Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Bluepeter i understand you voicing your opinion towards this topic but not everyone has the same opinion as you. You dont know for a fact people have been cheated out of money, Turkey seems to be sneakily doing that a lot these past couple of years.
No one is right in this situation as we dont know the facts of whether members are lying or genuinely being ripped off by check in staff.
Its best if you just let people voice their opinions on what has happened to them as some members like to hear what is going on.
Im not trying to direct any kind of attack to anyone, only trying to bring peace to the topic.
This is a holiday forum, were supposed to be anxious to get away and all getting along!
it seems to me that bluepeters opinion to this topic is the correct one.
if your over weight then you must pay up,
if your not over weight you dont.
end of story. :wink:
nobody is disputing the fact that if your over the allocated weight then you should have to pay ive just returned from majorca where a firend of mine was 2kg over and charged 20euro but infact as a group of eight we should have had 160kg between us which we were well under, what I'm referring to is people have had bad experiences of not being overweight and being charged which is why the topic was setup but bluepeter doesn't seem to hold much sympathy with these people and is becoming increasingly frustrated as the topic is being drawnout.
If you read the thread from the start there are people who are complaing that they were ikilo over and you would think they would let you off because it was only one kilo,as far as I can find out traveling as a group does not mean all your weight is clubbed together ,only those people who is included in the travel documents and were booken in block can sometimes qualify for this . That means I can meet up with someone at the airport and go through at the same time and club the weight together I dont think so .And as you keep saying this is my opinion .

Bluepeterno1
if these people know for certain that they are not over weight then why are they paying extra,i know for a fact they wont get a penny out of me,i weigh my bag (as we all do)at home,then check this again at the airport the two always tally and as i dont bring anything extra home with me i know for a fact that im not over the limit. :wink:
As you say only people travelling in a group sometimes qualify for this as i mentioned it was friend of mine who was charged like I said there were 8 of us, who's travel documents do you think they were on I'm not usually in the habit of just meeting people at the airport and asking if I can travel with them,if it'a war of words Bluepeter that your after then fine but I think thats proving my original point even more that your rather abrupt,unpolite and seem to look down on us
We all know our weight allowance is clearly printed on ours tickets, if anyone chooses to go over that then that is their perogative

But as the old saying goes :wink:

If you cant pay the fine dont do the crime :cry:
Geordielad I have no wish to get into a war of words with you or anyone else .You are making this personal . I have reported your comments to admin ,they can sort it out .

Bluepeterno1
I am prepared to offer my services in 'how to pack light' for those of you who cannot keep under 20kg when travelling (female, 36, fortnight in Turkey June/July 07, hold baggage weight 12.2kg).

My credentials speak for themselves no? :D

Form an orderly queue........................
Sandy i agree we have 4 in our party and last time all our cases ranged between 12 and 14kg (two weeks in turkey) cant see any need to be overwieght
Sandc

Please share :lol: I bought lite weight cases that really helped me

:offtop I remember when this site was a friendly place that gave advice and not attack other members maybe we should get back to this.
Well for starters, do you really need so many pairs of shoes? :D
hi guys
this weight thing is confusing me we are a party of 3 going next week,is it upto 20kgs each in one case or must it be 20kgs in seperate bags :roll:
You can usually combine the weight, so in your case a combination of bags totalling 60kg although there is a limit on how heavy a particular case can be, think it is 25kg but check your tickets.

Hand luggage is no heavier than 5kg and must be one piece each, these would include cameras and handbags and the weight can't be combined here.
some hotels have scales as they weigh the food as it is delievered ! mine did between 7 of us we managed to sort our cases out before getting to dalaman. we gave all our toiletries and clothes we didn't want to the staff at the hotel they were so greatful because they work for little money so every little thing helped - the reps also appreciate things to.
Does anyone know what they do if you say you don't have any money left to pay the over weight charges.
I would imagine you would be asked to take out and leave the excess.
your warned by everyone reps etc so u would have money left because u would save it u can have 30 kg max so thats a max chg of £60 if u have a 20kg limit

*Edit please do not use phone text thank Briar
Hi Fin

They will ask you to emply your suitcase until its the correct weight. I've seen this happening a few times.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.