Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
no i doubt that , i was meaning maybe a 2-3 year old lol. there are some companies that hire out mini buses separate to lykia world and they were cheaper, we hired one but they did have to wait outside the complex for us as they werent allowed in, but cant remember who they were , but im sure if you ask around someone somewhere will know someone with a mini bus, or you could get lykia to sort it for you, they do most things but they are always dearer, ie paragliding was about £30 more in lykia than olu deniz booking office.

if your children are teenagers like my 2 older ones were at the time , they didnt want to come out with us shopping etc so i just took my little daughter who was 5 at the time with us, i was happy leaving them in lykia for a few hours as they were well looked after and security is very good, but it does depend on how you feel and their ages, ben was 15 at the time and my oldest daughter 17 , so we only had to get 1 taxi for the 3 of us
Karen
You know how sugar beach has a minibus that comes to collect you, am I right in thinking that Lykia wont let it come into the complex? Or is it that the minibus doesn't want to come down there because its 5kms away? I will definately want to go there at least once maybe more and am wondering the best way to do it. I suppose I could just get a taxi into Olu and try and hail down the free minbus. I can't get my mind round it. :think
Chris
chris we went to suara beach and they told us that lykia world wouldnt allow them to collect residents, i didnt really go into the why thinking about it now, they could have picked people up outside the complex, i know the waiting taxis outside lykia can cause problems but we ignored them but sometimes they shouted at the drivers etc, i felt they didnt have 100% rights to us having to use them they didnt belong to lykia as far as i can remember but expected all their business and were greedy lol with their prices, this was my only problem with lykia, it was a pain but dont let it ruin your holiday as everything else was fab
Twinkletoes - There were the 6 of us, kids aged 10, 7 , 5 & 5 and we were all able to squash into the one taxi last year!
Doepsmc - you don't need to get a taxi into Olu and then hail the free minibus, you just get the taxi direct from Lykia to the lagoon, whichever beach you want and arrange a time for them to come back and collect you. It only cost the same as a taxi into Olu itself I think.
Thanks mehmeh, that's what I will do. :tup
I'm very confused now :think about these taxis and beaches, so is the blue Lagoon called Sugar beach? We def want to go to the Lagoon.....and the taxis, are Lykias taxis inside the complex? Just worried now about the ones hanging round outside as these might rip us off (is that correct?) but Lykias taxis are more expensive, yes? So which one should we go for? Our kids will be 9, 11 & 12, pamplemouse which taxi did you use, a Lykia one or one from outside? And Ellie I would love to leave all of the kids when we go to the market as they are boys and hate shopping lol! but I would equally worry if they were all left, the eldest (12) is very sensible and I would trust him but not all 3 together incase they bickered, but then it depends on how occupied they would be in the kids clubs as I wouldn't want them leaving it when we aren't around?? Ellie, the minibus you hired, did that come with a driver? or did you have to drive it yourself? (Sorry if that's a silly question! I'm so confused by all this taxi business!)

Just off the taxi question for a mo, is there a drying rack or something similar provided to dry clothes, swimsuits, towels etc on the balcony at Lykia in the village or should I take a small washing line? That's if they allow them to be put up? (Bet you all think Ive gone crazy!!)
lykia use the taxis located outside the complex, these dont belong to lykia but sit waiting for lykia guests to use them, if you want to use them reception can call them and they will be allowed into the complex. we hired a mini bus and driver. the lagoon area has lots of different beaches, some are pebbly in the conservation area and there is a charge around 50p ish to go in that part of the lagoon, whereas some little sandy beaches surrounding the lagoon seem to be privately owned, we like suara beach so we used that particular beach but other people have their own preferences, its very pretty and if you look at the photo gallery i did put some photos of suara beach.

the kids clubs are run very well and keep the kids occupied they do loads of activities etc with them, your older children are younger than mine were so thats a tricky one, but if you have a mobile and give number to kids club rep and your oldest is happy at the club and makes friends im sure he would be ok to be left for a few hours, depends how you feel about that, only you can make that decision
The Lykia taxis will not rip you off because there is a price list on the reception desk, so you can see how much you should be paying.
Ok thanks, I will have a look at the pics. But can anyone help with my my second question about drying swim stuff, towels etc on the balcony, will there be an airer sort of thing in the room to hang clothes out on the balcony or should I take a small line to tie up on the balcony if this will be allowed?
There are small washing lines on the balconies. It's years since I stayed in the Village so not sure what they are like now, but the Residence balconies have an extendable thing attached to the wall which you pull out. Its big enough to hang 3 0r 4 swimsuits and a towel on.
You could also drape things over the balcony chairs. There are drying machines in the 2 laundries. They were free the last time I was there.
I just thought I shouldn't really need to dry off towels each day as you are provided with fresh ones I think aren't we? Can you change your beach towel only once a day or as often as you need? And where do you collect them from? Thanks
when i was there they changed towels in the games room , im assuming its still the same, im sure you can change as often as you like
They are in the games room twice a day in the morning and again late afternoon. You can change them as often as you like at those times.
I usually take a couple of my own towels as well, for taking out with me if we go on a jeep safari or something similar.
Bridd does that mean you aren't allowed to take Lykia towels out with you? Say to the Lagoon or another beach? I wasn't planning on taking any actually since our luggage allowance has been cut to 15kgs.
Nobody would know if you took them out with you. There's no need to take towels if you don't want to. We've always had a big luggage allowance.
Twinkletoes,
I was there twice last year, you can change towels at the games room and also near the pool bar on the residence side, beware - they dont leave beach towels in your room no more - they give you a card the size of a credit card - one for each person to exchange for your towels, but ensure when leaving to go home and you drop your towels off you get the cards back and then pay your bill or they will add 15 euros for each towel card not returned to reception.

Hint ;) if the person giving you towels tells you to help yourself, and say your picking up two towels, try to get your had over 4 towels as they are folded thin, then you will have some for the beach outside lw and some for use by the pool !!
Twinkletoes, reception called the taxi for us. We paid when we were dropped off in Olu and told to ask a nearby shopkeeper to call his number on the card when we wanted to return. We gave him a sizeable tip and when we returned the driver insisted that we only pay the balance and no more!!!
Gregg do these towels all look the same, colour/patten etc lol Surely it would get confusing if you put your towel on a sunbed if they are all the same, someone else could forget where exactly their sunbed was and sit on your towel or worse still take your towel so you have to pay for it at the end? I hope this dosn't go on there, people taking each others towels? Does it ever cause problems with towels on sunbeds? Also are the towels decent? I'd rather not pack any of my own as we only have a 15kg allowance on the plane :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.