Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi Carole two or three weeks ago I felt like you that the place would be crawling with "suits" so everything would be ok. Not so optomistic now though but as you say if it opens I would still go, make the most of it and then have my gripes with FC on return. One of our best holidays was when us and fellow holiday makers were all in the same boat over problem accomodation and we finished up having a ball making the most of it.
Paula is that the Oceana in Halkidiki?
Yes the one in halkidiki it looked gorgess. Yesterday there were loads of rooms todays its gone.

Paula
Yes I fancied that but couldn't find it. Are you looking for 1 or 2 weeks?
Hiya again

2 weeks, it was only available on the 11/7 - we can go any tine between the 11 and 26 july. There is one in corfu that looks alright as well. However I'm not paying any more money than I have so F/C will have to foot the difference..............

I still pray ours will be open cos it has everything for the kids.

Paula
Hi again, just been looking, there's one in Zante, Hotel Louis Zante Beach that has quite good reviews that we might be interested in but it's probably not right for kids. This is bloody ridiculas cause the time I have spent looking and worrying over this holiday I could have booked it myself it was only the time element that stopped me. Seriously all you lot out there in future think about doing it yourselves. It just takes a bit of time researching on the net and then all you have to do is book your flight and accomodation. You can save 50%.
over the weeks that ive been on this site ive heard it said hundreds of times concerning the opening of the kabc <ive got everything crossed that the hotel will be open , fingers, toes, feet, legs, heart, everything.
I wonder if somewhere in this country there are a few worried fc directors who are saying the same ' ive got everything crossed that these blinking builders will get this blooming hotel ready by the 1st of july other wise there are going to be alot of angry customers on the the phones again'.
oh yes heres something for you to lookout for if you sit on the right side of the plane when returning to gatwick, one of the first buildings you see if you look out of the plane window is a fc building it might be head office, right next to the runway.
I have just found this site and wished I had seen it a few weeks ago. Due to go to KABC on 2 Aug with our 3 kids aged 6,3, and 1 - We were originally booked for Corfu ABC, that was cancelled and changed to kefalonia, that was cancelled and we were changed to Kos.
Accepted the change to Kos the day before seeing Holiday hit squad but was told as I had accepted the change they would only change me if I paid all the extras so now have to sit tight and wait. I am banking on 3rd time lucky.

I spoke to FC again on Monday and they told me it would be open on 1st July with all facilities available with the exception of horseriding. Lets hope they are telling the truth as if they can pull it off we'll all have a fantastic time
Stacey B, just to let you know we booked this originally and we argued the toss and they eventually changed us without charge. I think if you are unhappy about waiting to see if it opens they will have to change you. Don't put up with it if you are not happy! I think as they have messed you about so much they would have little choice but to change you.
Good luck everyone, am still watching the site to see how you all get on and I really feel for you!
Bev
:rage :rage
Sorry I really can't take this anymore not willing to risk paying 4.5 and having all this anxiety and all the worry what we are going out to, or even if we are going to get there at all. Think will book KABC for next year. Looking at another hotel now in turkey.Sorry guys to jump ship at the last hurdle.
THANKS FC!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x
Will keep checking in to see how you guys get on.
Hi The Wilson Family, what date are you going? Can't you hang on just another couple of weeks? If we do get to go 1st July I will update on here at the fist available moment, i.e. 2nd July. Will this not give you enough time then to change?
Bev they have just told me they won't be charging me for changing but have to pay any extra's on the next hotel. But in fact i have just priced up a 4* for less money.
Hi all,

Just checked out the forum I have been busy working. Things are not looking to positive. If the dreaded letters or phone call comes to cancel I do not think they will be able to find us anything on Kos that is equal to the KABC.

I do not want to go anywhere else so if we accept self catering will they refund us with enough money for food and drink for the two weeks? I really do not think they will. If we go half board which will probably be Psalidi ( there are some nice hotels there) will they provide us with an hire car to visit the area we wanted Tingaki? Again I don't think so.

Now I am feeling fed up :( and just want someone to tell us the truth to our questions.
Hi Sukaay, you've been quiet for a little while now. I think we are all feeling the same way but what else can we do? I am still waiting for FC to call me back from 3 days ago. I am not wasting any more money ringing them. We are supposed to go in 3 weeks and 2 days now. It was 2 weeks before departure when they cancelled before. So just have to sit tight and wait and see.
Hi Everyone

I know it is very hard and worring but if you can try and hang on FC will change you, pay extra and will try to please all if it does get cancelled again.

I know places (Hotels) are disapearing fast but when the others (May and June people) were cancelled some of them got fantastic hotels in Dominican Republic and Mexico.

I do think it will be ready it will just be planting and a bit of cosmetic work to be done.

Good luck to all in whatever you do :wink:
Hi Janenmick
We are due to go on the 19th july with a party of 7. I have only got the 19th or 20th that we can fly because the mother in law is due to go away on the 5th August and then she is away on the 26th August (lucky devil) all other dates will conflict with the school holiday. So with such a large party holidays are getting harder to find for all of us.
Feel we will loose out completely if we don't do something fast.
Its so not fair if only someone could say yes it will definately open with everything finnished but there isn't anyone out there who can say that.
Hi Janenmick :)
Fingers crossed that you don't get cancelled, if you go then we are all going. Have you got alternatives ready?

You should recieve your tickets soon then, but saying that, some of the others got their tickets and where still cancelled! :?

:( :(
Hi Sukaay,alternatives now down to about 2. Fancy Zante or failing that Cyprus although we are going to Cyprus in October.
Hi Wilson Family :)
do you not think that you could wait a little longer before changing your holiday until the 1st or 2nd July I know it is stressful waiting to here something but it can be as bad trying to find something else that is suitable. I am sure that Janenmick will let us know if everthing is ok once they are out there. :)
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.