Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Is the Balaia Plaza a big pink hotel, if so they are about a 5 minute apart. When you go down to the main road heading towards the strip you will pass the Balaia Plaza on the right hand side.
Hi again
Can anyone tell me if there is an iron in the apartment. I've read the description online and it doesn't mention it. This is VERY important, please reply.
No there is definetly NO iron in the rooms, there is an Iron in the Laundry room which is on the 4th Floor and it is metered and you have to get a Token in reception and I had gone all the way up to do Ironing to discover I needed a token. I could have swung for someone.
Mmmmm guess that means i'll be taking my own then, i normally do, but the last few places we've been there's actually been one and it p's me off that i use my baggage allowance because i take a REAL one and not a 'travel but don't take the creases out' one. Thanks for that, you've saved a domestic in this household on the 21st of April (day before departure and my Birthday!! He'll probably still find somthing to complain about regards my packing methods but he'll put up or do it his bloomin self! :roll:
So i still need some answers....... Where are the best places to eat at a good bargin price for 7? Where is the best places to buy english food? (my kids are fussy). Whats the weather likely to be like?

Anyone else going for 2 weeks 29th April?

edit to remove bold see terms amd conditions
Hi Siren, some supermarkets around Albufeira sell english brands but at a price. Marachino, Pingo Doce near the watches roundabout sell some english brands, Lidl which is just higher up the road past the fire station & Plus supermarket which is on the Worms roundabout. Cheers Jayjan.
Its good to see such wonderful reviews. We are going on the 6th of April, does anybody know what will be open at the complex and if thre is any sort of entertainment at this time if year. Also is anyone going to be there at the same time.
Is the restaurant in the Alto a buffet restaurant or waiter service?

Can you pay to upgrade to half board for the week on arrival?
No the restaurant if waiter service and when we were there in July there was no option to upgrade.
For anyone that is interested I have just added some pictures of the Alto Do Colinia. At the moment they are in the upload section of Photo Gallery. Hope this helps.
Hi everyone. This is an excellent site to view whilst trying to prepare for your hols! We are arriving at Club Alto on 20 May 2006 for two weeks with our 2 year old and 4 year old girls. It will be their first holiday abroad and on a plane and we're soooo excited! Just wondered what activities there are in the day and evening to keep them entertained. Also, wondered if any other young families are going at the same time as us! :lol: I know noone can predict the weather, but how hot does anyone reckon it will be this time of year end of May?
Hi everyone. This is an excellent site to view whilst trying to prepare for your hols! We are arriving at Club Alto on 20 May 2006 for two weeks with our 2 year old and 4 year old girls. It will be their first holiday abroad and on a plane and we're soooo excited! Just wondered what activities there are in the day and evening to keep them entertained. Also, wondered if any other young families are going at the same time as us! I know noone can predict the weather, but how hot does anyone reckon it will be this time of year end of May?

We'll be there for a week then, fly out on 18th May, me and the missus and our 3 year old girl.

According to http://www.wunderground.com it was hot and sunny last year at this time.

The alto have a website showing all their facilities :http://www.altodacolina.com/
Seems like a silly question, but my wife would like to know if Tea Towels and/or Dish cloths are provided in the apartments?

Anyone know?
both are provided.

:D Smashing Thank You
Have a lovely time we were there last June had a lovely time, plenty of activities during day for adults and children, nice walks especially down to beach then along cliff tops to another beach,very good breakfast just before strip, old town really nice beach under tunnel 8) :lol:
we have booked to go to club alto da colina it sounds brill, we are going on the 8th june, there is 11 of us going altogether, i have a little boy age 3 years hope there is plenty to do for him, anyone else going round this time
we are going to club alto da colina on the 8th june for 2 weeks how long is it from the airport to the apartments anyone no.
I dont think it was anymore than 40 minutes max. They sort of take back road into resort and as soon as you come off main road it is only about 5 minutes away.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.