecasts are liable to change, the current warning includes but is not confined to SE England. Volcanic ash cloud could affect airspace in parts of Scotland and Ireland from tomorrow morning, gradually moving south to affect other parts of UK airspace including SE England up until Tuesday.

Oh great that will be the fifth flight I'll have had cancelled because of the ash. I checked the Met Office ash forcast for Monday and the main ash areas are more the west and north of the country so my flight from Cardiff to Glasgow looks in doubt.
Any ideas of whether glasgow will be affected, flying out early monday morning, not sure i will get now.

Thanks in advance
Airports wont be told until 6 hrs beforehand
little me ... the changeable nature of the situation means that no information about specific UK airport closures is currently available. At the moment it is suggested that airspace in parts of Scotland could be affected tomorrow, spreading to the rest of the UK on Monday. Different parts of UK airspace may be closed at different times over the next few days. All you can do is monitor your airline's website regularly for further info as and when it becomes available.

The Irish Aviation Authority warns that airports in the west of the country (Sligo, Donegal & Knock) may close from 7am Sunday.

Thanks for speedy reply David, I will just have to wait and see what happens as you say its changing all the time and even if glasgow is shut, depending how much notice they have and where and when plane was coming from we could be bussed to another airport (wishing here).

Heres hoping,

Thanks again for info

little me
The latest Nats update. posted at 04.35 this morning can be found here it states that a no-fly zone has been imposed to airspace over parts of northern ireland.
manchester, liverpool airports shut from 1 today :duh
The list of airport closures from 1pm today is in fact much longer than that now, and currently includes Prestwick, Carlisle, Manchester, Liverpool, Doncaster, Humberside, Leeds Bradford, East Midlands, Ronaldsway, Campbeltown, Islay and Barra.

Some airports in Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic are already closed, including Belfast International, Belfast City, City of Derry, Donegal, Sligo and Knock.

It's best that passengers continue to monitor individual airline websites as any info posted here could quickly change.

Could anyone tell me what happens if your outbound flight is cancelled due to the ash but your return flight isnt? I have booked with RYanair, but only going for 4 days, on Wednesday, should I hold off checking in? it says that if you have completed online checkin for the return flight and it isnt cancelled then you cant apply for an online refund.
nikkihols,

Details are on Ryanairs website. I would give it a couple of days yet as things could change between now and then. Hopefully the restrictions will be lifted by the time you fly but as always, the situation is dynamic and you need to keep checking with your airline.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.